Article Requests
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Requests

Submissions: 79

Posted on Sat Jan 01, 2000 5:00 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

an article on the use and effectiveness of chemical welds such as JB weld in welding rings of various metals.

kim

PSA: remember to stretch.
3.o is fixing everything.

Submissions: 574

I wouldn't mind seeing a short article on 'antique maille uses'. Such as the dish scrubbers mentioned by sakredchao, along with things like the antique purses of which I know Dweezle has a few.

Chainmailbasket.com (2019-01-01) - 376 + 79

Submissions: 0

I was gonna post this as a new thread, but didn't wanna be too presumptious, since I'm new to the "Board Environment," this is all very new to me. (Even though I work with computers, I fear them)

Anyway, I'd like to see an article on taking your craft to shows, faires and other markets. I realize there's a very helpful checklist in the misc. articles, but I was wondering about what to expect at my first show.

For example, How do I handle the management, do I need a vendors license, What sorts of projects sell the best, etc.

With Rennaisance Faire season fast approaching, I wanted to 'gauge' if I was ready for that kind of experience.

"Never criticize someone until you have walked a mile in their shoes. That way, when you DO criticize them, you are a mile away and you have their shoes."

Submissions: 6

Gauntlets
Posted on Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:28 pm

Wouldn't mind an article on how to do gauntlets. Those joints to the fingers look a bit tricky.

Submissions: 28

Posted on Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:07 am

Aderamelech wrote:
Both good ideas. I like this since sometimes you have the time and all to do an article, but just no real idea of what you would do... would a table of ring# for Japanese 6-1 do? If someone else can do the math and programing perhaps it could be turned into a calculator... probably the sort of thing you want a few people working on to make sure you cover as many ring sizes and wire guages as possible. I suppose I'd be game to collect some data for that. Anyone else?

I would be up for the programming part, if I would be given some solid data to work with. I am a student (3rd year) in an IT college; I am no genius programmer (yet... Very Happy ) but I can handle something like that.
Also, about the user interface: I could make the program a Java applet that could then easily be integrated in a web page, or I could do a standalone downloadable program.
Expecting updates on this project...

... adding ring upon ring, upon ring...

Submissions: 6

Posted on Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:43 pm

A count of rings in japanese 6in1:
a unitcell of 1 flat and 3 vertical rings covers
- (sqrt(3)/2)*(D1+D2)^2 area,
where D1 & D2 are inner diameters of the rings.
So A area would require
- 1.155*A / (D1+D2)^2 flat rings and 3 times that count of vertical.
This leaves dangling ends, but should give a decent estimate.

A simular formula should exist for most sheet weaves.

Submissions: 28

Posted on Sun Sep 19, 2004 8:14 am

So, now that my exams are out of my way Very Happy , I can start doing something for this site and its great community. Uber
I will get to work and probably have something in a few days.
I would like some more data to incorporate in the program.
I would also like to know whether you would prefer a Java-type application that could be incorporated in a web page, or a standalone downloadable program.

... adding ring upon ring, upon ring...

Jump to:  
Page 2 of 2. Goto page Previous  1, 2