Title Bar Sublinks--Some Different
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> M.A.I.L. Help

Submissions: 1

Title Bar Sublinks--Some Different
Posted on Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:23 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

So, the title of this is misleading, but I couldn't figure out a concise way to state this.

The title bar, with the Home/User Panel/Library links, each has a drop down menu of "sublinks". The "Library" drop down menu includes Weaves, Articles, etc. which all have their own drop-down menu of links (subsublinks? anyway). Recently, the Weaves drop-down changed from a list of 'family' names like European, Japanese, etc. to new catagories including Family, Structure, etc.

The problem I noticed is not the change; the problem is that when I'm reading an article or looking at search results, the Weaves drop-down still lists the old family names, not the new categories. Everywhere else on the site that I checked seemed fine/categories appeared as expected, including when looking at gallery images, the forum, the home page, and looking at specific weave pages.

Is this just me noticing this, or some weird version of the site cached that I haven't cleared, or did the drop-down not change for all parts of the site? I'm currently using IE8 on a Windows XP. I've cleared all my cookies and cache though, so I can't figure out what's going on. Confused Help?

Submissions: 79

Posted on Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:47 am

good eye. i have the same. sometimes this happens in an area where our coder is busy updating from 2.5 to 3.0. don't worry, 3.0 will fix everything.

either way, thanks for posting. i'm sure that the appropriate person will see this.

PSA: remember to stretch.
3.o is fixing everything.

Submissions: 20

Posted on Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:53 pm

These are not the sub-menus that you are looking for. *Jedi hand wave*

Seriously though... My bad.

To sum up: There exist three versions of the "Header"...
- The Main Site (3.0)
- The Forums (phpBB)
- The Old Site (2.5)

Each controlled from a different script or template. A change I make in one location, does not automatically get made in another.
In this situation, I apparently got sidetracked and missed a section (2.5)...
Soon as I get to a PC I'll look into this, thanks for catching it!

Useful Links
Site Help: [ BBCode Help | Weave AR/Ring Size Popup | Login Issues ]
Weave AR Search is back: Try it out!

Submissions: 1

Posted on Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:58 am

Just went and checked, and all the sub-menus in all locations of the header match up. Yay! I'm glad I could help Coif Smiley

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1