New rope weave
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Weaves Discussion

Submissions: 106

Posted on Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:43 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

cjwj wrote:

I think it's a safe bet to say that the weave will be named "spirally goodness" from now on. That just leaves the variations, but there's so many of them, it's probably better to give them a sub-name when they are discovered, rather then try and name 'em all here. I'll leave the naming of sub's up to the ones who posted the variation.

COME BACK! Now you have to submit the weave... Very Happy

"I am a leaf on the wind." ~ Wash
Lorraine's Chains
Gallery Submission Guidelines

Submissions: 337

Posted on Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:16 pm

May I suggest 'Spirally Goodness Twist' & 'Spirally Goodness Alternating' for the other two?

Maille Code
V2.0 T7.3 R5.4 Ep Feur MAg/Cu Wm$ Cbjpw$ G0.5/3.0 I1.5/12.0 N322.150 Pajs Dacdjsw Xa7g631p4t24w64 S88 Hipsu

Submissions: 3

Posted on Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:29 pm

starting post updated, we have a winrar!

Peace Peeps!

A bracelet a day keeps rsi away

Submissions: 20

Re: New rope weave
Posted on Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:03 pm

cjwj wrote:
Will get to submitting this weave as soon as the weave submit-site doesn't throw me a 404.

Shouldn't throw a 404...
Everything should be back to normal Confused

Posted on Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:36 pm

Hmm odd,

Just to retrace my steps:
-I'm going to User Panel >> My M.A.I.L (http://www.mailleartisans.org/members/mymail.php)
-I scroll down to Weave submissions >> Submit a Weave (http://www.mailleartisans.org/weaves/weavemaintain.cgi)

I get a 404.

But wait, there's more:
Second attempt:
-I click Library >> Weaves >> Weaves Home
-On that page, I click Submit (a link, not a button) (http://www.mailleartisans.org/weaves/weavesubmit.php)
-I enter some appropriate info, add a picture (some 300K, is that too big?)

It says I need to add a picture O_o >> Attempt postponed Smile

Submitting a weave; how does it work? (catch the 4chan pun)

Anyway, it's 2:00 AM here, so I'll look into it tomorrow after work.

Peace peeps!

Posted on Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:55 pm

cjwj wrote:
Hmm odd,

Just to retrace my steps:
-I'm going to User Panel >> My M.A.I.L (http://www.mailleartisans.org/members/mymail.php)
-I scroll down to Weave submissions >> Submit a Weave (http://www.mailleartisans.org/weaves/weavemaintain.cgi)

Balls, I forgot there was a link in My MAIL, I'll get to that.

cjwj wrote:
But wait, there's more:
Second attempt:
-I click Library >> Weaves >> Weaves Home
-On that page, I click Submit (a link, not a button) (http://www.mailleartisans.org/weaves/weavesubmit.php)
-I enter some appropriate info, add a picture (some 300K, is that too big?)

It says I need to add a picture O_o >> Attempt postponed Smile

Yes, maximum filesize is 100k... This is outlined in the Weaves Submission Guidelines.
Library >> Submit to MAIL >> Submission Guidelines...

I'll work on making the error message capable of telling the difference between a file that is too big, and one that isn't there.

Posted on Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:34 pm

Hehe, well you know what they say about "users" right?

When you think you've thought of everything to monkeyproof the system, they'll find a way to break it, with the least amount of conscious effort involved Laughing

Quick question though; What happened to the AR fields? I can only name the weave, and give a description? Or do I edit that in later? Or do I also put that info in the description?

T.I.A! (gonna take a quick nap now.. Gettin' old Laughing )

Peace Peeps!

Posted on Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:55 pm

cjwj wrote:
Quick question though; What happened to the AR fields? I can only name the weave, and give a description? Or do I edit that in later? Or do I also put that info in the description?

Please put the Ring Sizes used, and any AR info in the weave description.
The AR Fields are not currently user-editable.

Posted on Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:39 pm

Ye submitting hath begunnet!

It's now in the queue.

Can't wait till it shows up on the frontpage! w00t my first weave submission!

Again, thanks everyone for such a great thread, goes to show once again what a superb community this is!

Candy Cane Colored Peace Peeps! Coif LoL

Submissions: 75

Posted on Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:45 pm

cjwj, do you want the name to be Spirally Goodness, or Candy Cane Cord? There's getting to be some disagreement between weave entries & article entries. Might as well have the inventor of the weave head that confusion off at the pass.

Also, I really like how this weave looks. I'll have to try it sometime soon. Smile

-phong

-- CGMaille tutorials now hosted here at MAIL! --

Posted on Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:00 pm

Sorry that's my fault. I thought Spirally Goodness had been decided on but the weave entry suggests otherwise.

Maille Code
V2.0 T7.3 R5.4 Ep Feur MAg/Cu Wm$ Cbjpw$ G0.5/3.0 I1.5/12.0 N322.150 Pajs Dacdjsw Xa7g631p4t24w64 S88 Hipsu

Submissions: 75

Posted on Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:02 pm

Legba3 wrote:
Sorry that's my fault. I thought Spirally Goodness had been decided on but the weave entry suggests otherwise.

Understandable; when I skimmed this thread it looked like folks were using SG consistently until that last post when it changed to CCC. Confused

-phong

-- CGMaille tutorials now hosted here at MAIL! --

Submissions: 106

Posted on Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:22 pm

cjwj wrote:
I think it's a safe bet to say that the weave will be named "spirally goodness" from now on.

Yeah, I was rather confused after I read the sentence above and then saw the weave submission with something completely different. I predict a lot of confusion, especially since this has become a popular weave.

"I am a leaf on the wind." ~ Wash
Lorraine's Chains
Gallery Submission Guidelines

Posted on Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:52 pm

I've PMed cjwj to see which name he wants to use.

Maille Code

Posted on Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:06 pm

Hey people, sorry about all the ruckus on the new weave.

I should have posted some after-submit details, but I was just too busy with life in general. (don't you just hate it when a day only has 24 hours? Laughing ) Nonetheless, apologies on my behalf are quite in order. Weaves are not something to post and forget, and I should have had a little more respect for the commmunity in terms of " after-care".

Here is the full weave description as posted, before (excellent) moderation and peer review. I think the confusion arose when this(*see below in bold) piece of text got (rightly so, it was quite a wordy description, but you know me) edited out. It kind of explains my reasons for naming this weave the way it is named now. Nothing but loving words though (scouts honor!)

--START--
Alternating / Spirally) Candy Cane Cord by cjwj (alternating depicted here) or "(A/S)CCC" partly because it's got that "Joyfull, christmassy, jolly, get together" feeling all over it, which I find is very appropriate (considering how many people have participated with pictures, variations, finding technical details, etc), and because it is nicely abbreviatable.

Catergory "so simple, I overlooked it". This 6 in 1 weave came forward after some experimentation with byzantine, and can also be started using box chain. Variants exist with full persian segments, using this method as an inbetween connector to reverse the grain in an elegant way. A similar effect is seen on box chain and byzantine. A Spiral effect is accomplished by weaving a segment as usual, and then weaving a segment of box chain. By combining these two aspects in different ways / amounts a plethora of variants can be made. This weave is primarily a chain/rope type weave, but variants from roundweave starters and quadweave starters "unround" into a very ugly sheet.

I think Lorraine, Legba3, and MaxumX all greatly deserved to have a part of the name (considering Legba3 did great "commercially viable" pieces in stainless, Lorraine did her graduating magic with a stunning pendant and earrings, MaxumX being the first who discovered it, did great work on the tech behind it all, and did a great piece in brass, including several variants, one of which the "full persian Byz" variant)

Honorable mentions:
xzorby did some great work on setting things further in motion by accidentally doing the weave the wrong way, triggering a plethora of variants, concluding with some pictures of the alternating / spiral / Both variants side by side.

Weave stats:
Min AR: 4.1 (by MaxumX)
Ideal AR: 4.7 for this weae, 5 for the "spiralling" and combination weaves.
Max AR: -

Piece stats:
Round Titanium 1.2 mm WD @ 6.1 mm ID

Forum thread:
http://www.mailleartisans.org/board/viewtopic.php?t=15361
--END--

Peace peeps![/b]

Jump to:  
Page 4 of 5. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next