coin bag
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Requests

Submissions: 0

coin bag
Posted on Thu Jul 17, 2003 2:40 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

i know there probably everywhere, but i am having a hard time finding a good guide as how to make a coin/dice bag. I'm a newbie, so it would help if someone were to tell me where to go for such info. thanks. Smile

Submissions: 14

Posted on Thu Jul 17, 2003 4:51 am

Make a "coif expansion" 4 or 5 rows wide for the bottom, then straight walls for the side..

expansion bottom, by row:
* 1 ring in the center
* 6 rings for next row
* 12 rings, 6 of which are "expansion" rings
* 18 rings (6 expansion rings)
* 24 rings (you get the gist...)

then fill out the field with straight 4-in-1, last row skipping every other ring..

Leather cord (shoestrings Smile ) through last row, bead on cord to cinch it up tight...

Alternately, you could make two rectangular panels of e4n1, stitch up the sides with a row of corduroy and the bottom with 3/4 persian, make a flap and latch it with a toggle clasp..

Good luck to ya Smile

Mayhaps I'll do up a tutorial on both sometime..

Submissions: 74

Posted on Thu Jul 17, 2003 9:41 am

i will be submiting a tut here soon, that i've been woking on. it may help you out a bit.

maille Code V2.0 T8.3 R6.4 Ep.f Fper Mfe.s Wsg$ Cpw$ G0.25-2.5 I0.5-30 N31.31 Pa Dacdjw Xa27g37w1 S94

Submissions: 32

Posted on Wed Aug 13, 2003 3:57 pm

I've found that one with a drawstring at the top will also close up better if small dags (tree or so rows wide) are added to the top edge. run the string through through the small end of the dags and the opening will close up a bit better because less rings have to be gathered up tightly

Submissions: 14

Posted on Sat Jul 24, 2004 4:26 am

what i did for mine was make a 4-1 sheet about 11 rows wide and and depending on how big you want to make your bag is up to you but i just made a big sheet and folded it over a seemed it and then seemed up the bottom and i was done

i have also just posed a picture of it in the gallery but no telling when it will be up

Submissions: 11

Posted on Sat Jul 24, 2004 6:08 am

http://www.mailleartisans.org/articles/articledisplay.cgi?key=5819

There ya go. I made a pouch that way, its pretty simple. Just one thing i noticed, you may need to use a ring that is slightly larger than the others for the bottom ring. I used a 5/16" ring while the rest of the pouch was 1/4". All 16ga.

Vlad

"The fool hath said in his heart, there is no God"
Psalm 14:1

"Evolution is unproved and unprovable. We believe it only because the only alternative is special creation, and that is unthinkable."
Sir Arthur Keith

"You might be a liberal if you don't trust honest Americans with automatic weapons, but you do trust the government with them."

"Those who cast the votes decide nothing, those who count the votes decide everything."
Stalin

Some of my items are for sale on www.maillemarket.com , thank you.

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1