Mailing Music
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Chat

Submissions: 2

Mailing Music
Posted on Mon May 28, 2012 11:30 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

Hey guys, I know when I make maille, I need some extra sensory input. I put on some music to get into the mood, and I was wondering what you all like to listen to as well. Myself, Im a (big surprise) heavy metal kind of guy, and my poisons include lots of Iced Earth and Metal Church, but if it rocks hard itll generally do.[/url]

Submissions: 11

Posted on Mon May 28, 2012 9:47 pm

I don't really listen to music while mailling. It's more something that I do while watching movies or TV shows.

Submissions: 20

Posted on Mon May 28, 2012 9:52 pm

Jax25 wrote:
I don't really listen to music while mailling. It's more something that I do while watching movies or TV shows.

Ditto.

When I'm mailling, I usually have something that I've watched many many times on in the background, so as not to distract.

Stargate SG1/Atlantis for example, or Friends, etc

Useful Links
Site Help: [ BBCode Help | Weave AR/Ring Size Popup | Login Issues ]
Weave AR Search is back: Try it out!

Submissions: 16

Posted on Mon May 28, 2012 10:23 pm

I would rather watch SGU, but SG1 and Atlantis are good examples, too ^^. So yea, I'm another one who watches his DVD collection while mailling...

But for usic, I hear a lot of stuff and don't have a favourit band, but Iced Earth is nice sometimes. I prefer german music, don't know why, I prefer to watch shows and movies in english (especially if they are british). So I don't think that a lot of people here would know the artists I prefer ^^. (But what the hell; Janus, ASP, Schandmaul, In Extremo, Streuner and Lordi.... ok... I guess some people know Lordi ^^).

Submissions: 20

Posted on Mon May 28, 2012 10:36 pm

Kleriker wrote:
I would rather watch SGU, but SG1 and Atlantis are good examples, too ^^. So yea, I'm another one who watches his DVD collection while mailling...

But for usic, I hear a lot of stuff and don't have a favourit band, but Iced Earth is nice sometimes. I prefer german music, don't know why, I prefer to watch shows and movies in english (especially if they are british). So I don't think that a lot of people here would know the artists I prefer ^^. (But what the hell; Janus, ASP, Schandmaul, In Extremo, Streuner and Lordi.... ok... I guess some people know Lordi ^^).

And some people know In Extremo Smile

Useful Links
Site Help: [ BBCode Help | Weave AR/Ring Size Popup | Login Issues ]
Weave AR Search is back: Try it out!

Submissions: 266

Posted on Mon May 28, 2012 11:37 pm

I generally tend towards listening to music while mailling, and when I do, it's mostly heavy metal, including the two bands you mentioned. I've even been inlaying the logos of some of my favourite metal groups for my Heavy Metal Jacket.

I like lots of non-metal music too, and there's nothing specific I listen to while mailling.

Tell a mailler what ring sizes to use and they'll weave for a day. Teach them AR and they'll weave forever.
Chainmailbasket.com (2013-11-23)
152 + 13

Submissions: 3

Posted on Tue May 29, 2012 5:08 am

We don't have a TV.
But yeah, a lot of metal, and funny enough Trentemöller. What I mostly listen to while weaving is kids playing in the yard, I'm the one who tries to make sure they don't do stupid things.

Only one word can make me angry, and trust me dear, you can't pronounce it.

Submissions: 296

Posted on Tue May 29, 2012 10:16 am

if i listen to harder music, it's usually "tool." if i'm listening to softer music it's usually a movie soundtrack like "braveheart." i also like to listen to books on audio. right now i'm listening to "shantaram." next, i want to get "wild - from lost to found on the pacific crest trail." lucky for me, i'm an audio learner and i love music.

Submissions: 1

Posted on Tue May 29, 2012 3:10 pm

I usually have my laptop open at this site with the weave I want to make and the radio is always on. When I get it I watch series like Once upon a time or Gossip Girl xD and I'm on automatic pilot Wink

-Sam-

Posted on Tue May 29, 2012 4:44 pm

Daemon_Lotos wrote:
And some people know In Extremo Smile

Wow, I'm impressed Smile

Submissions: 11

Posted on Tue May 29, 2012 6:05 pm

I have a tv but it doesn't get any stations. Wink I usually watch TV shows or movies on my computers. Hey, with two monitors, I'm a multitasking machine. Now if I could ever get anything done...

Submissions: 64

Posted on Wed May 30, 2012 8:02 am

I pretty much have Lana Del Ray on repeat on the laptop at the moment when I'm working/mailling. Otherwise it's iTunes shuffle which could be anything from TOOL to Willie Nelson.

Kelly Clitheroe
Maille_Fantasy

Maille Fantasy
What we do in life echoes in eternity-Maximus Decimus Meridius (Gladiator 2000)

Submissions: 0

Posted on Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:33 pm

I watch any interesting TV series that they have on Netflix. TV series are like 20-100 hour movies, perfect for those big projects. I like Breaking Bad, Archer, Eureka, Lost(this is the show that I was getting into the first time I mailled), etc.

For music, when I am in the garage, it's usually alternative rock or punk rock.

Posted on Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:14 pm

WhizzleWorks wrote:
I watch any interesting TV series that they have on Netflix. TV series are like 20-100 hour movies, perfect for those big projects. I like Breaking Bad, Archer, Eureka, Lost(this is the show that I was getting into the first time I mailled), etc.

For music, when I am in the garage, it's usually alternative rock or punk rock.

Yeah ^^ two hour movies mostly don't cut it, they try to fit too much into something that short (don't get me wrong, there are plenty good movies, and even tv shows that would've been better off being a movie).

Submissions: 3

Posted on Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:51 am

I tend to go into Dio/zepplin/judas priest mode when mailling Smile

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 3. Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next