MAIL 3.0 Feature Requests
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Requests

Submissions: 0

Posted on Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:22 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

Daemon_Lotos wrote:
Hover over a members name in any post now.

Neat! Thank you! Very Happy

Submissions: 50

Posted on Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:59 pm

Vorondil wrote:
dravin666 wrote:
1) articles and tutorials: i would like to see some kind of commenting option were people could ask questions and the community could help answer them.

We have an entire "Articles Forum" for that. More organization for said forum might be nice, though. It's not always clear what articles the individual threads are referencing. Which is a problem when I want to see if my question has already been asked/answered.

Submitters are also encouraged to update their articles to clear up any issues.

So what about some sort of "Comment/question on this article" link incorporated in every article that would link into the forum post a reply code and would auto fill the subject with the article name? Feasible or not?

Different subject, could we get a "mark all topics as read" link at the top of each forum in addition to the one at the bottom?

Comprehensive Diameter Database: Web Page | Online Spreadsheet | About the database

"When you have bigger wire, you make bigger maille. It's neat like that." -Cynake, January 15, 2009

Submissions: 20

Posted on Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:03 pm

ElementalDragon wrote:
So what about some sort of "Comment/question on this article" link incorporated in every article that would link into the forum post a reply code and would auto fill the subject with the article name? Feasible or not?

Totally feasible. I'd need to investigate the code required before comitting, but I suspect it's minor.

ElementalDragon wrote:
Different subject, could we get a "mark all topics as read" link at the top of each forum in addition to the one at the bottom?

Uncertain... phpBB deals with 'unread' topics in a strange fashion... I could possibly cobble something together... (That is, I assume you're asking to be able to 'Mark all Knitting Circle topics as read'??? If you just want a 'Mark all Read' everywhere, that's easy)

Posted on Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:25 pm

I'm saying that currently there's a link under the New Thread button at the bottom of each forum that says 'Mark all topics read'. Is it possible to get an identical link under the New Thread button at the top of each forum too/instead?

Comprehensive Diameter Database: Web Page | Online Spreadsheet | About the database

"When you have bigger wire, you make bigger maille. It's neat like that." -Cynake, January 15, 2009

Posted on Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:36 pm

ElementalDragon wrote:
I'm saying that currently there's a link under the New Thread button at the bottom of each forum that says 'Mark all topics read'. Is it possible to get an identical link under the New Thread button at the top of each forum too/instead?

Dead simple Very Happy

Submissions: 4

Posted on Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:26 pm || Last edited by Vorondil on Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:35 am; edited 1 time in total

Daemon_Lotos wrote:
I don't ignore any suggestions Very Happy... In fact, I spent all evening on this one...

Hover over a members name in any post now.

Oh, nice, thanks! That's much more intuitive now.

Submissions: 75

Posted on Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:15 am

I'd like 3.0 to be compatible with mobile devices; Blackberries & the like.

I'd like the option to be autoa-notified when new threads are posted. With being able to specify which forums.

Ancillary to that, perhaps when starting a new thread, be able to specify what category thread it is, similar to the subcategories in the Article and Weavebases. So weave forums threads could be tagged 'weave theory' or 'ring size question' for example. Then we could choose which specific topics we want to be auto-notified about.

And I'd like a sammich.

-phong

-- CGMaille tutorials now hosted here at MAIL! --

Posted on Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:42 pm

Phong wrote:
I'd like 3.0 to be compatible with mobile devices; Blackberries & the like.

MAIL currently looks FINE on my Nokia E71... It's not my fault the default Blackberry Browser is crap Razz

That being said though, I've mentioned before my desire to have a m.mailleartisans.org for mobile devices and low bandwidth connections... I do still intend for this to come to light.

Phong wrote:
I'd like the option to be autoa-notified when new threads are posted. With being able to specify which forums.

Hmm...

Phong wrote:
Ancillary to that, perhaps when starting a new thread, be able to specify what category thread it is, similar to the subcategories in the Article and Weavebases. So weave forums threads could be tagged 'weave theory' or 'ring size question' for example. Then we could choose which specific topics we want to be auto-notified about.

Hmm...

Phong wrote:
And I'd like a sammich.

Okay!

Submissions: 75

Posted on Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:25 pm

Can I request that 3.0 continue the non-obnoxious sig policy? Specifically pertaining to obtrusive 'gamer tag' thingers and other unnecessary images?

-phong

-- CGMaille tutorials now hosted here at MAIL! --

Posted on Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:16 am

Phong wrote:
Can I request that 3.0 continue the non-obnoxious sig policy? Specifically pertaining to obtrusive 'gamer tag' thingers and other unnecessary images?

No Very Happy

Submissions: 106

Posted on Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:23 am

Maybe it's just me, but when I click on the last post thingy for a thread, it takes me to the maybe third or fourth to last post instead... ?

"I am a leaf on the wind." ~ Wash
Lorraine's Chains
Gallery Submission Guidelines

Posted on Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:28 am

Not just you. Sometimes happens to me, especially in image heavy threads, it seems.

Posted on Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:59 am

ElementalDragon wrote:
Not just you. Sometimes happens to me, especially in image heavy threads, it seems.

This is a 'browser issue' more than a site issue... I'll attempt to explain the technology behind it...

When a user inserts an image into a post, they use BBCode... BBCode, inherently, has no idea what the width or height of the image is. So when it converts to HTML it makes an Image Tag that is missing width and height info.

This is allowed under the HTML Spec, as once the image loads, the browser can auto-resize the page to cover for this.

Unfortunately, many stages occur during a browser load, and often images aren't fully loaded before the rest of the page... So the browser loads (usually something like 48x48) empty image holders, and resizes them as nessecary once the image is loaded.

Net result, the 'location' on the page the link you click pointed to is 'pushed down' after you're sent there, but before you see it, by the images above.

If you hit F5 or click refresh once the images are fully loaded, it should take you to the correct location on the page...

Now that's out of the way Very Happy

I recently ran into this issue with the main site while I was rewriting it... Some of the CSS code I use to make nifty 'collapseable' boxes, doesn't like image tags without width and height info... So I wrote a function to take advantage of PHP's ability to load an image in the background, check the width and height, and spit out the information.

Once we've upgraded to phpBB3, if the forum itself doesn't include a similar function, I'll be able to code something in, so that it doesn't happen anymore Very Happy

Submissions: 106

Posted on Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:06 am

YAY!!... I think... Very Happy

"I am a leaf on the wind." ~ Wash
Lorraine's Chains
Gallery Submission Guidelines

Posted on Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:11 am

Makes sense to me.

I hope you're getting enough ego stoking by people telling you how much we appreciate the effort you are putting into this project. At least, I appreciate the work you are putting into this. I can't really speak for anyone else Smile. Thanks, DL.

Jump to:  
Page 3 of 16. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next