Other hobbies?
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Chat

Submissions: 0

Other hobbies?
Posted on Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:29 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

Do you guys have any hobbies other than chainmaille? I personally do a little bit of origami, and I want to start doing some woodworking.
My Photobucket Origami Album

“What we call chaos is just patterns we haven't recognized. What we call random is just patterns we cant decipher. What we can't understand we call nonsense. What we can't read we call gibberish. There is no free will. There are no variables. There is only the inevitable.”
-Chuck Palahnuik

Submissions: 11

Posted on Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:22 am

Oh lordy. So many...

Writing, reading, photography, scrapbooking, needlework, quilting, costuming, leatherwork, gardening, doing things outdoors, gaming (both online and RP), music, going to conventions...and I just added scientific illustration to my list.

Submissions: 74

Posted on Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:28 am

tish you're good at that. I like the mouse/dragon. Are you making origami clothing in the future? (Just for a display obviously).

Does playing with a radioshack RC helicopter count as a hobby?

Posted on Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:05 am || Last edited by Master_Solotov on Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:36 am; edited 1 time in total

@Jax25
damn, a regular renaissance -̶m̶a̶n̶ woman

@djgm
not sure what you mean by origami clothing, and i would say that counts, its not like there's a standard for hobbies these days

*edited for gender correctness Very Happy

“What we call chaos is just patterns we haven't recognized. What we call random is just patterns we cant decipher. What we can't understand we call nonsense. What we can't read we call gibberish. There is no free will. There are no variables. There is only the inevitable.”
-Chuck Palahnuik

Submissions: 20

Posted on Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:20 am

Master_Solotov wrote:
@Jax25
damn, a regular renaissance man

Except Jax is a lady Wink

As for me... Video Games, Maille, Programming... Oh, and chatting in the M.A.I.L. Chatroom...
That pretty much sums me up.

Useful Links
Site Help: [ BBCode Help | Weave AR/Ring Size Popup | Login Issues ]
Weave AR Search is back: Try it out!

Posted on Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:34 am

Daemon_Lotos wrote:
Master_Solotov wrote:
@Jax25

oops, my bad

-Chuck Palahnuik

Posted on Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:09 pm

That origami is amazing!

Other hobbies for me are gaming, reading, writing, webcomics, and arguing over the internet Coif LoL

Submissions: 266

Posted on Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:27 pm

That origami is impressive! Best I've done is paper airplanes.

Other hobbies?! What does that mean?

Seriously though, I guess I'll put video games for myself, although that's usually in spurts. Cycling. Hanging out in the M.A.I.L. chatroom is a hobby? I guess I now qualify for that one. On that note, Master_Solotov, I see that you popped in the other day. Smile

Tell a mailler what ring sizes to use and they'll weave for a day. Teach them AR and they'll weave forever.
Chainmailbasket.com (2013-11-23)
152 + 13

Submissions: 15

Posted on Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:41 pm

Mostly needlework and reading, with some occasional fishing thrown in.

Submissions: 11

Posted on Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:35 am

Master_Solotov wrote:
Daemon_Lotos wrote:
Master_Solotov wrote:
@Jax25

oops, my bad

Bwahaha! Don't feel too bad. It happens often...and in real life as well. People just see a 5'11" behemoth hovering near them and don't bother to look. Razz

Submissions: 32

Posted on Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:58 am

I enjoy hiking/camping, generally as an extension of my interest in historical recreation/interpretation. I also enjoy various sorts of fencing/swordplay... but mostly I like to make stuff - I've made a few knives, various bits of plate armor (including a full suit), random material goods for reenactors, metal sculpture, historical costuming (mostly 16th century German stuff), painting in various styles, I've dabbled in printmaking (5 semesters of printmaking in college) and am working towards setting up my own printmaking studio, also setting up a studio for stained glass work. I like to take pictures of wildlife and derelict buildings... anyone in need of an extra hobby? I have too many, don't feel like I can fit in my budding interest in taxidermy or building medieval-inspired furniture.

oh, I like video games too... play a lot of minecraft and skyrim. I've been wanting to try the mass effect games, but already splitting my time between too many other things.... same problem with getting my bicycle out to explore all these old logging roads in the woods by where I moved to a couple years ago.

Submissions: 243

Posted on Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:32 pm

I used to have other hobbies, little rings pretty much consume my every waking moment now.

http://www.mailletec.com

Y'know, that might just be crazy enough to work!

Submissions: 95

Posted on Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:26 pm || Last edited by Nárrína on Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

lorenzo wrote:
I used to have other hobbies, little rings pretty much consume my every waking moment now.

Lol, Lorenzo!! That looks like something I could write!

Well, jewelry used to be my hobby, except now it's my business. So same as Lorenzo, little rings pretty much consume most/all of my time as well, and when not little rings it's other techniques such as Steampunk, wire-work, etc.

Let's see, hobbies.......I love rockhounding, but that is now tied in with my business, I collect vintage/antique jewelry, but that is also now tied in with my business (design inspiration), I want to learn lapidary but that's not really going to be a hobby either. This seems to be the running theme with what used to be my hobbies.

So hobbies that are still hobbies: experimental digital photography, graphic design, sculpture, painting, music (singing; playing the flute, Irish flute (a.k.a the fife), tin whistle, and started to learn the bodhrán (really need to get back to that sometime)), I collect strange alphabets (not all of them 'real' languages, I have quite a few from Star Trek, various ones by Tolkien, and the D'ni alphabet from the Myst and Riven PC games Very Happy! I also have Cuneiform......as I said, strange alphabets), and reading. I would love to learn sword-smithing, stain glass making, and mosaics.

Insistence is futile.

We are the Quartz, lower your shovels and surrender your rocks. We will add your gemological and mineralogical distinctiveness to our own. You will adapt to service us. Resistance is rutile.

Deviant Art
Handmaden Designs LLC Facebook
Handmade Artists Shop
https://twitter.com/HandmadenDesign
http://pinterest.com/handmadendesign/
http://handmadendesigns.com

Posted on Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:52 pm

Just took up archery with my two daughters and love it!

Does sweeping up after my husky who sheds 13 months a year, count as a hobby? Smile

Submissions: 95

Posted on Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:01 pm

Asguardian wrote:
Does sweeping up after my husky who sheds 13 months a year, count as a hobby? Smile

LOL!!!! I know what you mean! I used to have a Siberian husky, and my family's joke was that he shed twice a year for two six month periods.

Insistence is futile.

We are the Quartz, lower your shovels and surrender your rocks. We will add your gemological and mineralogical distinctiveness to our own. You will adapt to service us. Resistance is rutile.

Deviant Art
Handmaden Designs LLC Facebook
Handmade Artists Shop
https://twitter.com/HandmadenDesign
http://pinterest.com/handmadendesign/
http://handmadendesigns.com

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 4. Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next