CafePress Design Contest!
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> League Business

Submissions: 0

Posted on Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:34 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

That Heavy Metal jacket is amazing!

Okay, I have very long hair also... wasn't that a membership requirement?

I do agree, an image of actual mail would be ideal for the design... could be worked into the design submitted above if designer is willing to make that modification...

Submissions: 3

Posted on Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:00 am

now, it was my understanding we were just coming up with different designs to add into the cafepress store, to generate money for the maintenance of the site. not designing a new logo for the site. in terms of a logo then the last 2 designs i posted, the crests, would defiantly not work. the reason i went with the crests though was mainly because right now crests seam to be the in thing with contemporary designs right now. so that's why i went with that ...

now as for a logo, yes in most cases it should incorporate the theme of the site/company as well. but one of the cases were sometimes that can not apply is were the name of the thing the logo is for is rather long. wich being our case. already we are handicapped with a long name. try to make it to interact and the message gets lost in the design.

now with that being said here is a logo idea ...

and here is another merchandise idea ...

Submissions: 106

Posted on Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:11 am

Dravin wrote:
now, it was my understanding we were just coming up with different designs to add into the cafepress store, to generate money for the maintenance of the site. not designing a new logo for the site. in terms of a logo then the last 2 designs i posted, the crests, would defiantly not work. the reason i went with the crests though was mainly because right now crests seam to be the in thing with contemporary designs right now. so that's why i went with that ...

now as for a logo, yes in most cases it should incorporate the theme of the site/company as well. but one of the cases were sometimes that can not apply is were the name of the thing the logo is for is rather long. wich being our case. already we are handicapped with a long name. try to make it to interact and the message gets lost in the design.

now with that being said here is a logo idea ...

Daemon_Lotos wrote:
Random note:

It would be nice to have a new MAIL Site logo to match the new merch... Jus' sayin...
Or am I the only one thinking this?

It was a suggestion from DL, nothing written in stone. Smile Don't let that stop you from submitting designs!

"I am a leaf on the wind." ~ Wash
Lorraine's Chains
Gallery Submission Guidelines

Submissions: 3

Posted on Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:29 am

Rognvald wrote:

I do agree, an image of actual mail would be ideal for the design... could be worked into the design submitted above if designer is willing to make that modification...

2 problems here ... from my understanding CShake wanted vector format images, not pixel images, so they do not lose detail when resizing. that is one of the reasons i have not used any "maile" per-say in the designs submitted so far.
that, and the mail i have made, and have photos of, would not really fit, or would i want on a tee shirt. I'm not saying i make bad maile ... its just that this is my hobby, i do not do this for profit, and i incorporate my beliefs, and my way of thinking into my maile and i know it would offend some people with it.
With copyright issues and what not, i can not just "take" some one elses picture of maile, to use in the designs. sure i could ask for permission and get a release to use some one else's photos. but honestly? that is just to much work, for the limited free time i have. and chances are if i did find the right pic and what not, the owner probably did not keep the "high quality" copy

Posted on Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:32 am

Dravin wrote:
Rognvald wrote:

2 problems here ... from my understanding CShake wanted vector format images, not pixel images, so they do not lose detail when resizing. that is one of the reasons i have not used any "maile" per-say in the designs submitted so far.
that, and the mail i have made, and have photos of, would not really fit, or would i want on a tee shirt. I'm not saying i make bad maile ... its just that this is my hobby, i do not do this for profit, and i incorporate my beliefs, and my way of thinking into my maile and i know it would offend some people with it.
With copyright issues and what not, i can not just "take" some one elses picture of maile, to use in the designs. sure i could ask for permission and get a release to use some one else's photos. but honestly? that is just to much work, for the limited free time i have. and chances are if i did find the right pic and what not, the owner probably did not keep the "high quality" copy

Dravin, I promise you, we all understand about real lives and giving what time and talent we can, when we can. Don't feel like you are obligated. We don't want that. Smile

Lorraine's Chains

Submissions: 28

Posted on Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:14 pm

Someone asked for chainmaille "MAIL"?

It has a ring count of 276, if I counted correctly.
I think I need to tweak it around a bit before a final version... but the concept for this one is there.

while(!project.isFinished())
project.addRing();
// Maille Code V2.0 T7.1 R5.6 Eo.n Fper MFe.s Wsm Caws G0.8-1.6 I2.4-8.0 Pn Dcdejst Xw1 S07

Posted on Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:25 pm

I LOVE that TrenchCoatGuy! I think you are right, the letter sizes need a little tweeking so that they all look about the same. And a period after each letter would be good, since MAIL is an acronym. Would it be too over the top to make the periods out of maille too... maybe make them out of little mobius balls©? Very Happy

Lorraine's Chains

Submissions: 16

Posted on Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:19 am

Dravin wrote:
[snip] ... from my understanding CShake wanted vector format images, not pixel images, so they do not lose detail when resizing. that is one of the reasons i have not used any "maile" per-say in the designs submitted so far. [snip]

While this is true, as I said before the final uploaded image will be 2000x2000px or smaller .png, depending on the item. For people making something from scratch digitally, vector is the best, but don't let that stop you from using a real picture - if it really becomes a quality issue I have no issues with tracing the bitmap in illustrator (unless it's really complicated).

Maille Code V2.0 T5.9 R5.1 En.o Fcir MFe.s Wgm$ Cab$w G0.2-2.0 I1.2-14.1 N(many).~25 Pdjs Dacdejst Xg(many)t1w5 S03
deviantArt

Posted on Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:03 pm

I like the Idea TrenchCotGuy ^^ small input; It could be a nice insider to put a sample of every family in it - for example M out of persian, A out of Japanese, I out of European, L out of Magus and the dots mobius.

Submissions: 11

Posted on Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:20 pm

lorraine wrote:
Would it be too over the top to make the periods out of maille too... maybe make them out of little mobius balls©©? Very Happy

This just shows that great minds think alike because as I was looking at the design, I was thinking "Where are the mobius ball© periods???" Razz

Submissions: 11

Posted on Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:24 pm

TrenchCoatGuy wrote:
Someone asked for chainmaille "MAIL"?

It has a ring count of 276, if I counted correctly.
I think I need to tweak it around a bit before a final version... but the concept for this one is there.

I think your drafting program needs to work on its closures. Coif LoL Very Happy Laughing

Posted on Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:59 pm

Perhaps the switch to Daisy Chain 0 for I (magus) and although Helm Chain is under euro perhaps Captive Inverted Round for the L.

Jax25 wrote:
I think your drafting program needs to work on its closures.

It gives it character! (Yes I forgot to switch off "lines" for viewing.)

Oh and the mobius balls© are done, and will be mostly unrecognizable due to their tiny size in relation to the other letters. Only the people who like 24+ gauges will appreciate the work.

To avoid image clutter in this thread, more progress can be seen here. I think I might switch back to orthographic view... gives a bit more clean cut edges.

project.addRing();
// Maille Code V2.0 T7.1 R5.6 Eo.n Fper MFe.s Wsm Caws G0.8-1.6 I2.4-8.0 Pn Dcdejst Xw1 S07

Posted on Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:34 pm

Like the dots Smile
Helmchain is euro? I always thought it has only japanese connections.

Posted on Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:01 pm

Kleriker wrote:
Like the dots Smile
Helmchain is euro? I always thought it has only japanese connections.

I'm not sure why it has a european tag, but it should definitely have an orbital tag. I'm guessing the helm tag is supposed to take care of that, but Helm Chain is, in my opinion, the poster child for an orbital weave.

Lorraine's Chains

Posted on Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:47 am

Ok, the last of my renders. I think I shall let any other ideas on this go to the other renderers out there.

This one's native size is at 9151x2211px... larger than any final requirement so that there is no loss of quality.

Weaves are:
M: Full Persian 6 in 1 (Persian)
A: Japanese 12 in 2 (Japanese)
I: Daisy Chain 0 (Mage)
L: Captive Inverted Round 2 (Europeon)
. : mobius ball© (Mobius)
Material is... erm... generic white-colored metal.
And I'm not going through the ring sizes... That's what the library is for.

project.addRing();

Jump to:  
Page 3 of 6. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next