Inlay Articles
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Articles Discussion

Submissions: 83

Posted on Sat Jan 01, 2000 5:00 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

The inlay section of the articles page now has content. Only two more empty catagories to go!

Submissions: 45

All right, those look nice! Are you going to be incorporating either into a piece any time soon.

Anybody care to do an article in the history or riveted section? (unfortunately, I don't know much about either...)

I've been gently suggesting to beleraphon that he should do an article on welding, riviting or anodizing (preferably all three Smile ) since they are all things he does. Unfortunatly he's been too busy of late with his non-maille related life. Thanks, I was pretty pleased with the result of both of these. Part of my motivation actually was practice for doing it in anodized aluminum. But on a limited budget collecting enough different colours is a job unto itself. When I get anything put together I'll add pictures of it to the articles.

Submissions: 4

It cant be to hard to anodize at home can it since ive seen an article about how to anodize and "splash" anodize aluminum paintball guns so it cant be all that hard to set something upp to anodize coils and smaller pieces iam gonna look if i cant find that article again and and post the adress here somewhere.
Sound good??

Pinkie:What are we gonna do tonight Brain?
Brain:Samething we do everynight Pinkie.
TAKE OVER THE WORLD!

found some

check these out

http://www.hobbyplating.com/Anodizing.htm
Comercial but good any way to see how they set the place upp

http://www.wavecomputers.net/~robert/paint/anodizing.html
http://www.paintballtimes.com/anodize.htm
These last to seem to be good and they are the same article in two versions but thgey cover fairly good how to etch aluminum so it doesnt give of oxide and also how to anodize.

Hope this helps

TAKE OVER THE WORLD!

Those are some good articles. A bit more straight forward then other's I've seen. I do want to try it some time I think... one problem for me has been finding the acid. Something else which at least gives me pause, is the fact that RIT dye is organic, which means it will break down in UV. (Ever leave colored paper in direct sun for a while? Kinda washes out.) Pro anodizing dye doesn't do that. But that is harder to get and more expensive. Anyway, those are some of the reasons I haven't tried home anodizing, at least for this current project. Some day. (And then I can write an article about that too. Smile ) But thank you for getting a hold of those pages. I'm sure they will be helpful to someone, myself or another.

I dont think you have to use RIT dye and iam sure there are fabric dye's to buy close to you that are lightfast ie lightpermanent

TAKE OVER THE WORLD!

Submissions: 0

From what I have read on the subject, you can use any dye that will not react to electricity or the chemicals used.

Always question what you know before you question what other people know. So you know some facts huh? where'd you get them facts from? Facts come from people and people lie. Can you prove what you know?I find it's best to speak from personal experience and never quote fox news.

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1