seat covers
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Knitting Circle

Submissions: 3

seat covers
Posted on Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:55 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

has anyone ever made seat covers for there car? or would that not be practical? (depending on the material)

Gallery Discussion Forum: For posting maille related pictures and specific discussion on submissions into the 'Gallery' section of M.A.I.L.- Lorraine

-42-the meaning of life, the universe, and everything

Submissions: 74

Posted on Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:49 pm

ya i've made them b4. nothing specail thou just some euro 6in1. they were comfertable. but you do have to be carfull of the occupants if you don't weld the rings. or if it gets bunched or somthing like that as well you may tare a ring. thou that would be rare. took a car crash to mess mine up. and then only 4-5 rings were damaged.

what type of information are you looking for in makeing them?

maille Code V2.0 T8.3 R6.4 Ep.f Fper Mfe.s Wsg$ Cpw$ G0.25-2.5 I0.5-30 N31.31 Pa Dacdjw Xa27g37w1 S94

Submissions: 3

Posted on Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:17 pm

not much was just seeing if it has been done. mabey see a couple of pictures

-42-the meaning of life, the universe, and everything

Submissions: 0

Posted on Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:42 pm

Oh man. The first thing I thought of was how insanely HOT that would be when you first sat down. But that might just be a Florida thing. Maybe where you live your car doesn't get boiling hot all the time, even in so-called "winter." For me in the south, it would be potentially dangerous to the posterior. Very Happy

Sounds really cool, though, if you don't have to worry about frying yourself!

Submissions: 74

Posted on Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:23 pm

no pictuers that i know ware are atm.

hot yes, they can get warm. i would think if you lived in arazona or some ware like that you might want to make them out of rubber instead of metal.

maille Code V2.0 T8.3 R6.4 Ep.f Fper Mfe.s Wsg$ Cpw$ G0.25-2.5 I0.5-30 N31.31 Pa Dacdjw Xa27g37w1 S94

Submissions: 0

Posted on Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:03 am

My next maille project will involve covers for my car's headrests. I've been toying with the idea of putting a layer of chainmaille in something like a leather jacket so you could make a sort of inlay. Cut a cool design in the outer layer of leather to see the metal underneath. My first attempt will be to start with a bottom layer of black cloth, then either dragonscale or simple euro and then the top layer of leather with a dragon emblem cut into the front and back. I'm still toying with grommeting and how to do the sides etc, but I think it'll be cool when done. Then I can go to Hot Topic and sell some designs for a cool mil. Smile

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1