Admins!
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> League Business

Submissions: 337

Admins!
Posted on Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:34 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

You still have Narrina listed as weaves admin, she left that a year ago!

Maille Code
V2.0 T7.3 R5.4 Ep Feur MAg/Cu Wm$ Cbjpw$ G0.5/3.0 I1.5/12.0 N322.150 Pajs Dacdjsw Xa7g631p4t24w64 S88 Hipsu

Posted on Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:35 am

Oh just checked
MAKE THAT FOUR YEARS AGO

Maille Code
V2.0 T7.3 R5.4 Ep Feur MAg/Cu Wm$ Cbjpw$ G0.5/3.0 I1.5/12.0 N322.150 Pajs Dacdjsw Xa7g631p4t24w64 S88 Hipsu

Submissions: 28

Posted on Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:03 am

Not sure 4 is the correct number

while(!project.isFinished())
project.addRing();
// Maille Code V2.0 T7.1 R5.6 Eo.n Fper MFe.s Wsm Caws G0.8-1.6 I2.4-8.0 Pn Dcdejst Xw1 S07

Posted on Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:57 am

She told me herself she hasn't been weaves admin for 4 years!

Maille Code

Posted on Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:10 pm

I stand corrected, it's not been four years but it has been over a year and it was requested that her name be removed as weaves admin. Over a year and no one has done it.

Maille Code

Submissions: 42

Posted on Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:04 pm

I don't have the power to do such a thing, but I was also under the impression that she was on a vacation. Haven't had a chance to talk to her lately.
The last year has been a tough one and I am sure it will be taken care of in time.

Would you like to put your name in the hat for her job? If I have been mistaken and she really wants to quit.

Once you stop learning, you stop living, so...
Ask questions.
Try new things.
Share what you know.

MailleCode V2.0 T5.3 R4.4 E0.0 Feur MFe.sBr Wg Cwb G.7-5.1 I3.1-11 N20.5 Pj Dcdjt Xa1w2 S08

Posted on Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:14 am

As far as shes concerned she has quit over a year ago and notified the admins and asked again to have her name removed.
I most definitely don't want the job thanks. I've been there done that and got nothing but stress and bad feeling from the other admins for it. Even if I was allowed to do it the way I think it should be it's unlikely I'd put myself through that again.

Maille Code

Submissions: 42

Posted on Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:17 pm

As a member I always thought that you did a good job and initiated great discussions. That is the only reason I asked.

As an admin I did not know that she stepped down, my fault. She always did a great job, as well as previous admins, and I appreciated her willingness to answer my questions when I needed help. Wish her well for me.

Once you stop learning, you stop living, so...
Ask questions.
Try new things.
Share what you know.

MailleCode V2.0 T5.3 R4.4 E0.0 Feur MFe.sBr Wg Cwb G.7-5.1 I3.1-11 N20.5 Pj Dcdjt Xa1w2 S08

Submissions: 20

Posted on Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:31 pm

Corvus,

Almost like this could have been a PM or something... Confused
Things like that go to my email, and I don't have to find in the forums two weeks late.

Narrina messaged me on Facebook as of 21/07/2018 - I'm not sure if you noticed, but I've been pretty absent from MAIL myself over the past year or so.
Lorraine's death hit me pretty hard, and I've been battling a lot of burnout in regards to a lot of things.

Unimportant.

Narrina 21/07/2018 wrote:
Hi, DL! I wasn't sure how to go about doing this, and (if I'm being honest) I've been debating it for some time now, but, sadly, I believe it is time for me to resign as weaves admin at MAIL. As much as I've loved volunteering in that capacity, I find that I simply no longer have the time required to properly keep on top of the weaves queue. Life is pulling me in some new directions and I need to put as much time/effort into these pursuits as possible right now. I'll still try and drop by MAIL from time to time so I'm not disappearing entirely, but I just do not have the time anymore to dedicate to admin duties as I used to. If anyone there would like to connect with me off of MAIL, they are welcome to do so and can find me on pretty much all major social media platforms. My apologies to whomever comes after me for leaving the submissions queue in what is likely quite a state, but I just don't know when I'd be able to address it and have it (at least mostly) empty so they're not swamped straight off. Please give everyone my regards and best wishes for whomever steps into the position. I love MAIL and hope that it continues to grow as a community.

Daemon_Lotos wrote:
I don’t have time to deal with this this morning, Laura... But trust me, I totally understand ??

I’ll fire you some messages later in the day.

Needless to say, as many things happen, that PM was not to-be-continued, by either of us, and fell by the wayside of life.

Nowhere in there did she request that her name be removed, though that should be pretty standard. It's more to do with the fact that nothing official in the Admin forum has been posted. Neither by Narrina, nor myself.
Please don't make this out to be anything it's not.

Dave and I have spoken via txt, and he's been handling the majority of the Weave stuff in his capacity as Elder in the interim until any of us have the mental capacity to handle this sort of thing.

The bad feelings to which you refer, I won't speak to, as some things need not be dug up.
Suffice it to say, the past is the past. And if you have an important site request, PM me.

That being said, I don't want this to start a litany of PMs by random members suggesting that we remove inactive Board Members based on inaccurate second hand information. These suggestions will obviously not be honoured.

TL;DR: DL's list of site things is long. The footer still shows 2018 for crying out loud. The next person to accuse me of not moving fast enough on something is welcome to offer to help me as well. I accept help in the form of cupcakes, positive affirmation, or general goodwill.

Submissions: 97

Posted on Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:12 pm

I feel I need to make a statement to prevent any misunderstandings there may be: I am not upset with DL about this.

Yes, I messaged him last year about stepping down as weaves admin.
Yes, I was a bit surprised with how long it's been (at least until I remember how difficult last year was with saying goodbye to Lorraine; someone who is very, very much missed), but I'm not actually upset about it.

Corvus, at the time we were talking, I will admit I was a bit frustrated over it, and believe I may have said things other than how I actually feel about it because of that. For that, my apologies, I know you only wanted to help. My frustrations are not because of not being removed yet as an admin, but that I've gotten PMs that I've felt awkward answering. I've been concerned about member reaction over not knowing it yet and afraid if it came from anyone other than another of the admins that it may get people upset. There has been a very strong anti-admin attitude here for some time that has always bothered me. I didn't want this to add to it and cause any (false) accusations.

I didn't make an official post because I had wanted to step out quietly. This was why I chose to message DL instead and was just waiting for when he was able to let others know. If I had felt the need to, I would have messaged him again about it privately.

Please, don't anyone get upset over this. Also, as mentioned in the message DL quoted from me, if anyone would like to connect with me outside of MAIL they are welcome to do so.

Insistence is futile.

We are the Quartz, lower your shovels and surrender your rocks. We will add your gemological and mineralogical distinctiveness to our own. You will adapt to service us. Resistance is rutile.

Handmaden Designs LLC
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Handmade Artists Shop
Author Website

Submissions: 576

Posted on Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:39 pm

Daemon_Lotos wrote:
Dave and I have spoken via txt, and he's been handling the majority of the Weave stuff in his capacity as Elder in the interim until any of us have the mental capacity to handle this sort of thing.

Unfortunately my capacity is limited in this respect, due to my personal weave definition being somewhat on the conservative side of things. To put it another way: I’m running out of arrows in my quiver of weave evaluation ability.

M.A.I.L. not having a weave admin/committee is something that needs to be addressed.

Chainmailbasket.com (2019-01-01) - 376 + 79

Submissions: 9

Posted on Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:00 am

About half of the BoD are gone, stepped down, or long inactive. At the very least you might officially remove a couple obvious names from the official list so people, especially eager newbies, stop trying to contact these people over various things they want done.

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1