View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Group Projects

Submissions: 83

Posted on Sat Jan 01, 2000 5:00 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

depending on what you put in your quilt patch, you might have a problem with the border holding up the entire wieght of whatever your putting in side it. IF you do decide to use aluminum... definitly work harden it.. Very Happy

There are only 2 things in life that we can be assured of: Somethings will never stop changing, and some things will never change.

Submissions: 5

Yeah, I see it every day, sittin pretty in my inbox *chuckle* It shall be done...someday *chuckle*

Live, Love, Learn!
-Woody NaDobhar

Submissions: 79

hey woody.. i dn't mean to be pushy or nuthin, but you think you could remove lc's addy from the project alpha page. i do recall him making that request quite awhile ago. i know you're busy and may not have time to make all the changes, but that one would be a good change to make.

thanks man
kim

Submissions: 313

The alpha project page is in serious need of updating. What we need to do is re-evaluate the whole project entirely. Well maybe not. We should still make a quilt, if there's interest, but so much of the information on there is invalid. Can we please change it?

Tell a mailler what ring sizes to use and they'll weave for a day. Teach them AR and they'll weave forever.
Chainmailbasket.com (2016-02-10) 203 + 17

Rah! rah! RAH!

*waves pom-poms*

How about this notion. When the page is updated we look at doing something in an opt-in newsletter for people interesting in working on e quilt project. That would give us some loose guage of interest, as well as an essential link to those people who were working on the project. As it is I think there is not enough "drop in" traffic to this board (and rightly so I think given it is more a means then an end) it might be difficult to hold a group together and make sure everyone is properly updated on relavent information. I think that would go a long way to consolidating and directing people's interest.

In my usual vien of TRYING not to make too much work for anyone else as a result of my "good" ideas, I'd be willing to keep track of the news letter, provided I was given the relavent technological instruction required (if any).

and you could have my "project coordinator" title, and my quilt patch as well. Smile i'd be happy sending it to c-eh-n-eh-d-eh.

kim

Submissions: 5

Just lemmie know what's going on when you've got it figured out Uber

Live, Love, Learn!
-Woody NaDobhar

hello, i started making the border for my patch, when trying to get the sizes right, i noticed something. it says to use 16 guage 1/4" ID rings, i did this, 27 rings tall. the only problem is, that it also says that the patches should be 8" X 8". the total height of these 26 rings is a little under 6 inches?
so should i go with making the euro 4-1 until i hit 8 inches? or should i use a bigger size ring? or what should i do?

There are only 2 things in life that we can be assured of: Somethings will never stop changing, and some things will never change.

Submissions: 7

I sort of ran into the same problem while making my border. Also does the border have to be out of any particular type of metal or can it be anything strong enough to hold the weight?

To all those who think that life is a show, they can not see the strings...
an anchient philosopher once said that true intelligence is derived from knowing that you know nothing at all

i belive anything that can hold it's own weight.
no one has responded to this in awhile..maybe i should just guess Very Happy

Submissions: 24

Try a square foot of 18 ga dead soft al from hd Razz
I think it should hold up it's own wheight and not be likely to fall out of the whole unit (not good Very Happy ), if you have to work harden it, then do it.

Outside a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read.

Watashiwa nihongogo wakarimassen.

yea i'm not here. Smile i'm back to bathe (which is a really good idea for dirty people). and then off to make an adobe house!

i emailled a packet of goodies to woody and i guess they are still in the que.

once the new page for the group projects goes up the image in the gallery cna be removed. Smile

kim

Submissions: 4

I just tried to picture how a ancient celt/roman/postapokalyptic smith/armourer might have aproached it and since there isnt much to to i migth make a more medevil/roman empire piece using maybe brass or copper for scales

Pinkie:What are we gonna do tonight Brain?
Brain:Samething we do everynight Pinkie.
TAKE OVER THE WORLD!

right now the image links are looking in the wrong spot. i'm pretty sure i sent the images, but i could be wrong.. if not just reply ehre and i'll get them off before i leave again.

i can update the #2 page also, sometime..

yay
kim

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 3. Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next