WANT TO BUY or TRADE: Silver Scrap to Silver Wire
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Trading Room

Submissions: 20

WANT TO BUY or TRADE: Silver Scrap to Silver Wire
Posted on Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:25 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

I have about 8 to 10 ounces of sterling silver scrap, which I want to make into silver wire, however I don't have a rolling mill. I am looking for someone who has a rolling mill, and equipment for ingot casting, to turn my scrap into wire. I can draw and anneal the wire myself below 2.8 mm, but I need help with casting, rolling, and getting it down to a manageable size.

Ideally, I'd like to find someone in Southern California who can walk me through the process (with my material). I would also consider sending the scrap to someone and they send back the wire, if I can find a reliable person.

Obviously, you should get something out of this too. I am reasonable person, and open to suggestions on compensation. I would prefer to trade, but cash is possible too depending on the amount.

I do not want to sell this scrap silver for salvage below market price. I want to make wire to craft more chainmaille jewelry for the holidays.

Can you help me? Cutters

Submissions: 20

Posted on Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:14 am

Don't Forget Imperial Smelting.

While they may be down the street from me... Literally... They're a world leader, and they handle US Customers WITH CARE, and handle ALL THE PAPERWORK

http://www.imperialproducts.com/refining_assay_service.aspx

Useful Links
Site Help: [ BBCode Help | Weave AR/Ring Size Popup | Login Issues ]
Weave AR Search is back: Try it out!

Submissions: 0

Posted on Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:43 pm

Ideally you want to cast it into a wire ingot, and then draw it down to size from there.

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1