M.A.I.L. Website Improvement Wishlist. Your opinions wanted.
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> League Business

Submissions: 1

Posted on Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:04 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

Well, with my newfound BOD status... I suppose I add my own voice in approval of.. myself, as a non-BOD.

Unless that's too horrid a conflict of interests. Smile

Submissions: 77

Posted on Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:00 am

I also extend my BOD voice approval. I just read the entire charter Uber since I guess it's my job to uphold it now. We need one of those ad-hoc commitees for this, and I might like to be on it, with my basic knowledge of website design and coding (not much). I know that we don't really want a formal vote, but doesn't the charter demand it? Since we're asking the BOD to approve our proposal anyway, and since this is probably the single largest initiative MAIL has ever proposed or will in a long time, I think we should. Cynake, since you're now on the BOD you can create the approval vote in the admin discussion (I still can't actually post there, but I pm'ed Blaise about it).

Submissions: 1

Posted on Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:05 am

Tesserex wrote:
I know that we don't really want a formal vote, but doesn't the charter demand it?

Well, not sure. That kind of stuff is more to force a vote I think. We can just decide to do things and go get them done.

An Ad Hoc committee might be the best choice, because then we vote once to say "We give the committee permission to do whatever it needs to do".. and then that's that. Then we don't have to vote again. The committee will do its job, and done.

That is, if it's necessary. Which I don't think it is. We've pretty much passed the vote to approve all the changes themselves.

Posted on Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:45 am

OK, well if you're saying that approval is pretty much granted and that's the next step, then lets get to it! I could help with site design, maybe header stuff. I think we need to create sticky threads about each of the concepts. Before it goes too far - I think that as long as we're redoing a lot of the site, we could make the header an optional frame. Unless its really that screwy in the code that we dont care to work it out.

Edit: Well, right now Criterion is getting her computer fixed, and will check out our ideas and cast a vote when she gets back. However I think we already decided a new header was in order about fifty times, so I think I'll go ahead and use my new power to sticky the first thread about the MAIL site improvement project. I would sticky the one about the newbie page, but I don't know how to stick threads that are already made.

Also - before we forget, I think I like the idea of some kind of world map with pushpins of where the members are, if it can be coded.

Posted on Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:16 pm

BUMP (I edited my last post and thought it would put it at the top of the forum, but it didn't. It probably should.)

edit: nevermind, the header redesign is old, but here:

http://www.mailleartisans.org/board/viewtopic.php?topic=4358&forum=1

And I seem to have forgotten that Criterion already redid a header, the one that's used on the newbie page. I still think some other less used things need to be accessible somehow, like the membership list, which I actually use.

Submissions: 79

Posted on Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:18 pm

i give a go ahead. i'm for most things proposed, and either i'll be around or won't to put in my .02

kim

PSA: remember to stretch.
3.o is fixing everything.

Jump to:  
Page 5 of 5. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5