Back from the GRAVE
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Chat

Submissions: 0

Back from the GRAVE
Posted on Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:39 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

did i scare ya..... I am kinda getting back into things so i figured i would see who is still around. Talked to BlueBuddha the other day, but where are the old timers????

Chow - I still have your mini Vase Very Happy

Submissions: 10

Posted on Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:24 pm

I'm still here and at TRL, though I haven't actually mailled in quite a while. It's good to have you back.

IGP (Irregular Grid Painter) Links:
Home | FAQ | Downloads

Submissions: 14

Posted on Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:18 am

I'm just getting back into maille, it's been a few years. Hopefully I've actually got enough time to work on it again...college kinda killed that free time thing needed for mailleing.

Welcome back!

I'll rise, but I won't shine.

Posted on Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:25 pm

I'm an old timer. I just got back on here today. Seemed an amusing thread to pop in on as it is relevant. My position held now reads "lost in time" awesome.

Always question what you know before you question what other people know. So you know some facts huh? where'd you get them facts from? Facts come from people and people lie. Can you prove what you know?I find it's best to speak from personal experience and never quote fox news.

Posted on Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:55 pm

Hi Dubie!
It seems like forever since I last was on here. Good to see a couple of us oldbies are still around. I NEVER imagined that M.A.I.L. would become the massive archive of all things maille when I suggested the acronym back in what, 2002?!?

It just blows me away how big this site has become! And to think it all started with just a handful of maillesmiths disgruntled by Ld. Charles' heavy-handed behavior on The Chainmail Board! Although I must say it is quite gratifying to know that this rebellion that I helped start has replaced TCB as THE goto maille site on the Internet! May it weave its' way far into the future.

Anyways, I too am getting back into making maille. I quit the SCA several years back, and as that was my major reason for making maille, I just lost interest for a long time. I recently joined a LARP group that lacks the politics and BS inherent in the local SCA groups, and they love having someone local that makes maille! So I'm back!

Anyways, it's good to see you on here again! Smile

Posted on Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:31 pm

Heh, it has been a while.

Make saw cut rings: http://www.Ringinator.com/

Submissions: 313

Posted on Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:15 pm

Lord Donecan wrote:
I NEVER imagined that M.A.I.L. would become the massive archive of all things maille when I suggested the acronym back in what, 2002?!?

It was late 2000, or possibly early 2001, over at The Chainmaille Board that you gave M.A.I.L. its name.

Nice to see you guys again!

p.s. I was Odin at TCB. Smile

Tell a mailler what ring sizes to use and they'll weave for a day. Teach them AR and they'll weave forever.
Chainmailbasket.com (2016-02-10) 203 + 17

Submissions: 106

Posted on Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:45 pm

I would almost pay you guys money to get together and write up the story of how MAIL began and submit it as an article! Now THAT would be interesting. Very Happy

"I am a leaf on the wind." ~ Wash
Lorraine's Chains
Gallery Submission Guidelines

Submissions: 50

Posted on Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:05 am

lorraine wrote:
I would almost pay you guys money to get together and write up the story of how MAIL began and submit it as an article! Now THAT would be interesting. Very Happy

I also think the origins of M.A.I.L. would be worth documenting, from as many perspectives as possible.

Comprehensive Diameter Database: Web Page | Online Spreadsheet | About the database

"When you have bigger wire, you make bigger maille. It's neat like that." -Cynake, January 15, 2009

Submissions: 313

Posted on Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:54 pm

What would eventually become M.A.I.L. was first discussed in November 2000 at TCB.

By March 2001, WoodyNaDobhar and I had hammered out the first version of the m.a.i.l. website, and we hosted it on angelfire.

About a year later, the automated system was in place. I had very little to do with that.

There's a common misconception that M.A.I.L. started in 2002. This is because everything had to be resubmitted under the new system, and the member list shows dates registered.

Tell a mailler what ring sizes to use and they'll weave for a day. Teach them AR and they'll weave forever.
Chainmailbasket.com (2016-02-10) 203 + 17

Posted on Wed May 14, 2014 3:00 pm

anything every come of this?

I vaguely remember the start of M.A.I.L. was during the time that TCB was down due to our lovely hosting company.

who was the women that assisted.... Wow.... 12+ years ago.

Posted on Sun May 10, 2015 5:54 am

No follow through that I've heard. I'd love to help put together an article on the odd set of circumstances that resulted in this grand enterprise. I'll mention it to Lord Rus the Mad and see if he wants to add his memories of that time.

Submissions: 26

Posted on Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:39 pm

I am here. Very Happy
Good to see you.

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1