Need Patterns
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Requests

Submissions: 0

Need Patterns
Posted on Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:18 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

I am looking for patterns to a quantum rose,,, it is so beautiful and I cant find a pattern..
I also would like a pattern to a dodecanedron..
does anyone know where I can get these.. I have seen the items although they may be unique to that person not sure..I am brand new to maille..
thanks marla

Submissions: 0

Posted on Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:19 pm

Quantum Rose is a pendant (or unit, however you want to look at it) by BlueBuddah I believe. No tutorial exists for it because it's solely her creation and she's not written and submitted one. You might try contacting her directly, I believe she sells all sorts of kits now. She may have a kit with instructions for this unit, or she may even make one up for you.

I'd say do the same with the other item your looking for.

Submissions: 23

Posted on Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:05 pm

Blue Buddha has posted on her facebook group page that Quantum Rose isn't going to be offered to the public.

From BB's post:

"Oh, sorry to disappoint, but this is one design we won't ever sell the instructions to. There are some secrets an artist has to keep. We will divulge most anything, except, well, the Quantum Rose...."

I can't blame her for wanting to keep something to herself, as she is pretty unselfish when it comes to other aspects of her art.

Steellord
Maille Artisan
ICQ# 24735418
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There are 4 boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo.
Use in that order.

Submissions: 3

Posted on Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:25 pm

I took a look at Blue Buddha’s quantum rose pendant. It’s really just a helm flower with some extra rings on the faces and through the middle. If you coil and cut your own rings, it shouldn’t be too hard to figure out the approximate sizes. I made some helm flower earrings sometime last year…

And you can see they’re similar in construction to the quantum rose pattern. As I see it, the issue is mainly one of AR combinations, not really the pattern, which is fairly simple.

Jeffrey

"Blar diddy blar diddy blar blar." - Blar

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1