rewards?
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Group Projects

Submissions: 79

rewards?
Posted on Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:15 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

what would people think about filling blaises' and cohorts' mailboxes with cool stuff? they work their butts off for a few "thanks".

i don't know what i could send off.. but i'm going to look around and see what i can come up with.. i think it would be cool to give them some things.. random pieces of maille, or.. i don't know. something that we think they may enjoy.. as a sort of thanks for doing all this work. a thanks they can hold in their hand and enjoy until the end of time.

i see people say "hey can we do this" and what they really mean is, "blaise.. cohort.. could -you- do this?"

maybe it would be cool to make two big group projects for them.. but that might be wishful thinking.

i'm sure blaise'll come in here saying, "you dont have to do that." or something along those lines.. but you know what. i don't have to do ANYTHING. i -want- to.

kim

PSA: remember to stretch.
3.o is fixing everything.

Submissions: 3

Posted on Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:19 pm

Hmm. I haven't been on all that long, but I can already see what a difference all the "biggies" in maille make. The hard thing would be coming up with something that they'd appreciate and had some significance. Sending them random patches of 4-1, for example, just wouldn't be as cool as if we could all get together and make some sculpture or something as a gift.

Ooh, just got a punny idea. Someone starts a project of maille, we have it all planned out with a bunch of volunteers, and you weave a bit, then mail it to the next house on the list. Then maybe we could send it to one of our hardworking members, and they could 'christen' (sp?) it by inserting the final ring. Heh. Then we'd have chain mail, or perhaps chain letters!

Aah, my random idiocy.

Submissions: 0

Posted on Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:48 am

Cephylon wrote:

Ooh, just got a punny idea. Someone starts a project of maille, we have it all planned out with a bunch of volunteers, and you weave a bit, then mail it to the next house on the list. Then maybe we could send it to one of our hardworking members, and they could 'christen' (sp?) it by inserting the final ring. Heh. Then we'd have chain mail, or perhaps chain letters!

Aah, my random idiocy.

ok, Cepylon, that is a really big pun, but thats a great idea, unfortuanetely, according to murphys law, something there would go wrong, if we could get ALOT of volunteers who promised to do something meaningful to it and promised to actually pass it on, then the only question would be, what should we make.

Submissions: 93

Re: rewards?
Posted on Tue Apr 13, 2004 2:35 am || Last edited by Blaise on Tue Apr 13, 2004 3:02 am; edited 1 time in total

sakredchao wrote:
i'm sure blaise'll come in here saying, "you dont have to do that."

you don't have to do that. Coif LoL I hate to disappoint.....

Seriously, If anyone wants to thank me for the time I put in (I won't speak for cohort), just put in some time or money of your own! (not that many of you don't already)

I love this place, and our community, and the best thing I can think of is to keep it growing and getting better.

Or, you could send me a few pounds of 16 and 18AWG 1/8" sterling rings... Wink

Really, though, there are a lot of people making this site happen. It's team effort...

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."

George Bernard Shaw

Maille Code V1.0 T5.7 R5.1 Fhd MCu Wc Cd G2.03/.56 I9.75/3.25 Pn Dacdjs S97 CCi

Posted on Tue Apr 13, 2004 2:46 am

loose rings -are- a good idea.

i like the idea of chain mail, however.. it would be sad if someone just held onto it.. or let it sit saying "i'll get to it this week" for a couple years.

sterling is unlikely, but i could probably send you some 17ga ti..

any perferred id?

i dont have my tools here, so it'll be a bit before this happens.. probbly in may or june.

cohort? i'll take the remainder of my 17ga ti and cut it up.. i somehow feel like mari and woody should get something too..

it's sort of why mari left.. (i think).. cause she felt unappreciated. don't want that to happen again. she worked so hard for this place. i'm glad to see her limited involvement recently. maybe i'll split it up 4 ways?? i don't there there'd be much of it then.. maybe split the ti 2 ways, and then find something else for the other 2..

we have to take care of the coders.

another thought.. blaise has a group project going on.. maybe we could just mail him some patches.

kim

Submissions: 3

Posted on Tue Apr 13, 2004 10:19 pm

Yeah, I suppose that I didn't think of people storing or stealing. It almost seems like that'd be something you'd do at a gathering. There would also be shipping costs. As the item grows, the price rises. There might be the issue of what to make.

Although loose rings would be useful, they couldn't exactly point to an inlay or something on the wall and say, "Look, this ring here, this one, and, oh, that one on the left, were given to me by my admirers on MAIL." to their grandchildren. I'm just sayin it'd be cool if it had some value behind it. 'Course, just watch as all the aforemetnioned 'donees' pipe up, "Oh, no I wouldn't mind rings at all. Rings ARE valuable. Do you know how much that wire costs?" They already started that. Razz

Or maybe I'm a sentimental cynic. (some oxymoron, huh!)

Submissions: 62

Posted on Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:23 am

Da** do they deserve it

i would send money but your not allowed to send currency by mail

how else should i get it to someone

i dont really want to get a moneyorder then send to to lorenzo (i thihk he is in canada and thats a ways off) and the currency exchange

<a href="http://www.greatbodyofwater.blogspot.com">Great Body Of Water Music Blog</a> run by me and my friend.

Posted on Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:40 am

you can get a money order and almost any post office, grocery store or bank.

kim

Submissions: 62

Posted on Wed Apr 14, 2004 3:29 am

i know that but it has to be converted to canadian if it goes to lorenzo right?? he is in canada after all right??

i have no clue

EDIT a donation to the site i just gave in the form of an article but i will sendd money ASAP when i figure out how i will

<a href="http://www.greatbodyofwater.blogspot.com">Great Body Of Water Music Blog</a> run by me and my friend.

Submissions: 0

Posted on Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:59 am

Hi, I just saw this topic still showing in google, sorry but thread is really interesting

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1