PM draft folder
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Requests

Submissions: 97

PM draft folder
Posted on Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:03 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

Is it at all possible to add a draft folder to the PMs? Many times I've been trying to respond to someone's messages while on break at work and am not able to finish writing my PM before my break is up. It would really be helpful to not have to re-type out everything, but be able to save a partially written message that I could finish off and send later. Is this at all possible?

Insistence is futile.

We are the Quartz, lower your shovels and surrender your rocks. We will add your gemological and mineralogical distinctiveness to our own. You will adapt to service us. Resistance is rutile.

Handmaden Designs LLC
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Handmade Artists Shop
Author Website

Submissions: 106

Posted on Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:12 pm

If I know I'm not going to be able to finish a reply, I usually save it to a WordPad file. But I can see how having something similar to that on MAIL would be helpful.

"I am a leaf on the wind." ~ Wash
Lorraine's Chains
Gallery Submission Guidelines

Submissions: 149

Posted on Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:27 pm

Maybe there's a technically possible way in phpBB, to add a 'Save' button besides the 'Send' one, so that an unfinished message can stay in the outbox, with a 'hold' flag, until 'Send' is clicked. I have no clue what is possible and what not, so let's see what DL tells us. But if it's a major affair to implement, I'd think it's not important enough to do that NOW but can be shifted to later, as long as article DB rework is in progress. So only if it's a quick'n'dirty affair, I'd tackle that currently.

-ZiLi-

Maille Code V2.0 T7.1 R5.6 Ep Fper MAl Ws$ Cpbsw$ G0.3-6.4 I1.0-30.0 N28.25 Ps Dacdejst Xagtw S08 Hip

Human societies are like chain mail.
A single link will be worth nothing.
A chain is of use, but will break at the weakest link.
A weak weave will have the need to replace weak links.
A strong weave will survive even with weak links included.
-'me

Submissions: 20

Posted on Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:09 am

This is a feature built into the new version of phpBB... Hang onto your hats Very Happy

Until then, I recommend what I do: Compose the PM to yourself, rather than intended recipient, that way if you have to send it incomplete, and re-work later, you can.

Submissions: 97

Posted on Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:34 pm

Daemon_Lotos wrote:
This is a feature built into the new version of phpBB... Hang onto your hats Very Happy

Yay!!

Daemon_Lotos wrote:
Until then, I recommend what I do: Compose the PM to yourself, rather than intended recipient, that way if you have to send it incomplete, and re-work later, you can.

Thanks for the info, Lotos! I didn't know you could actually PM yourself.

When I have this issue at home, I just copy/paste the message into an e-mail and save as a draft there, but when I'm on break at work I don't have to time to do so as break is only 15 minutes on a very slow loading computer.

ZiLi wrote:
But if it's a major affair to implement, I'd think it's not important enough to do that NOW but can be shifted to later, as long as article DB rework is in progress. So only if it's a quick'n'dirty affair, I'd tackle that currently.

My thoughts also. The when, doesn't matter much to me, I was just asking if it were possible to do this, and, if so, if it could, perhaps, be done somewhen after the much more important/needed changes were made.

Insistence is futile.

We are the Quartz, lower your shovels and surrender your rocks. We will add your gemological and mineralogical distinctiveness to our own. You will adapt to service us. Resistance is rutile.

Handmaden Designs LLC
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Handmade Artists Shop
Author Website

Submissions: 11

Posted on Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:44 pm

As an addendum to this...though not -quite- related...is there a way to make it so that when you're going through your inbox deleting messages to make it go to the NEXT message after you've done it instead of taking you all the way back to the list of messages? It's really, really annoying to me to have to keep clicking on the next message. Yes. I am lazy.

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1