WANT TO BUY: 50-100 Maille Rectangles, Approx 12" X 8&q
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Trading Room

Submissions: 0

WANT TO BUY: 50-100 Maille Rectangles, Approx 12" X 8&q
Posted on Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:23 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

I would like to buy 50 -100 rectangles of chain maille. each square would be approximately 1 square foot. if you agree to do it, i will give you exact dimensions. about 12inches by 8inches.

i would like each rectangle to be as heavy as possible. would you be able to do this ... and how much would it cost....? and time to delivery??
please contact me apbryant@yahoo.com

[Topic edited by Cynake, to fit Trading Room]

Submissions: 1

Posted on Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:07 pm

This doesn't belong in the requests room. I'm moving it to the trading room, and fixed the topic so it fits there.

On a personal note...

People will be skeptical selling to an outsider who's made one post, and has clearly not even given a superficial skim of the community or forums to figure out what goes where. I would even recommend such hesitancy, and suggest people get full deposits in advance.

However, benefit of the doubt and all, you've done nothing wrong. Welcome, and I hope you find the maille you're looking for.

Posted on Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:50 pm

Can you give us a bit more information?
What type of chainmail are you looking for? Rivited and Welded are both much more labor then butted link construction.
You mention max weight on these rectangles do they need to be durable like stainless, galvanized steel, or gold rings?
gold is much heavier then steel but weaker and much more expencive.
a number of sheet weaves are thicker by design but take more time HP sheet is thicker/heavier then the traditional E4in1.
These factors would effect the final price quote.

Posted on Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:12 pm

Specifying materials, wire thicknesses, and ring diameters, not to mention weave patterns, would be of great help.

If you are uncertain as to which of these would maximize the effectiveness of your project, feel free to speak with me privately, and we can discuss potential combinations and designs.

I am available for some, if not all, of these pieces, with a deposit for materials and time. My rates are constant, meaning that you will never pay more for a job than you should, just because of an unexpected delay.

Send a PM, or contact my via email at blessedwrath@hotmail.com, if you are interested.

Submissions: 9

Posted on Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:42 pm

I'm not sure that she is still interested in this avenue. I talked with her in depth about the project, but have ceased hearing from her.

Posted on Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:35 pm

C'est la vie.

I will remain available, should minds be changed.

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1