SOLD: Saw-Cut 18g 3/16 ID Stainless and/or 14g 5/16 ID
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Trading Room

Submissions: 0

SOLD: Saw-Cut 18g 3/16 ID Stainless and/or 14g 5/16 ID
Posted on Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:58 pm || Last edited by TheOldWay on Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Link to Post: Link to Post

Hi, all.

Title says it all, really. Both items are coiled and cut by myself, so springback will alter the ID of the links. The stainless links can be tumbled and polished, but the galvanized links will lose their zinc coating if tumbled/polished. I will still do it; you'll just end up with mild steel instead of galvanized.

I've got a couple thousand of the 18g links (around five thousand or so), and over 30 lbs of galvanized wire I'm in the process of coiling/cutting. Processing time would be required if the entire lot of galvanized were purchased.

I will meet TRL's machine-cut price for these links, which sits at about 25% of saw-cut value.

I am also willing to cut other sizes of galvanized (assuming you catch me before I coil it up). Same pricing scheme applies as above.

Lastly, if you just want the wire, I'm asking $1US per pound, plus shipping. I will weigh what I have at the time a request is made.

I'm also willing to acquire new materials for custom jobs, but would require a 25% deposit to obtain the wire.

All transactions can be processed through PayPal, or through Etsy, if desired. This gives a public record of the transaction, as well as the potential for feedback.

If I missed an option you're looking for, let me know. I'm pretty flexible/accommodating. I'm just trying to raise some money for new supplies.

"What a man can be, he must be." ~Abraham Maslow

Submissions: 5

Posted on Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:58 pm

PM sent.

I come in pieces.

Posted on Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:25 pm

Many of the stainless rings have been claimed, but I do still have about 1500 left, if anyone's interested.

The galvanized wire has been completely coiled into 5/16" ID coils. I have some of the rings cut; maybe a couple of pounds. There are approximately 90 coils.

Posted on Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:19 pm

UPDATE: The stainless links are now claimed. I still have 90 coils or so left, plus a few loose links. I can cut these coils on request, or ship them as-is. Either way, I will keep this post open until Monday 2nd before committing them to a shirt.

Thanks to all who have shown interest.

Posted on Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:50 am

UPDATE: The galvanized links are now claimed. Per Trading Room Rules, I am editing the title of this thread to reflect a successful sale.

Thanks to all who have shown interest.

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1