Knitting for the troops
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Group Projects

Submissions: 0

Knitting for the troops
Posted on Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:22 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

Hi everyone!
I am a volunteer for a wonderful group called Operation Gratitude that sends care packages to our troops overseas.
We have now begun to knit scarves to put into the care packages to send over the holidays. It gets very cold over there at night and the soldiers love to receive knitted items from the folks back home! You can knit anything you'd like but scarves are the fastest and easiest, so if you'd like to participate please contact me and let's get started!!!
Thank you so much for your care and help for this wonderful cause.
Sincerely,
Sharon Howard
sharhoward39@yahoo.com

Submissions: 32

Posted on Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:31 pm

thats an awesome idea, sorry i cant knit, but i suport you fully!

Get off my lawn you damned whippersnappers!
(im 17 by the way XP!!)

Kyle.

Submissions: 4

Posted on Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:34 am

i really should crochet up some hats and scarves with my scrap yarn, i saw "knitting for our troops" and my first thought was "does a modern soldier really need a coif?"

don't mind us, its the blind leading the stupid over here.

Knit for the troops
Posted on Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:03 am

Being a former soldier, and a veteran of the first Persian Gulf War, I know one of the things we always appreciated recieving from home, was things to make our food a little different. MRE's can get pretty boring after awhile. Things like hotsauce, garlic, season salt..stuff like that can make that stuff taste almost edible. I would be willing to pitch in on this project!!

Posted on Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:34 am

i saw "knitting for our troops" and my first thought was "does a modern soldier really need a coif?"[/quote]

lol, just had a giggle at that one...good idea, although I`m useless with yarn...

eadig

Posted on Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:13 am

rhiannonthewolf wrote:
i really should crochet up some hats and scarves with my scrap yarn, i saw "knitting for our troops" and my first thought was "does a modern soldier really need a coif?"

Nope, but I used to weave in the back of my Warrior on a regular basis, to the eternal amusement of the rest of my squad. If I heard "I know the issue body armour isn't up to much, but surely things aren't that desperate?" or something along those lines once, I must have heard it a hundred times.

Joking aside, you're actually closer than you think - knitted, crochet or sewn helmet liners were always a boon when it was cold. Or when a particularly vindictive RSM wakes you up with a shovel, but that's another story.

"I think I know what I did wrong!"

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1