WTS..youre consigned or cataloged items
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Trading Room

Submissions: 0

WTS..youre consigned or cataloged items
Posted on Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:53 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

Hello all, I joined the site primarily to research the requests of customers for quality Maille and Jewelry. To my astonishment you are all REALY talented folks! I have since takin up the hobby as well, and I would like to offer you an oppertunity to sell your products through my store in Maryland. We sell alot of other period items, weapons, decore, novelty things, and customers ask CONSTANTLY about maille. We also frequent Flee markets and craft sales, and renaissance festivals through PA, MD,and WV. This is my FULL time gig, We can make ANY arraingement you think reasonable, for me to offer YOUR work WITH YOUR NAME on them to my customers. If interested, email me at gregpetersen74@gmail.com and we can discuss options. Looking forward to working with you!!

You cannot change the past, merely the instance in which it occures.....

Submissions: 79

Posted on Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:01 pm

greg peterson, welcome to MAIL. i'm sure that you will find at least one or two folks interested in getting this kind of exposure, it could be a great symbiosis.

members, if you're just getting started trying to sell, this is going to look appealing. get receipts. get terms in writing. fax signatures, if possible.. and don't start off too big, don't send too much value of stock at once unless you live near or know this fellow personally.. that is my experience dealing with unknowns from the internet or anywhere.. develop your business relationship, don't just jump in with both feet,. test the waters.

this is nothing against you, greg. you're probably a great guy and i think it's great you came here looking for information and left with a hobby. we have a few folks around who are interested in making money off of the craft but unsure how to go about it. you sound like a good contact, but this is also your first post, so i thought i'd give the common sense warning to the eager entrepreneurs.

maybe this is an article we need.. anyway, thanks for posting, greg.

PSA: remember to stretch.
3.o is fixing everything.

Posted on Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:38 pm

No worries, what you have said is EXCELENT advice for the folks here. We are having a sales contract made up, and for anything consigned, we dont need the product, simply some photos, information and the piece would be paid for IN FULL prior to the owner sending us the peice. Some things we will purchase outright and sell IN YOUR NAME, with whatever ad, logo, or details you want it sold as. I will be getting some pics of our location and some of the other products we offer and will link them via photobucket, within the next few days. We have mostly hand made products from SEVERAL vendors, and we attend several trade shows, craft fairs, and Renaissance festivals as well. We can help represent your work to more buyers and area and we all know internet sales are great but to be able to see and touch some of the products makes for an easier sale.
I am currently working with a couple other artists to purchase outright some various maille peices, and maille jewelry for us to have on hand for display purposes as well, I beleive anyone who would like to help us help you will be EXTREMELY happy and we will develope a great relationship!!

revise
Posted on Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:07 pm

After reading some article of the troubles some of you have had with people/stores, I would like to clarify something.
I am NOT asking you to send me things to consign in the store without payment. What I intend to do is BUY pieces from you, have a catalog of your work (if you wish) base on info and photos you send me, and be able to simply order from you. I am willing to prepay all orders, thereby removing your FINANCIAL liability and concerns, yet ask how do I insure you'll make what was ordered and do so in a timely manor. All things to be considered from either side, and of course none of you are MASS producers, hence HAND MADE....
I am sure there is a happy medium somewhere, and we can help each other. Just know, as I stated before, anything I get from you WILL BE PREPAID by whatever means you like, C.C., PayPal, (which is AWSOME) or if your not to far, CASH (everybodys favorite!!) and I am sure, the faith I take will be well granted well as you seam to have a GREAT comunity here!

Posted on Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:39 pm

This sounds really appealing to me but I am at work and I have to discuss it with my business partner (My Fiancee'). What exactly are you working on we mainly do jewelry and accessories like guitar straps. That reminds me I need to post pics of the guitar strap I just finished on commission.

Submissions: 79

Posted on Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:28 pm

thank you for your clarifications, sansa. it is true that maille is becoming more known and more popular. there is definitely business to be done out there. i just want to encourage our members to be safe.

i hope it works out for everyone involved, including yourself.

PSA: remember to stretch.
3.o is fixing everything.

Posted on Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:44 pm

Email sent, Sansa. I'm interested in this. I've been looking to turn my talents toward a semi-professional career, and this may give me the opportunity I've been looking for.

Have a look at the mail and ask any questions you like. I'm happy to accommodate.

"What a man can be, he must be." ~Abraham Maslow

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1