A few things I made today
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Gallery Discussion

Submissions: 16

A few things I made today
Posted on Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:43 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

I have been trying various styles of crosses and they all seem to be too tight or too limp. This one is ok in the middle, but the arms and bottom stem are still a little loose, but it is the best so far and I will probably wear it myself.

Not sure what to call this; it was a variation of a bi-cubic weave, but turned on its corner like a diamond. I like it Smile

Lastly, a euro 4-1 thumb ring. It is a little too big and I am not sure if I like the way it looks on me, but this was my first time with this weave.

Posted on Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:33 am

Here I was trying to wrap this little gem thing (I didn't have a coin or anything nicer) with an alligator weave ...

I know I didn't do the connection right, but I got tired of messing with it Wink

The groove in it is a little too deep as well (and my gem is thicker than a coin), so I guess I'd need to use smaller rings next time. Man, this was a pain with the 18G 5/32 rings I used this time; I don't know if I'd want to mess with it in smaller rings ... but there may be a better way to tackle the weave too as I just added the outer rings to a strip of Euro 4-1. Anyone have a tut for the alligator back weave?

Submissions: 574

Posted on Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:33 pm

This is pretty good stuff. For another cross style, try B²+1.

There is a tutorial for . You just have to add another ring in the middle (of the same size), which makes it far more sturdy. It works at around an AR of 4.4, or slightly above that.

I don't think a tutorial for Alligator Back exists yet. Any takers?

Chainmailbasket.com (2019-01-01) - 376 + 79

Submissions: 29

Posted on Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:56 pm

Their kinda already is Alligator back is the same as Persian Dragonscale - Weaving and Joining but you dont run the top euro 4-1

Posted on Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:58 pm

Thanks guys Smile

Yeah, that is pretty much how I did the alligator back piece I did.

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1