Shipping costs TRL ( to germany )
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Knitting Circle

Submissions: 0

Shipping costs TRL ( to germany )
Posted on Sun May 22, 2011 11:46 am || Last edited by Zerwas on Mon May 23, 2011 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Link to Post: Link to Post

Hi folks,

surely some of the germans here allready ordered from TRL.

I m going to place an order but shipping is quite high.

For 12 lbs its 144 dollars shipping. I have allready ordered from other suppliers and the ammount announced in the order form was allways incorrect in the end.

Can anybody tell me how high the true shipping to germany was at your order or was the pradvice accurate ?

( Im asking here because i hope to place the order today so i fear to get no reply from TRL Smile

Posted on Sun May 22, 2011 12:23 pm

Hi Zerwas!!!

144 $ for 6 kg is okay!!! The problem is, that you can get cheaper shipping costs, but the delivery is really too long. I've ordered for cheaper shipping in USA (not TRL) and the package needs 5 weeks!!!

My last order at TRL was 1 pound and I paid 19 $ for shipping... The package was in germany in 8 or 9 days

Greetings from Braunschweig

Regine

Greetings from Brunswick (Germany)

Submissions: 14

Posted on Sun May 22, 2011 1:21 pm

Hi Zerwas,

at TRL they tell you the true shipping costs and not the estimated costs so the 144 dollars is what you will have to pay.

Tip: play around a little bit with the weight of your order. You might find out, that you can save 10 $ of shipping costs by reducing your order a little bit. Or - the other way around - you can order a lot more with the same costs.

Posted on Sun May 22, 2011 5:37 pm

thx for the fast replys!

hoped there would be some flatrate shipping that is not mentioned in their booking hmm to bad

Posted on Sun May 22, 2011 11:36 pm

Order from a USA supplier then. A flat rate box from the post office holds 20lbs of stuff, and only costs $45 to ship internationally.

Posted on Mon May 23, 2011 6:04 am

Yes, TRL/Canada is really that much Surprised and UPS have put their prices up a lot in the last year too Evil or Very Mad

Ordering 4.10lbs or a lil less will get you Small Packet - Air which is more reasonable for orders of around that size.

I'm always wondering whether to save on shipping by ordering ground, but it really does take nearly 12 weeks, at least for me, and that's a waste of money upfront when I need the stuff now Rolling Eyes

I try to order from the US wherever I can (like C&T Designs) because of the USPS flat rate shipping, am REALLY annoyed because I had to cancel a small order with Rio Grande because they wouldn't offer flat rate Mad $49 instead of $14 shipping, no thanks! Consider your international customers, you even have an "international customer service division"! /rant

I'm so glad the Australian dollar is strong right now. I couldn't order from TRL for several years as the prices, including shipping, just choked me.

Submissions: 17

Posted on Mon May 23, 2011 7:51 am

Yeah Aussie dollar at the moment is awesome.

I recently got a big order (36pounds) from TRL as I had the customer paying the shipping.

They wanted a shirt absolutely ASAP so bought rings it was.

I added a shirts worth of small scales to the order and the shipping went up a bit but not too much as the weight was already high.

Plus my addition upped the discount but I still charged the customer the normal price which effectively doubled the discount for me. SCORE!!

Submissions: 149

Posted on Mon May 23, 2011 9:06 am

I agree that TRL's shipping prices are reasonable and their shipping rate precalculation is relatively precise as it's done be weight, throughout the shop. And they DO offer options to chose from, unlike some other maille/jewellery product vendors. But even I tend to fiddle around with my orders, to stay inside the 'quasi-flatrate' small packet air weight range whenever possible, as surface shipping is just too slow, and UPS prohibitively expensive, except it's really an urgent affair or you have someone paying the shipping bill.

In fact the most annoyance here (in Germany) is the time a package needs to reach you - being used to have packages of every thinkable shipping method reach the receiver world-wide in less than a week (inside Europe max. three business days), I really don't know what US/CA shippers do wrong.

More annoying than US/CA shipping are only German customs, that seem to like holding some packages until they grow mold, before even notifying me that a packet is there to be picked up.

-ZiLi-

Maille Code V2.0 T7.1 R5.6 Ep Fper MAl Ws$ Cpbsw$ G0.3-6.4 I1.0-30.0 N28.25 Ps Dacdejst Xagtw S08 Hip

Human societies are like chain mail.
A single link will be worth nothing.
A chain is of use, but will break at the weakest link.
A weak weave will have the need to replace weak links.
A strong weave will survive even with weak links included.
-'me

Posted on Mon May 23, 2011 10:11 am

lol thats just too crazy.

TRL is that much cheaper that it makes no difference to order from another supplier and save shipping costs.

Anyways i checked canadian posts internet and its just amazing how expencive their service is.

God i love europe Wink

To bad that my plans are crossed now just because of the shipping price.

Posted on Mon May 23, 2011 11:17 am

It sounds like you have three options.
One find some one in the states to reship the package.
This can actualy work if you have someone reliable thats also ordering materials.
Two find a US supplier with the cheaper flat rate boxes.
If your on base or associated with any of the US goverment groups you might look into APO/FPO delivery. I ship a little bit to military familys out of romstine at very reasonable prices from the USA.
There may still be custom charges that can add a lot to your order.

Submissions: 11

Posted on Mon May 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Sadly enough, even though our shipping costs are a lot lower, it still takes a couple weeks to get between Canada and the US (unless, perhaps, you live near the border. I never have). It's pretty ridiculous actually. I'd be willing to combine orders with people and send them out in a flat rate box but I don't think they'd save a lot on time in the end.

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1