Know a good way of expanding half persian 3 sheet 6?
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Weaves Discussion

Submissions: 389

Posted on Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:45 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

Does anyone know how to expand/contract half persian 3 sheet 6? I've never seen it done and I'm beginning to wonder if it can be done.

Submissions: 20

Re: Know a good way of expanding half persian 3 sheet 6?
Posted on Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:10 am

mithrilweaver wrote:
Does anyone know how to expand/contract half persian 3 sheet 6? I've never seen it done and I'm beginning to wonder if it can be done.

Yes it can.

It's not easy, mind you, and can only be done 'properly' at a seam, not an in-row method like Euro... Basically stare at a sheet of it, and the method should jump out at you...

Since the person who (as far as I am aware) pioneered this method has expressed reluctance in the past to share the exact details, I won't divulge... But if I figured it out for myself by staring at the weave, you can too! (We've since compared notes and images, and successfully developed the same method, independantly of each other.)

Submissions: 83

Posted on Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:05 pm

It's strange, I really feel like I have seen a tutorial on this subject, somewhere. Naturally I can not find anything on it now.

I do have a suggestion about how to expand this weave in at least one direction. Imagine you had 5 HP 3-1 in chains that you weave together into a sheet. To expand that sheet to 6 chains just leave two of your initial five chains incompletely connected. You place your new chain between these two then weave it in.

To contract in that direction, remove part of one chain, and attach the sheet together over the gap.

Submissions: 74

Posted on Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:58 am

i made a tut for this a few years ago. never posted to MAIL thou. i can dgd it up again or remake a new one and get it up here.

maille Code V2.0 T8.3 R6.4 Ep.f Fper Mfe.s Wsg$ Cpw$ G0.25-2.5 I0.5-30 N31.31 Pa Dacdjw Xa27g37w1 S94

Submissions: 389

Posted on Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:07 am

it would be great to have a tutorial. new or old is okay with me. thanks a lot.

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1