CafePress Design Contest!
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> League Business

Submissions: 36

Posted on Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:26 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

Jax25 wrote:
I quite like the bottom one. It would make a great shirt front logo, imho.

I agree I like the bottom one as well, but see it more as a logo for the back of the shirt. and than the first one being a front badge size logo.

Once you stop learning, you stop living, so...
Ask questions.
Try new things.
Share what you know.

MailleCode V2.0 T5.3 R4.4 E0.0 Feur MFe.sBr Wg Cwb G.7-5.1 I3.1-11 N20.5 Pj Dcdjt Xa1w2 S08

Submissions: 0

Posted on Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:00 pm

MM, not so long ago, I would have agreed with you, but it seems lately that T-shirts are displaying the very large images on the front. Now that I am getting used to seeing that, I kind of like it. But either way would work!

And yes, a matching M.A.I.L. site logo to match (or co-ordinate) would be a good idea.

Submissions: 16

Posted on Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:12 pm

I don't really like it when the logo is on the backside.... mostly because I have really long hair and it would make the logo kinda disappear ^^

Love the second Logo, what font is that?

The first one would be great for a bumper sticker, too.

And last bot not least; I think the third would be great for mugs/mousepads

Submissions: 11

Posted on Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:48 pm

MusicMan wrote:
Jax25 wrote:

I agree I like the bottom one as well, but see it more as a logo for the back of the shirt. and than the first one being a front badge size logo.

Well, I was envisioning it on the front and something maybe textual on the back....

Submissions: 16

Posted on Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:10 pm

Jax25 wrote:
MusicMan wrote:
Jax25 wrote:

Well, I was envisioning it on the front and something maybe textual on the back....

How about the url? ^^

Submissions: 36

Posted on Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:06 pm

Kleriker wrote:
I don't really like it when the logo is on the backside.... mostly because I have really long hair and it would make the logo kinda disappear ^^

I can understand your point. Not having long hair I never would have thought of that.

Rognvald - I guess I am still in the dark ages.... so what is new?

Once you stop learning, you stop living, so...
Ask questions.
Try new things.
Share what you know.

MailleCode V2.0 T5.3 R4.4 E0.0 Feur MFe.sBr Wg Cwb G.7-5.1 I3.1-11 N20.5 Pj Dcdjt Xa1w2 S08

Submissions: 150

Posted on Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:31 pm

There's another argument for placing content on the front side of shirts and not on the back: Some people tend to wear jackets, but not necessarily buttoned-up (and btw: I've also long hair, worn as ponytail)...

Besides that: What has a bird-like crest do do with MAIL/maille? It looks fine, sure, but I cannot connect/identify it with mailleartisans. So the text-only one would get my vote if I had to decide what I'd purchase.

-ZiLi-

Maille Code V2.0 T7.1 R5.6 Ep Fper Mfe.s Ws$ Cpbsw$ G0.3-6.4 I1.0-30.0 N28.25 Pj Dacdejst Xagtw S08 Hi

Human societies are like chain mail.
A single link will be worth nothing.
A chain is of use, but will break at the weakest link.
A weak weave will have the need to replace weak links.
A strong weave will survive even with weak links included.
-'me

Posted on Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:52 pm

Does a bird-like crest have to have something to do with MAIL? Can it not look cool for the sake of looking cool? I thought the idea was to have something cool that people would want to buy. Just my two farthings, of course.

Submissions: 106

Posted on Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:28 pm

To be honest, I was thinking more along the lines of a logo/design that actually looks like chainmaille, at least for the majority of it. Maybe it's just me?

"I am a leaf on the wind." ~ Wash
Lorraine's Chains
Gallery Submission Guidelines

Submissions: 150

Posted on Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:31 pm

Jax: I guess your opinion is as valid as mine - you know that opinions are like $$$holes - everbody has one. And mine is, that a logo should have some recognizable connection to a community, if the community member shall be identifiable by seeing the logo even outside of text reading range. See that crests and blazoning color schemes (heraldics) had just that purpose in an age when only a few people could read at all - identification.

Maybe a fivelet, with the four letters MAIL in the four 'cloverleafs' could resemble such a logo - I didn't test that yet.

-ZiLi-

Maille Code V2.0 T7.1 R5.6 Ep Fper Mfe.s Ws$ Cpbsw$ G0.3-6.4 I1.0-30.0 N28.25 Pj Dacdejst Xagtw S08 Hi

Human societies are like chain mail.
A single link will be worth nothing.
A chain is of use, but will break at the weakest link.
A weak weave will have the need to replace weak links.
A strong weave will survive even with weak links included.
-'me

Posted on Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:53 pm

I guess I just don't require as much from my logos. Razz You could always something mail-related inside the shield...

Oh but, edited to add, I thought the fact that the words MAIL and Maille Artisans International League were a part of the logo was a pretty dead giveaway that the person wearing it was a MAIL member.

Posted on Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:58 pm

Jax25 wrote:
I guess I just don't require as much from my logos. Razz You could always something mail-related inside the shield...

Oh but, edited to add, I thought the fact that the words MAIL and Maille Artisans International League were a part of the logo was a pretty dead giveaway that the person wearing it was a MAIL member.

Well yes, but not very many people actually know what maille or M.A.I.L. is, so I was hoping for a design that had actual maille in it.

Lorraine's Chains

Posted on Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:20 am

lorraine wrote:
Well yes, but not very many people actually know what maille or M.A.I.L. is, so I was hoping for a design that had actual maille in it.

Hehe, well, they're still not going to know, even if it does...but I do see your side to it as well. Now if we're dreaming, what would be awesome was that it could have actual, actual maille in it. Smile

Submissions: 33

Posted on Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:23 am

sakredchao wrote:
the last 2 make me want to triforce, but i can't. Wink
ROFL!!! Laughing

Posted on Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:08 am

Jax25 wrote:
lorraine wrote:

Hehe, well, they're still not going to know, even if it does...but I do see your side to it as well. Now if we're dreaming, what would be awesome was that it could have actual, actual maille in it. Smile

OOH! Someone has done that before. I remember a t-shirt in Gallery discussion with a maille patch on the front. And there is David Austin's AWESOME heavy metal jacket. http://www.mailleartisans.org/gallery/gallerydisplay.php?key=6471
http://www.mailleartisans.org/gallery/gallerydisplay.php?key=6472

Lorraine's Chains

Jump to:  
Page 2 of 6. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next