MAIL 3.0 Feature Requests
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Requests

Submissions: 0

Posted on Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:04 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

No idea if this thread is still being looked at 8 months later, but a girl can hope XD

Any chance of the number of site favourites being raised?
Even if only from 100 to 150, or maybe 250? 250 would be nice

I understand that "unlimited" is probably not possible just based on server space

Also, yes, a friends list would be nice. =)

Submissions: 61

Gallery Search in line with Weave Search
Posted on Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:22 am

I noticed in the admin thread, DL said "give me more work" so... I would like to request that the Gallery search be improved so that it is more like the Weaves search in this respect: with the weaves search, you can select multiple tags to search by, but with the gallery search, you don't have nice clicky boxes to enable you to do that.

DL can you please add that?

Craft isn't cheaper than therapy, but it's more fun.
http://www.essence-of-eclectic.com

Submissions: 20

Re: Gallery Search in line with Weave Search
Posted on Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:18 pm

kerravonsen wrote:
I noticed in the admin thread, DL said "give me more work" so... I would like to request that the Gallery search be improved so that it is more like the Weaves search in this respect: with the weaves search, you can select multiple tags to search by, but with the gallery search, you don't have nice clicky boxes to enable you to do that.

Only if you can promise me that nobody will go through and click a hundred ticky boxes and bring the server to it's knees Coif LoL Very Happy

Seriously though, I can look into it Smile

Posted on Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:09 pm

Thank you. Uber

Submissions: 106

Re: Gallery Search in line with Weave Search
Posted on Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:41 am

kerravonsen wrote:

Amen! Razz

"I am a leaf on the wind." ~ Wash
Lorraine's Chains
Gallery Submission Guidelines

Submissions: 0

re: clicky boxes in search
Posted on Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:34 pm

Great! Im glad somebody said it! Very Happy

"The Builder's forge burns bright and hot, and separates steel from dross." - Mechanist Doctrine

"If you can't actually USE the collar and leash, what is the bleedin' point in making them!!!" - Me

Submissions: 1

Weave Data - Approx rings per length
Posted on Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:18 am

In the weave data (with the ARs), I’d love to be able to see about how many rings it’ll take to make a certain weave of a certain length.

This could be displayed as “20 rings per inch.” However that obviously wouldn’t work because of different ring sizes. So, instead, I suggest a new type of AR (could be called “Weave AR,” distinguishing it from “Ring AR”). This “Weave AR” would be the ratio of number of rings to total length in ID of the ring. So Japanese 2-1 would have a “Weave AR” of 1. This is the number of rings it takes to increase the total length by one ring’s length. A three-ring-wide strip of euro 4-1 would be around 3 (a little greater, actually).

The formula is as follows: [Weave AR = (# rings * ID) / Total Length] and you can solve for whatever info you need.

Example: I want to make a chain 8 inches long out of a weave with a Weave AR of 5. The rings I’m using have ID 5/16”. About how many rings do I need? # rings = (Desired length * Weave AR) / ID = (8 * 5) / (5/16) = 128

Note: I’ve only discussed “Weave AR” for length of 1-dimensional weaves. Something else (similar, but different) would have to be devised for area in 2-dimensional weaves.

Re: Weave Data - Approx rings per length
Posted on Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:22 am

Jackalopalen wrote:
In the weave data (with the ARs), I’d love to be able to see about how many rings it’ll take to make a certain weave of a certain length.

First: I like this idea.

Second: Nomenclature - "Weave AR" is probably too confusing. "Length Ratio" I suggest might be better.

Third: This data is not going to magically appear out of thin air. I suggest, therefore, that before one can add the data to the database, that the data has to be researched, and you, as the proponent of the idea, are the obvious person to do so. Then you can write an article at the least, so that the data will exist somewhere.

Submissions: 1

Re: Weave Data - Approx rings per length
Posted on Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:35 am

I also like "length ratio" better.

kerravonsen wrote:
you, as the proponent of the idea, are the obvious person to do so.

I guess I kinda volunteered myself for that one. Laughing I'll do some research and see about scrapping together an article.

However, there are so many weaves out there. I'd rather not run through every one by myself. I suppose most weaves should be easy enough to get an approximation by just looking at a picture and having a good understanding of the weave. Getting exact (measured) numbers will be a big project (also read: ongoing).

Though now thinking further about it, you could even gather measurements from existing weave photos, if the photo is clean/clear enough, with the sample laid out straight and stretched.

Submissions: 16

Posted on Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:51 pm

If this was made into some kind of Group Project, i could help.

furthermore, i'd like to see "related weaves" in the weaves pages, if it's not too late for requests. Wink

Total Nerd: MScDS, Mailler, Gamer.

Submissions: 28

Posted on Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:50 pm

2 things:

1. [A repeat of kerravonsen]. Search tools for gallery image tags. (Same sort of logical "and"s for weaves.)
Maybe there would be a way to cache the data on the server such that it wouldn't die with too many complex requests?

2. Not operator for logical searches of weave/gallery tags. (Exclude a specific tag from the results.)

while(!project.isFinished())
project.addRing();
// Maille Code V2.0 T7.1 R5.6 Eo.n Fper MFe.s Wsm Caws G0.8-1.6 I2.4-8.0 Pn Dcdejst Xw1 S07

Posted on Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:22 am

TrenchCoatGuy wrote:
2 things:

1. [A repeat of kerravonsen]. Search tools for gallery image tags. (Same sort of logical "and"s for weaves.)
Maybe there would be a way to cache the data on the server such that it wouldn't die with too many complex requests?

2. Not operator for logical searches of weave/gallery tags. (Exclude a specific tag from the results.)

YES! Being able to exclude tags would be so useful.

3. Add a toggle to the Weave search to search for weaves with/without tutorials.

4. Add a toggle to the Weave search to exclude weaves with multiple wire-diameters.

5. Combine all the different things for weave search (tags, AR, other toggles) into one Advanced Search form. That way I could search for, say, Persian Chains which are Not Kinged, have an AR of around 5, do not have multiple wire-diameters, have a tutorial for them, and don't have any gallery entries. Smile

Submissions: 97

Posted on Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:58 pm

Karpeth wrote:

furthermore, i'd like to see "related weaves" in the weaves pages, if it's not too late for requests. Wink

This (or something similar) is more or less in progress. I recently sent Lotos a list of tags to add as 'sub-family' tags: i.e. if you want to look for just Byzantine based weaves, you just have to click on the Byzantine sub-family tag. A sub-family tag will be added for every weave that has been tagged as 'alpha' and then all their subsequent variants and modifications tagged to the appropriate sub-family(s). Not sure when this will be operational, but it is in the queue for upgrades to the weaves library.

Insistence is futile.

We are the Quartz, lower your shovels and surrender your rocks. We will add your gemological and mineralogical distinctiveness to our own. You will adapt to service us. Resistance is rutile.

Handmaden Designs LLC
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Handmade Artists Shop
Author Website

Submissions: 2

Sorting?
Posted on Mon May 08, 2017 6:58 pm

I know I'm likely shooting myself in the foot by not reading all 15 pages, but I'd rather be mailing, so...

We can save things to "favorites" (LOVE that by the way, though I do wish I could save more. hehe), but the order it puts them in is... odd? Being able to have them in alphabetical order would make life just that much easier.

Thoughts? Reasons it hasn't been done?

Thanks for all your hard work. I love this place and I know I'd be lost without it!

Submissions: 106

Posted on Tue May 23, 2017 3:11 am

I have to admit, I haven't explored "Favorites" all that much, Katlee. Does it really get that confusing when it isn't in alphabetical order? I honestly don't know how many you can save.

"I am a leaf on the wind." ~ Wash
Lorraine's Chains
Gallery Submission Guidelines

Jump to:  
Page 15 of 16. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next