Gallery Submits/Edits are Back!
View previous topic | View next topic >
Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Gallery Discussion
   
Author Message

Joined: August 30, 2008
Posts: 2848
Submissions: 20
Location: Cambridge, ON, Canada

Gallery Submits/Edits are Back!
Reply with quote
Posted on Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:40 am || Last edited by Daemon_Lotos on Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Link to Post: Link to Post

Alright folks, the Gallery is back in working order, and now part of MAIL 3.0

A few changes have gone on behind the scenes, and things are a little bit different now Smile
You may have already noticed the new display format, alongside the tagging system... There's more coming, and everything's not complete... But you can submit and edit existing submissions.

There will be a small delay between submissions and approvals right now, as the queue is currently inaccessible to the Admins (that script is still in the works...) But it shouldn't take more than a few days to clear that up.
EDIT: The Gallery Queue is now up and running, edits and new submissions should start to roll out soon.

Major changes:
- BBCode is mandatory... No more HTML in Submissions.
- Gallery items now have a title, all existing images are named 'Untitled' but you can edit this.
- No longer do you need to select a category when submitting an image, instead it will be tagged by an admin after submission.
- Please remember to follow the Gallery Submission Guidelines when submitting. Include as much information as possible, this will help the admins when tagging your image.


Any issues? Bugs? Etc, please report here!


Useful Links
Site Help: [ BBCode Help | Weave AR/Ring Size Popup | Login Issues ]
Weave AR Search is back: Try it out!

Joined: April 23, 2011
Posts: 22
Submissions: 14
Location: Hattersheim, Germany

Reply with quote
Posted on Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:33 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

I just edited some of the titles and I didn't get an error message so I think it worked but when I try to submit a gallery picture I still get the 404 error message Crying (very sad)

Joined: March 3, 2002
Posts: 4373
Submissions: 79
Location: tres piedras, new mexico

Reply with quote
Posted on Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:17 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

do admin edits go through auto, or are they put in the queue like weaves?

i may go in and improve my submissions one of these days.

tagging.. we have a massive gallery.. how will the old images get tagged? i'd be happy to tag my own, but the membership at large may not have that option...


PSA: remember to stretch.
3.o is fixing everything.

Joined: August 25, 2010
Posts: 167
Submissions: 0

Reply with quote
Posted on Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:44 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

I am noticing the main page is shifted down about a full page worth. This could be things with my browser but it has sat like that for a few days now.

Joined: August 30, 2008
Posts: 2848
Submissions: 20
Location: Cambridge, ON, Canada

Reply with quote
Posted on Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:19 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

elkchen99 wrote:
I just edited some of the titles and I didn't get an error message so I think it worked but when I try to submit a gallery picture I still get the 404 error message Crying (very sad)


From what page did you try to reach the 'Submit' script?
It's probably pointing to the old CGI script, I thought I caught all references, but...


Useful Links
Site Help: [ BBCode Help | Weave AR/Ring Size Popup | Login Issues ]
Weave AR Search is back: Try it out!

Joined: August 30, 2008
Posts: 2848
Submissions: 20
Location: Cambridge, ON, Canada

Reply with quote
Posted on Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:21 pm || Last edited by Daemon_Lotos on Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Link to Post: Link to Post

sakredchao wrote:
do admin edits go through auto, or are they put in the queue like weaves?

i may go in and improve my submissions one of these days.

tagging.. we have a massive gallery.. how will the old images get tagged? i'd be happy to tag my own, but the membership at large may not have that option...


Admin Edits get queued.

Old images were partially tagged in a 'conversion' script, with some tags tossed at them based on what category they were in.
All tags on images are editable by Admins.
*looks at the Gallery Admins*
Someone has their work cut out for them! Very Happy


Useful Links
Site Help: [ BBCode Help | Weave AR/Ring Size Popup | Login Issues ]
Weave AR Search is back: Try it out!

Joined: August 30, 2008
Posts: 2848
Submissions: 20
Location: Cambridge, ON, Canada

Reply with quote
Posted on Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:22 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

ChainedReaction wrote:
I am noticing the main page is shifted down about a full page worth. This could be things with my browser but it has sat like that for a few days now.


This is semi-related to the new change... And not good.
You and I need to talk.
About several things.

1: What browser are you using?
1A: If it's not IE, are you running a NoJS add-on?
1B: If 1A=True turn it off, and run bare browser, does the problem go away?
2: Can you email me a screenshot? development@mailleartisans.org
3: Can you be online at any point tomorrow (Tuesday) afternoon, in case I'm unable to replicate this to help me fix it?


Useful Links
Site Help: [ BBCode Help | Weave AR/Ring Size Popup | Login Issues ]
Weave AR Search is back: Try it out!

Joined: May 15, 2010
Posts: 120
Submissions: 3

Reply with quote
Posted on Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:21 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

It appears that http://www.mailleartisans.org/gallery/gallerylist.php?tags=New has ceased to exist, but there are still links to it all through the gallery.

EDIT: the link on the Home page works, but from anywhere inside the gallery, the link is broken. It looks like it's still linking to the new posts page from the old gallery, which no longer exists. The links should be going to http://www.mailleartisans.org/gallery/subcat.cgi?key=new



Joined: April 23, 2011
Posts: 22
Submissions: 14
Location: Hattersheim, Germany

Reply with quote
Posted on Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:31 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

Daemon_Lotos wrote:
elkchen99 wrote:
I just edited some of the titles and I didn't get an error message so I think it worked but when I try to submit a gallery picture I still get the 404 error message Crying (very sad)


From what page did you try to reach the 'Submit' script?
It's probably pointing to the old CGI script, I thought I caught all references, but...


I went through library - submit to MAIL - gallery image
... and I have good news: I just tried it once more and it's working now Very Happy

Joined: August 30, 2008
Posts: 2848
Submissions: 20
Location: Cambridge, ON, Canada

Reply with quote
Posted on Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:20 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

drahcus wrote:
It appears that http://www.mailleartisans.org/gallery/gallerylist.php?tags=New has ceased to exist, but there are still links to it all through the gallery.

EDIT: the link on the Home page works, but from anywhere inside the gallery, the link is broken. It looks like it's still linking to the new posts page from the old gallery, which no longer exists. The links should be going to http://www.mailleartisans.org/gallery/subcat.cgi?key=new


Not quite correct, and my apologies.
subcat.cgi is the OLD script.
The gallerylist.php script is not yet ready. This is the 'Search by Tags' script, and will be released as soona s possible.
(This is part of the reason that there's is still the red warning at the top of the Gallery about "Beta" and possible problems.) Coif LoL

The link from the Home Page still references the OLD list (and thus the old DB)

This is next on my list Smile


Useful Links
Site Help: [ BBCode Help | Weave AR/Ring Size Popup | Login Issues ]
Weave AR Search is back: Try it out!

Joined: August 25, 2010
Posts: 167
Submissions: 0

Reply with quote
Posted on Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:23 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

Daemon_Lotos wrote:
ChainedReaction wrote:
I am noticing the main page is shifted down about a full page worth. This could be things with my browser but it has sat like that for a few days now.


This is semi-related to the new change... And not good.
You and I need to talk.
About several things.

1: What browser are you using?
1A: If it's not IE, are you running a NoJS add-on?
1B: If 1A=True turn it off, and run bare browser, does the problem go away?
2: Can you email me a screenshot? development@mailleartisans.org
3: Can you be online at any point tomorrow (Tuesday) afternoon, in case I'm unable to replicate this to help me fix it?


I am using Safari current version in Snow Leopard on a Macbook Pro Laptop (about 6 years old). Not running any addons. The screen shot would literally be a black screen in the browser. its as though it has doubled its height. However my 27" Imac running the same settings is doing just fine and has no issues. So I think it is computer related.

Joined: August 30, 2008
Posts: 2848
Submissions: 20
Location: Cambridge, ON, Canada

Reply with quote
Posted on Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:58 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

ChainedReaction wrote:
Mac


*puts on his best Mechanic voice*
Well that's your problem right there, you got one of them there Apple things...

...

Seriously though, the fact that there's a big black box at the top of the screen, as I said, is slightly related to a recent code change... It shouldn't be rendering like that, however.
In fact, it should be invisible.
It's also odd the two identical (are you sure they're identical versions/subversions/ etc) versions are doing different things though.

I'd really love to chat with you in real time regarding this to see what's causing it.


Useful Links
Site Help: [ BBCode Help | Weave AR/Ring Size Popup | Login Issues ]
Weave AR Search is back: Try it out!

Joined: August 30, 2008
Posts: 2848
Submissions: 20
Location: Cambridge, ON, Canada

Reply with quote
Posted on Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:26 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

elkchen99 wrote:
Daemon_Lotos wrote:
elkchen99 wrote:
I just edited some of the titles and I didn't get an error message so I think it worked but when I try to submit a gallery picture I still get the 404 error message Crying (very sad)


From what page did you try to reach the 'Submit' script?
It's probably pointing to the old CGI script, I thought I caught all references, but...


I went through library - submit to MAIL - gallery image
... and I have good news: I just tried it once more and it's working now Very Happy


Aha! Sounds like a cache problem.
Glad it's working now Very Happy


Useful Links
Site Help: [ BBCode Help | Weave AR/Ring Size Popup | Login Issues ]
Weave AR Search is back: Try it out!

Joined: August 25, 2010
Posts: 167
Submissions: 0

Reply with quote
Posted on Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:52 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

Daemon_Lotos wrote:
ChainedReaction wrote:
Mac


*puts on his best Mechanic voice*
Well that's your problem right there, you got one of them there Apple things...

...

Seriously though, the fact that there's a big black box at the top of the screen, as I said, is slightly related to a recent code change... It shouldn't be rendering like that, however.
In fact, it should be invisible.
It's also odd the two identical (are you sure they're identical versions/subversions/ etc) versions are doing different things though.

I'd really love to chat with you in real time regarding this to see what's causing it.


Well I now wonder if it is the network at work that is causing it as I decided to bring my laptop home for a night and checked it while at home. Everything works just fine.

Both Safari's are Version 5.0.5 (6533.21.1)

So how would a different network infrastructure cause this?

Joined: August 30, 2008
Posts: 2848
Submissions: 20
Location: Cambridge, ON, Canada

Reply with quote
Posted on Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:18 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

ChainedReaction wrote:
So how would a different network infrastructure cause this?


...
It wouldn't.

In short...

*scratches his head*

Try it again at work? With a different browser?


Useful Links
Site Help: [ BBCode Help | Weave AR/Ring Size Popup | Login Issues ]
Weave AR Search is back: Try it out!

Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
Page 1 of 4. Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
All times are GMT. The time now is Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:29 pm
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Gallery Discussion
Display posts from previous: