MAIL 3.0 Feature Requests
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Requests

Submissions: 20

Posted on Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:44 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

N1ght_Huntr wrote:
Hey DL, I'm just sort of thinking out loud here, but how difficult would a sort of notification system be for when one's image is accepted to the gallery? I reckon it'd be a nice touch. Also, I love the "go my flying monkeys" button, for the record.

Thanks Very Happy It looks like the monkeys will stick around for now...

As for notifications... A complete overhaul of how the site handles submissions is in the cards... Once Articles moves to 3.0...

Stay tuned!

Submissions: 3

Posted on Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:52 am

EXCELLENT! On the subject of overhauls, am I correct in assuming that http://www.mailleartisans.org/submit/subguide.cgi was missed in the last one?

Posted on Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:53 am

N1ght_Huntr wrote:
EXCELLENT! On the subject of overhauls, am I correct in assuming that http://www.mailleartisans.org/submit/subguide.cgi was missed in the last one?

Missed, no....
Ignored, yes Razz

Submissions: 11

Posted on Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:08 pm

Hehe, blast from the past. I remember when MAIL looked like that. *goes all nostalgic*

Submissions: 42

Posted on Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:01 pm

We should leave a couple of those pages salted through the site just to remind people of all the work DL has done.

Thanks DL

Once you stop learning, you stop living, so...
Ask questions.
Try new things.
Share what you know.

MailleCode V2.0 T5.3 R4.4 E0.0 Feur MFe.sBr Wg Cwb G.7-5.1 I3.1-11 N20.5 Pj Dcdjt Xa1w2 S08

Submissions: 0

Posted on Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:57 am

What do you think about making an AR calculator. I see different weaves and people say they used certain sized rings. I can use TRL to get a basic idea of the AR but sometimes getting close just doesn't make the cut. This way we can calculate the exact AR.
Thanks

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then is not an act, but habit."

Posted on Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:08 am

Architect wrote:
What do you think about making an AR calculator. I see different weaves and people say they used certain sized rings. I can use TRL to get a basic idea of the AR but sometimes getting close just doesn't make the cut. This way we can calculate the exact AR.
Thanks

Have you tried hovering over an AR on the Weaves Page?
http://www.mailleartisans.org/board/viewtopic.php?t=15495

Posted on Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:52 pm

Hope I'm not too late for this, but one thing that happens to me all the time is I'll try and google a weave page that I know is here on the site, but I get directed to a tutorial instead, but there's no way to get back to the Weave page. I think it'd be awesome if there was some way to put a "back to weave" button on articles

For example:
Have this tutorial
Link back to this weave page

Submissions: 42

Posted on Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:01 pm

That is already there in a round about way. Using the links that you provided go to the tutorial. If you click on the name of the weave it will take you back to the weave page. Most of the tutorials and articles are getting linked like that, but it is a process.

I hope that this helps and answered your question correctly.

Once you stop learning, you stop living, so...
Ask questions.
Try new things.
Share what you know.

MailleCode V2.0 T5.3 R4.4 E0.0 Feur MFe.sBr Wg Cwb G.7-5.1 I3.1-11 N20.5 Pj Dcdjt Xa1w2 S08

Submissions: 106

Posted on Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:16 pm

Yep, what Music Man said. We are trying to make sure that all the tutorials name the weave and link back to the weave page. If you find one that doesn't do that, please let us know.

"I am a leaf on the wind." ~ Wash
Lorraine's Chains
Gallery Submission Guidelines

Submissions: 574

Posted on Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:27 pm

^^ what lorraine said.

But you probably won't find any that aren't linked properly. Smile

..Unless it's for a "weave" or weave design that doesn't have an entry..

Chainmailbasket.com (2019-01-01) - 376 + 79

Posted on Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:04 am

MusicMan - I guess I didn't notice it on that particular tutorial

I'll take a closer look next time I encounter a tutorial through Google.
And if I find one that isn't linked, who do I report it to, or where would I post it?

Submissions: 106

Posted on Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:10 am

sugarnspike613 wrote:
MusicMan - I guess I didn't notice it on that particular tutorial

I'll take a closer look next time I encounter a tutorial through Google.
And if I find one that isn't linked, who do I report it to, or where would I post it?

At the top of all articles is a banner that says "This is the BETA version of the Articles Library -- Expect occasional bugs -- Report them to Daemon_Lotos => [Here]. Click on the [Here] part and it will take you to the page to report problems. http://www.mailleartisans.org/board/viewtopic.php?t=17435

"I am a leaf on the wind." ~ Wash
Lorraine's Chains
Gallery Submission Guidelines

IE 10 Issues
Posted on Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:02 pm

I know this thread has been around for a while, but it seems it might still be at least a bit active. I'm a tad limited when it comes to accessing the internet. I'm using a Windows Phone running IE10. A few of the features on the site, most notably the drop down menus on the home page that provide links to the sign in page as well as key navigational menus are no longer supported by my browser. I recognize this is a BROWSER issue and not an issue with the site itself, but I was curious if DL was still moving forward with the idea of a mobile site. I did some amateur web design for a while and know the amount of work that goes into even a simple site, so consider your ego stroked a bit for all the awesome work you've done to make this site what it is. I'm not exactly clear as to what causes the issue myself since my web design days passed long ago, so forgive the lack of a detailed issue. I spend a lot of time referencing material on the site and have been able to find links that allow me to navigate it rather well despite the issues, but I miss my favorites and the ability to post on the forums without having to find a public access computer. Can I anticipate a mobile version in the reasonably near future, or shall I maintain my patient vigil? I'm cool waiting, honestly, I just miss being able to take full advantage of being a member of this amazing community.

Janus0816

Re: IE 10 Issues
Posted on Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:44 pm

Janus0816 wrote:
I know this thread has been around for a while, but it seems it might still be at least a bit active. I'm a tad limited when it comes to accessing the internet. I'm using a Windows Phone running IE10. A few of the features on the site, most notably the drop down menus on the home page that provide links to the sign in page as well as key navigational menus are no longer supported by my browser. I recognize this is a BROWSER issue and not an issue with the site itself, but I was curious if DL was still moving forward with the idea of a mobile site. I did some amateur web design for a while and know the amount of work that goes into even a simple site, so consider your ego stroked a bit for all the awesome work you've done to make this site what it is. I'm not exactly clear as to what causes the issue myself since my web design days passed long ago, so forgive the lack of a detailed issue. I spend a lot of time referencing material on the site and have been able to find links that allow me to navigate it rather well despite the issues, but I miss my favorites and the ability to post on the forums without having to find a public access computer. Can I anticipate a mobile version in the reasonably near future, or shall I maintain my patient vigil? I'm cool waiting, honestly, I just miss being able to take full advantage of being a member of this amazing community.

As a Windows Phone user myself, I can tell you this:
Long Press the drop downs. Very Happy
I actually don't have an issue using the site, would you like to drop me a PM and we can talk through some of the issues you seem to be having and compare notes.

Also, I'll be moving away from the CSS menus towards HTML5 which should correct the touch-present issues...

Jump to:  
Page 14 of 16. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next