Newbie Introduction & Induction (Part the 2nd)
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Knitting Circle

Submissions: 20

Posted on Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:13 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

Nearoth wrote:
Welcome to mail Very Happy

Also try and look though Frequently Asked Questions for some information and at the very top of the page there is a link "New here?"
It's not working at the moment but check there later, it is a usefull page when it's working again Smile.

Also check out the beginner articles and just look for some usefull information.

Most important is to just have fun.
If your getting irritated or something isn't working the way you want, put it down and take a walk or watch some tv to get your mind of it. It should be fun and not a job.
I would suggest to start with a simple bracelet from 4-1 or some other project that is relitively simple and fast to do.

It's nice to finish something to keep you motivated. A lot of people want to make a shirt and are demotivated when they realize it takes a lot of time.

Fixed that link Smile
Thanks for the earlier PM'd bug report, Nearoth!

Useful Links
Site Help: [ BBCode Help | Weave AR/Ring Size Popup | Login Issues ]
Weave AR Search is back: Try it out!

Submissions: 1

Posted on Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:09 pm

hi, my name is fabio, i'm italian.
the mail passion have strike me only 2 week ago, i'm a middle age fan, and a model maker.
actually im crafting some bracelet, for try wheaving something and testing my skill.
Coif LoL

Submissions: 0

Posted on Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:11 am

Hello, my name is Kat. I am from texas but have been a little of everywhere in the states and no i am not a military person. I love all crafts and am always here to help if i can. New to this craft and am very excited.

Hello
Posted on Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:57 am

Well Hi, my Name is Brian and I've been working/ struggling with Ring Maile for almost a year now. I love to do many crafts which include but not limited to: Knitting, hand/ machine sewing, leather work *as in braids of 8+ no imprinting yet* , drawing digitally and physically, painting and creating mods for games using Source code. (Valve owns all rights to Source (TM))
I live in Ohio and am attending Ohio State University. Wanna know more? Just ask. 8^)

Posted on Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:40 pm

Hi! I am really new to this. I have been making jewelry for quite some time now, but just started chain maille in the last couple of months. I am really addicted. I try different patterns all of the time. So far I am proficient with regular chain maille, byzantine and persian. I want to learn all I can and I am sure you experts out there can give me all kinds of tips. Thanks in advance.

Posted on Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:07 pm

Hi all,

I'm Vashalla, and I've been chainmailing on and off since 2003, and decided last year to get back into it as a regular hobby. I mostly like to work on smaller projects like dicebags (using Japanese 4-1), jewelry and European 4-1 inlays. I've started incorporating fabric and beads into my pieces, which makes it even more interesting. This year, I've challenged myself by promising 16 of my friends that I would make them each one small something (TBD based on their personal preferences). I've also gotten my 7 year old niece interested in chainmail and am showing her the ropes. She loves it so far! Some other hobbies that I used to do and may do again someday are candlemaking, soapmaking, and painting miniatures.

Posted on Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:24 pm

Hello,

I'm Steve, from eastern USA. I've only recently started learning chainmail and am officially addicted.I have some of the basic patterns down, now looking into more advanced techniques.

Posted on Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:54 pm

Hi!
My name is Susan Roberts and I have been a mailler for about 10 years now. I have been watching the site and enjoying the tutorials and gallery submissions but have never been much of a joiner-- so I never registered.

Well I have started an Etsy shop selling chainmaille (http://www.etsy.com/shop/SusanRobertsDesigns) and am taking a jewelry marketing class- I have learned that I have to get out of the corner and introduce myself. So here I am, at the computer with no rings or pliers in sight!

I started making maille when an art professor told me that a jump ring represented no artistic vision and was never appropriate to be used for a piece of artistic jewelry. Well..... at that time I started making everything with jump rings and found chainmaille. I haven't stopped. It is addictive.

I live in New York between Buffalo and Rochester and would love to find a local group that actually meets in person and shares shat they are doing. I have found a few weaves that stump me and could use help with them. Equally I would love to share how to do what I have figured out with anyone who wants to know some basic weaves.

Posted on Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:36 am

Hey, Just wanted to say Hi. I am fairly new to chainmaille but I fell in love with it as soon as I tried it. I have been beading for about 7 years now, starting with seed beads and working my way around. I love learning new techniques and I am thrilled to find this site Smile I currently live in the Monterey bay area of California so if anyone knows of or hears of good classes or groups in the area, I am totally interested.

Jax.

Submissions: 266

Posted on Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:06 pm

ESMPRoberts wrote:
Hi!
My name is Susan Roberts and I have been a mailler for about 10 years now. I have been watching the site and enjoying the tutorials and gallery submissions but have never been much of a joiner-- so I never registered.

Well I have started an Etsy shop selling chainmaille (http://www.etsy.com/shop/SusanRobertsDesigns) and am taking a jewelry marketing class- I have learned that I have to get out of the corner and introduce myself. So here I am, at the computer with no rings or pliers in sight!

I started making maille when an art professor told me that a jump ring represented no artistic vision and was never appropriate to be used for a piece of artistic jewelry. Well..... at that time I started making everything with jump rings and found chainmaille. I haven't stopped. It is addictive.

I live in New York between Buffalo and Rochester and would love to find a local group that actually meets in person and shares shat they are doing. I have found a few weaves that stump me and could use help with them. Equally I would love to share how to do what I have figured out with anyone who wants to know some basic weaves.

Where were you two and a half weeks ago when the 10th annual NEMF (North East Maille Fest) occurred (near Albany)?

And what's going on with the Rochester area lately anyways? So many new maillers seem to be popping up around that area all the time.

Tell a mailler what ring sizes to use and they'll weave for a day. Teach them AR and they'll weave forever.
Chainmailbasket.com (2013-11-23)
152 + 13

Posted on Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:44 pm

Hey, My name is Roger from N.C. I tried my hand at maille a few years back. It was a lot of fun but I fell out of it because ordering the rings online was costing me to much. I am trying to get back into it to help pass the time and finally do something with my hands. I am plan to try and make a setup to make rings this weekend. Wish me luck and good to meet everyone Very Happy Coif Smiley

intro
Posted on Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:07 am

hi all my name is erik i live in The Dalles and i make and sell chainmaille jewelry im kinda new to chainmaille i have only been doing this for 6-8 months i will try to post some of my stuff soon and anyone that can give me a link to half persian 3 in 1 that i can follow would be greatly appreciated

Submissions: 106

Re: intro
Posted on Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:20 am

Erik wrote:
and anyone that can give me a link to half persian 3 in 1 that i can follow would be greatly appreciated

Ever tried this one? http://cgmaille.com/tutorials/hp3-1.shtml?
And of course there are several linked on the weave page for Half Persian 3 in 1.

"I am a leaf on the wind." ~ Wash
Lorraine's Chains
Gallery Submission Guidelines

Posted on Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:59 am

Good Day
I stumbled into your site and look forward to looking around
The name is Greg. My business is called "Ports Pearls.
I got out of the "Rat Race" and moved to the small fishing villiage of Port Stanley on the North Shore of Lake Erie (Ontario, Canada)
My interests are "Maille, Viking Knit, and Wire Wrapping.
Port has one of the nicest beaches on Lake Erie. It is one of the shallowest of the 5 "Great Lakes" Nasty Storms brew quickly and have taken over 1000 ships to a watery grave.
We walk the beach in the summer collecting "Tumbled Beach Glass" which has been washed ashore from these ancient wrecks! That's my story and I"m sticking to it. If you would like some beach glass I promise not to send you round, smooth pieces from a "Beer Bottle.
These jewels (Red, Blue, Green, and other more rare colours are incorporated into necklaces and cagged in Maille
Finally we Canadians do no "Always" end a sentence or question with "AH"
Have a gid day ah
Greg

newbie to the page....
Posted on Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:29 pm

hi my name is Shantelle OR shay rose, i have been a mailer for almost 3 years now, mostly jewelry and random fun inventive weaving...when i first got into maille i never knew how complex it was till i discover the multitude of weaves you can learn and also ones you can invent your self... i invented one that i can say is truly unique called the modified inside out byz... i hav'nt seen it done yet but it does look similar to the half moon weave ... my first idea was to call it dragons eyes but i though it deserved a more technical name ... i shall post a pic of the design as soon as i can ... anyway i love maille and making unique jewelry out of it , i also like to add beading and wire work as well.. people would say im very non traditional when it comes to my pieces as i use ALOT of colors and tend to mix weaves with others lol you can find most of my work on fb at ShayRoseCreations please feel free to comment as you wish and if you have enjoyed viewing my page/store hit the like button as you skim through... thanks and have a blessed day....

Jump to:  
Page 32 of 67. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 65, 66, 67  Next