Newbe
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Knitting Circle

Submissions: 0

Newbe
Posted on Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:56 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

I guess this is my introduction, I am new to this site and to creating chainmail. I am open to any advice or website direction. I am a disabled vet from Idaho...now, I am originally from Missouri. I just happened to stumble upon a youtube video on making mail and it has always interested me as to how it was made. I am looking forwar to the first of the month when I can get supplies to start. Coif Smiley I am open to any contact and assistance Coif Smiley Greatful to sites like this. I am a 43 year old woman who served in the Army, Desert Storm was my war and I became ill after causing my leaving. I have loads of friends still serving and hope I am good at this.

Submissions: 72

Posted on Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:29 pm

Greetings from a fellow Idahoan, and welcome to MAIL. May your new addiction bring you much joy and many callouses. Coif Smiley

Submissions: 3

Posted on Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:06 pm

Welcome! The number one thing to remember about maille is patience. M.A.I.L. is a fantastic resource and has helped me with some many things in my journey with maille. Again welcome and beware those little rings become addictive!

Submissions: 11

Posted on Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:15 pm

I echo the welcome of the others and give my greatest suggestion when starting out: have a read through the beginner articles on this site (and in fact all the articles when you have time/interest. They're a gold mine of information) and the glossary. Learn about aspect ratios. Those couple things will hopefully answer a lot of the questions that newbies ask over and over (and over!). If you still have questions though, do feel free to ask. We don't usually bite (unless you're into that sort of thing). Smile Last and most important, have fun and welcome to the madness!

Submissions: 1

Posted on Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:56 am

Welcome and well come.

USN, 1977-86.

'The Minstrel Boy to the War is gone...'

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1