Front Page Discussion
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Requests

Submissions: 4

Front Page Discussion
Posted on Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:36 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

Just some food for thought.....since I can't post where the cool kids post.....

I run a rather standard size laptop and have a hard time as it -is- navigating through the front page. If you go and bunch up the top bar (home, user panel, library...etc) it will make it even more difficult for someone like me who doesn't have a huge monitor and someone who doesn't routinely use a mouse. I won't bother to reproach the drop down menu's that are there...they are certainly better then what we had before. It is certainly not my intention to complain. I know of all of the hard work that has gone into changing MAIL and I -do- appreciate the changes that are being made/have been made. Now if only the drama fairy would come and make certain things disappear Rolling Eyes

Now if I go upstairs and use my pc, I have no issues whatsoever as it's a 36" monitor and I, of course, have plenty of room to navigate through and I also have a mouse which always makes things easier. But such is life that I can not sit in front of that fabulous monitor on a regular, consistent basis.

Just asking for at least the menu bar to not to be squished up with clutter on the side(s) of it. Otherwise, carry on. Nothing to see here.

Submissions: 79

Posted on Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:17 pm

thanks for the feedback.. designing for laptops should definitely be on the consideration list..

as to the drama fairy.. i'll put up with the drama if we can end up with a better site because of it.

kim

PSA: remember to stretch.
3.o is fixing everything.

Submissions: 20

Posted on Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:31 pm

sakredchao wrote:
thanks for the feedback.. designing for laptops should definitely be on the consideration list..

Always is. Very Happy

I actually design with a 13.3" screen at 1024x768 resolution.

This covers both laptop users, as well as anyone with a low resolution on a desktop monitor, and old CRT users.

Only then, will I start to worry about larger resolutions, and move to a widescreen LCD setup (26" @ 1920x1080)

Posted on Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:46 pm

you, sir, are an awesome ninja.

kim

Submissions: 4

Posted on Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:51 pm

Sanks, guys Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Submissions: 6

Posted on Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:06 am

I'd personally like to see a New Posts button on the top bar, instead of having to navigate through Community --> Forum --> New Posts. New posts are what I go here to look at 98.85% (roughly, of course Wink ) of the time. I usually end up just leaving a tab open set to New Posts, but that can be bad in case of a browser restart at a time when I failed to actually look at the new posts, and it resets what 'new' is.

Really I'm just lazy, but that's the only addition I'd really hope to see. Coif Smiley

And on a side note, I almost never go to the Home page because of the login issue of having to load a page other than the Home page in order to not have to login again, and then I usually forget to navigate to the Home page to check out new weave submissions and the like. I think the biggest improvement to the Home page would be to fix that login issue, personally. Again, I'm just lazy. Coif LoL

-Deborah

Posted on Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:33 am

re: login issues.. check lotos signature..

new posts button at the top of the forum lists sounds like a good idea. (like a fakey forum)

kim

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1