concerning, polls, decisions, and our position
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Admin Discussion

Submissions: 45

Posted on Thu Oct 16, 2003 7:28 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

[quote="Dragorlad"]Maybe it would be an idea to take a poll amoung ourselves first...[/quote]

I don't believe such an action is appropriate. MAIL (as I recall?) was meant to be run by its members, with the administration present to only handle the mundane tasks of taking care of the organization. Any large-scale change was always to be considered by the whole, not the part.

Submissions: 83

Posted on Thu Oct 16, 2003 11:30 pm

and besides, we'll all be able to cast our vote when the time is nessicary.
I'm going to go ahead and post the annoucement that an 'official' poll will be posted shortly, concerning the status of our adult gallery.

There are only 2 things in life that we can be assured of: Somethings will never stop changing, and some things will never change.

Submissions: 15

Posted on Fri Oct 17, 2003 11:43 am

i meant to see how many of us are for or against, to get an idea of what all of us are thinking first. before taking it to the public....didn't intend all that dark elietist crap...

but yeah, it is the membership's decision in the end.

Me, I vote for removal

(but have someone make a backup of all the files, incase people want them back ect.)

thousands of rings, sure chance of slip 'n jab, what are we watin' for?

Posted on Fri Oct 17, 2003 5:26 pm

there is one or 2 things we should tackle here if the decision is made to remove. (i don't I've seen any of the admins disagree as of yet)
Who controls the system enough to get rid of the adult gallery and discussion? Is it Blaise? or will we have to call in Woody? or dig mary up from her grave? Wink
What other aspects of 'adult' content do we have as a group? I belive there is an articles section dealing with this? anyone have any ideas?

There are only 2 things in life that we can be assured of: Somethings will never stop changing, and some things will never change.

Submissions: 45

Posted on Fri Oct 17, 2003 11:18 pm

Blaise probably has the best position for permanently removing the material. Although any of us could simply "delete" all the items.

I suggest somebody archive the data. That way somebody can host it somewhere other than MAIL if the need or desire arises.

There *is* an adult articles section. It has always been empty.

Posted on Sun Oct 26, 2003 9:21 pm

None fight so much as those who are very similar to one another.

I never have the time to catch these things when they are current. I only found out when Kim was nice enough to send me an email (not that I think anyone else should have, and indeed other people might have and I could have missed it. I'm just explaining why it is I had nothing to say when the issue was more current.)

Anyway... for what it's worth I guess I agree with the commonly voiced sentiment that we migh tas well get rid of it for pragmatic reasons if nothing else.

I would suggest that the best way to go about it would be to remove and evaluate all of the content that has been catagorized as "adult". I agree with a point I saw made in at least one place, namely that some of those pictures could reasonably be filtered into the regular sections (or modified and then put in). To the best of my ability to remember, there is nothing currently posted which could not have been posted in the general sections, if only it had been photographed differently. I suspect we can keep pretty much all the maille content (both what we have now and what we might have in the future) and simply get rid of the "adult" section per se. I think this may be primarily an issue of presentation.

Jump to:  
Page 2 of 2. Goto page Previous  1, 2