WANTED: Buy or trade; your spare rings
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Trading Room

Submissions: 0

WANTED: Buy or trade; your spare rings
Posted on Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:27 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

Hey guys. Im just starting out with chianmaille and i really want to start working on some projects... the problem is i dont have money to go out and buy alot of rings. -.-;; I was wondering if anyone had any spare rings they arnt going to use or have just lying around? If you would like some cash for them i have a few bucks i can offer up. I have a buissness and i could even give you some of the profit when i sell it if you would like to do it that way. I just need to get some rings and i cant afford to get the ones i need off of a site right now.

Anyone interested?

Also im looking for soda tabs so if anyone has any laying around they dont want id like to make some really cool stuff with that. Coif Smiley

Submissions: 7

Posted on Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:11 am

Would coils work? Smile I got some 14 ga. aluminum and galvy wire that I can whip up if you need some! Or are you looking for smaller rings for jewelry?

Posted on Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:27 pm

well i have no way of cutting the coils. I have a small pair of snips that cant cut through something that tough. If you had something a little smaller that would be great. Smile

Submissions: 7

Posted on Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:22 pm

Sad Sadly I don't have any smaller mandrels...Sorry Nick!

Posted on Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:34 pm

That's fine. Thank you though. Smile

Submissions: 6

Posted on Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:34 am

Nick, I've seen some of your work in the other forums. Would you be willing to trade one of your finished pieces for some stainless rings? I'm not sure I want to part with them just yet though. Got an order recently from TRL and the stainless rings are a bear to work with, 18 g 1/4". I got some other sizes but have not tried those yet. Saw cut closures, I cleaned them but they have not been tumbled.

Let me give it another whirl later tonight and I will let you know for sure what I have available, size and quantities.

Posted on Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:50 am

Ok, that sounds good.

Submissions: 337

Posted on Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:58 am

Is there such a thing as 'spare rings'?

if I didn't have to pay overseas postage I could probably find something but I don't know what.

Maille Code
V2.0 T7.3 R5.4 Ep Feur MAg/Cu Wm$ Cbjpw$ G0.5/3.0 I1.5/12.0 N322.150 Pajs Dacdjsw Xa7g631p4t24w64 S88 Hipsu

Posted on Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:34 pm

That's ok. Im just trying to find as much as i can as cheaply as i can. Very Happy Eventally once i start making money ill be able to go out and get it myself but from where i stand right now my buissness account is at -100 and my personal account, i dont know if ill have enough money for gas until the next paycheck. Sad That's why i appreciat anything anyone can send me. Coif Smiley

Posted on Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:02 pm

Legba3 wrote:

THAT was my thought! I'm almost ready for that middle-of-the-night-dumpster-diving party, Legba!

A friend will help you move... A true friend will help you move the body.

Maille CodeV1.0T4.1R3.8FbyzMtWhCwG1.290/0.511I6.5/2.0PjDjS08

Submissions: 6

Posted on Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:17 pm

Nick, I have decided that even at the thinnest gauge (20), I am having a hard time with the stainless. I thought only the bigger gauges would fight me, but geez, all but the 22 was a pain in the butt.

I have the whole lot I will let go for what I paid plus USPS priority flat rate, which is like 5 bucks. I will take paypal too. Check your PM's.

Submissions: 3

Posted on Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:55 pm

Carys wrote:
Nick, I have decided that even at the thinnest gauge (20), I am having a hard time with the stainless. I thought only the bigger gauges would fight me, but geez, all but the 22 was a pain in the butt.

If the pain's in your butt, you're not using your forearms enough! Razz

Actually, I'm sort of the opposite... I don't like the lighter gauges in stainless. I prefer using 16,18, and 20g, and I don't like 20g in 3/16" or larger, its too flimsy.

Jeffrey

"Blar diddy blar diddy blar blar." - Blar

Submissions: 9

Posted on Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:50 pm

Legba3 wrote:

Exactly. Even if I have one ring left of a size, I keep it. You never know when it comes in handy...

<a href="http://www.mailleartisans.org/articles/articledisplay.cgi?key=55086">Maille Code</a> V2.0 T6.3 R4.9 Eo Fhyb MFe.s Wci$ Cbc$ G2.3/0.129 I16.5-1.0 N29.26 Pn Dacdejs Xg23p1t2w1 S07

Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae. [Of all these the Belgians are the bravest/strongest.]
- Gaius Iulius Caesar, De Bello Gallico I 3

Posted on Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:36 pm

I think i got scammed. -.-;; Someone said that i can have their spare rings, i just had to pay for shipping. It started out with 2 or 3 pounds, went up to 4 and ended up they were saying their gonna send me 7 pounds of rings for $18. I figured that would be too good to be true. It's been over 2 weeks, it's from canada, same place the ring lord is from and it took 1 week for my sample rings to come in from them. Im thinking the person took the money and ran. Sad They said they shipped it a few days after recieving the paypal payment.

What do you guys think, am i jumping too soon?

Submissions: 3

Posted on Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:37 am

Nick87453 wrote:

What do you guys think, am i jumping too soon?

I'd give it a few more days, TRL has been able to expedite their shipping time through Customs, so Average Joe's stuff might take a little longer. If you used PayPal, you should have some recourse.

Jeffrey

"Blar diddy blar diddy blar blar." - Blar

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 2. Goto page 1, 2  Next