Northeast Maillefest 2009 - pictures
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Knitting Circle

Submissions: 0

Posted on Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:00 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

I think he's trying to say you have a badass beard going.

Submissions: 1

Posted on Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:16 pm

Well, there's more. These are from whoever got ahold of Rosethorn's camera that night...

Someone is celebrating the end of their sobriety...

Ferrous the Mad Scientist Plots his evil...

Now, here's the thing. 2 of these people are, and stayed, dead sober all night. Two of them were rather festively imbibed. The sign of a good party, you can't tell which is which.

Sideways Sneakattack! Your Planning and Development administrator demonstrates what it takes to be a REAL ninja. A real ninja is always alert. Always aware of his environment and his target. Combined with the power of alcohol, a real ninja is able to multitask. A ninja has two eyes and is able to keep one eye on his target, the other.. on the camera.. at the same time? Not sure *how*, but, this photo proves it's somehow possible. And this was early yet in the evening.

Fact: Both Canadian. Fact: Both wearing costumes. Fact: Both totally awesome at gatherings. Captain Canada & Ninja Surprise, prior to greedy Americans invading their costumes. They can be at YOUR gathering too! Call to reserve now! Limited time offer, special conditions (flights/liquor bill) apply, see Canada for details.

I'm weak on the particulars, but I think this went something like.. "Hey, the fire's not big enough, toss that log (my chair) in!", so I did. And it just sat there in the fire. So I commented "Someone should stand on that", meaning, someone should push it deeper into the fire, since it was a huge log kinda resting on everything else. I think everyone else took that as a dare, as in.. giant log in the fire, someone should stand on it. At which point, I was counter-dared to be the one standing in the fire. So I did. Combo photo 'cause the photo with the flash on doesn't quite portray how high the fire was burning around me as I posed for photos. Apparently my pants were about to start on fire. Thanks Mike an Shake for making sure I didn't fall in and burn. That's what friends are for. Daring you to stand in the fire, giving you a hand up to jump in, but sticking around in case things shift suddenly.

Our mad scientist is about to spring his evil trap...

No comment. Not... really... even sure.. what's going on here...

M.A.I.L.'s Website Admin barely controlling himself. Rumor has it, he's never drank that much at a gathering before. "Wait wait wait.. I gotta tell ya..."

#TRL and #MAIL chat regulars photoshop opportunity 1.

#TRL and #MAIL chat regulars photoshop opportunity 2.

Hey, some actual chainmaille. Too lazy to invent Candyweave, FerrousKnight makes some fused JPL out of my peach rings.

... There's a whole bunch with actual chainmaille in 'em too, but, I don't know much about that stuff, so I'll let others handle it.

Posted on Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:02 am

Ah ha ha... I swear, I laugh harder everytime I see these. Thank you Cynake for posting some of my pictures. (I'm not being lazy, I swear, the only time I've been online since getting home is at work!)

This trip was nothing but pure win, and I'm so glad I came. Captain Canuck is indeed, highly entertaining at parties (nobody's posted the pictures of me arguing with coolers yet), and more than willing to spice up your next gathering!

Submissions: 57

Posted on Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:31 am

I was hubba whating in relation to your beard, Kim, in true NEMF style, My administrator was a little inebriated while typing that message.

Submissions: 79

Posted on Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:01 am

i have been trying to get my beard to grow a beard, but as of yet...unsuccessful.

kim

PSA: remember to stretch.
3.o is fixing everything.

Submissions: 9

Posted on Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:16 am

Compliments of shake:

Submissions: 57

Posted on Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:30 am

THIS IS MAILLEFEST... err... I mean Sparta crap I don't know what I mean

@Kim, I suggest a Guinness and Whiskey diet.

Submissions: 79

Posted on Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:14 am

i tried that diet for an evening. my salvation was the curry house.

kim

PSA: remember to stretch.
3.o is fixing everything.

Submissions: 9

Posted on Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:54 pm

Looks awesome, I'll deff be attending next year

Posted on Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:06 am

Wow lots of pics glad you had fun.

Submissions: 1

Posted on Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:59 am

... 10 years later.

In a couple months it'll be 10 years since the biggest MAIL get-together we ever had.

At the time, I only somewhat appreciated that it was a fairly perfect storm that let so many friends visit each other that summer. At the time the forums were 200 times as active as they are now, and there were maybe 10 people on the Board of Directors here, almost all putting in time daily to keep the place active and running. Despite being all over the continent 6 of us somehow met within a 2 week period. Being on the opposite side of a different country I knew I wasn't going to be back every year, but I figured maybe every 4 or 5. Didn't turn out that way.

Got a new passport a couple weeks ago, and remembered the last time I'd gotten a new passport, the couple days before I made this trip.

I don't know if I ever posted the pics after the gathering.

Rose, Phong, Meryl and I went back to Phong and Mer's place in Pittsburgh where they hosted us. Rose flew home to return to work a few days later, but her flight stopped over for a few hours in... Denver I think, where Angie (Angkay) was. Angie drove out to meet her and they got to have lunch. I never did, and a few years later Angie took her own life. Argentum's gone too now, tragically passed away in his sleep a couple years back.

I (over)stayed at Phong's place and they took me around to see a bunch of exciting things. Giant flea markets that go for a mile, the biggest roller coaster park in the world, the most dense strip of bars in the country, and eventually up to Canada where we got to meet Dave Austin (Chainmaille Basket) just outside of Niagara Falls and spend the afternoon at his place.

Later we drove up to Toronto and met Daemon Lotos and his girlfriend, who then took us to hang out with Shiz.

Phong and Meryl handed me off to DL where I (over)stayed and eventually met up with CDNAndrew, who hung out with me for the night and eventually dropped me off at family in Toronto for a few days before I flew home.

Phong, Muirgheal, Dave Austin & I:

Drew and I:

Me, Rose, Muirgheal & Phong:

Shiz, Me, Phong (keys), DL, and Meryl:

That summer's easily among the top 3 memories I associate with this community Smile

Anyway, for the occasional few who'll realize the same and stumble back across here some day, thought I'd share.

Jump to:  
Page 3 of 3. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3