Organisation of articles
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Articles Discussion

Submissions: 83

Posted on Sat Jan 01, 2000 5:00 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

Where should we put articles on... process. Right now there are two articles in the armour section, on on how many rings you can fit into at Japanese 6-1 at different sizes, and one I just sent in about putting scales to a maille backing. Neither is quite about armour per se... but nor do they really fit in another catagory. Are all articles which have some application to making armour/clothing type stuff, but are not patterns, going to go in the armour section?

excellent, repeating is good, keep repeating.
>=)

There are only 2 things in life that we can be assured of: Somethings will never stop changing, and some things will never change.

Submissions: 0

Your trying to draw me deeper into the dark side. I will just keep repeating myself if I keep posting on this discussion.

Your trying to draw me deeper into the dard
side. I will just keep repeating myself if I
keep posting on this discussion.

Always question what you know before you question what other people know. So you know some facts huh? where'd you get them facts from? Facts come from people and people lie. Can you prove what you know?I find it's best to speak from personal experience and never quote fox news.

excellent..welcome to the dark side coyote Very Happy
now as for the paradoxial side of this post, i dont think it's true. we do need discussion about things that do not need to be discussed!! without it, we couldnt prattle on about anything for hours on end! i'd go crazy..well..even more crazy!

There are only 2 things in life that we can be assured of: Somethings will never stop changing, and some things will never change.

Not likely! I couldn't shut up if I tried, and you have every bit the big mouth I do.
I just think that this is a subject that doesn't really require that much discussion.
Aaaaaaargh! I just realized the paradoxical nature of this post! I am having a discussion about not having a discussion. Okay bative, you win. Discuss to your hearts content Razz

Always question what you know before you question what other people know. So you know some facts huh? where'd you get them facts from? Facts come from people and people lie. Can you prove what you know?I find it's best to speak from personal experience and never quote fox news.

so maybe we should shut up eh? Razz

I believe we may be outspoken at times despite good intentions. remember, the road to hell is paved with good intentions. I do believe that this problem is well within administrative grasp. The longer the issue is discussed , the longer it will be until it is resolved.

not to mention our insight on to what 'should' be done, and what 'we' could do to help out Very Happy

Perhaps this would be a discussion that might be better served on the admin discussion boards since you admins are the ones who will have the ultimate responsibility of deciding where the articles belong. Aside from that, you might be free of the onslaught of opinions from bative and myself. Very Happy

yes, list the articles that are out of place, and we'll have a nice friendly discussion of where they should be.Very Happy

I would say this matter could be quickly resolved by providing the full list of articles you think are out of place and what catagory they are currently in. Allow for some discussion on the subject of their proper place, let simmer, add msg flavoring packet and serve. Omit the last part. It's late and I have had far too much coffee.Very Happy

Bumping this up to ask again and see if there is any new perspective. It still seems to me that there are some articles a bit out of place. Like, for example, we have 45 degree seam articles in the European section, and also in the weave section, but under no family. Seems like they should all be togehter. And a few more instances of the like. I suppose it's not too important, but it does bother my desire to... sort. Anyone else? Is it worth moving some articles around so like is more with like? Would people mind having small place changes made?

Submissions: 5

Just remember we have a very functional search engine Uber

Live, Love, Learn!
-Woody NaDobhar

Well, I think we could work within the present system of articles, I'm just not sure how we should. I'm working now on an article about making Japanese sheets curve around 3D surfaces. That's sort of like the instructions for expansions in 4-1 which are in the weave section. But it's not about how to construct a given weave, but how to apply it in general. Not a specific pattern, but applicable to patterns in general... hmmmm... we could just decide that anything like that should go in the armour section. But then the armour section wouldn't be about "armour" would it? Should that be reserved specifically for information on maille for combat use? What are people's reactions to the idea of a (for lack of a better word) tecniques section of articles, where general things that can be done with weaves (expansions, contractions, adding plates and so on) could go? I'm just trying to think of the best way to organize everything consistantly. Or we can just sort of leave it up to the person who does the submitting.

And another thing. What about techniques for adding functionality to a weave, which relates to armour/clothing? Like Dave's 4-1 armpit seam article which is now in the weave section. Should only things about constructing weaves per se be in the weave section, and everything else in another place?

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 2. Goto page 1, 2  Next