duplicate weaves
View previous topic | View next topic >
Post new topic Reply to topic
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Weaves Discussion
   
Author Message

Joined: August 30, 2010
Posts: 602
Submissions: 15

Reply with quote
Posted on Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:21 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

Chainmailbasket_com wrote:
Karpeth wrote:
[weave=Half Persian 4 in 1 Sheet 5] uses the same picture as Half Persian 4 Sheet 6 in 1...

Just wanted to drop that here.


It does. It’s definitely 6 in 1. That one’s been in the delete queue since October. *poof*


What about Bative’s staggered Half persiska, then. They’re even more identical. Wink


Total Nerd: MScDS, Mailler, Gamer. Fluent in c++.

Joined: March 26, 2002
Posts: 1895
Submissions: 574
Location: Chainmailland, Chainmailia

Reply with quote
Posted on Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:17 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

Karpeth wrote:
What about Bative’s staggered Half persiska, then. They’re even more identical. Wink


I’m not sure what you’re referring to.


Chainmailbasket.com (2019-01-01) - 376 + 79

Joined: August 30, 2010
Posts: 602
Submissions: 15

Reply with quote
Posted on Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:06 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

Chainmailbasket_com wrote:
Karpeth wrote:
What about Bative’s staggered Half Persian, then. They’re even more identical. Wink


I’m not sure what you’re referring to.


Staggered Half Persian 3-1 Sheet 6-1 and Half Persian 3 in 1 Sheet 6 in 1 (Staggered). I would Barely call them a weave, let alone 2.


Total Nerd: MScDS, Mailler, Gamer. Fluent in c++.

Joined: March 26, 2002
Posts: 1895
Submissions: 574
Location: Chainmailland, Chainmailia

Reply with quote
Posted on Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:23 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

I see what you mean.


Chainmailbasket.com (2019-01-01) - 376 + 79

Joined: August 30, 2010
Posts: 602
Submissions: 15

Reply with quote
Posted on Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:59 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

Are you able to delete weaves, btw?


Total Nerd: MScDS, Mailler, Gamer. Fluent in c++.

Joined: March 26, 2002
Posts: 1895
Submissions: 574
Location: Chainmailland, Chainmailia

Reply with quote
Posted on Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:28 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

Karpeth wrote:
Are you able to delete weaves, btw?


Yes. But this is done very sparingly. That last one was an obvious mistake.


Chainmailbasket.com (2019-01-01) - 376 + 79

Joined: August 30, 2010
Posts: 602
Submissions: 15

Reply with quote
Posted on Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:38 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

Chainmailbasket_com wrote:
Karpeth wrote:
Are you able to delete weaves, btw?


Yes. But this is done very sparingly. That last one was an obvious mistake.


Like the staggered above? Wink

I can understand some, but now several weaves have an editors note that they are the same? Wink


Total Nerd: MScDS, Mailler, Gamer. Fluent in c++.

Joined: October 22, 2010
Posts: 691
Submissions: 390
Location: Yucaipa, CA

Reply with quote
Posted on Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:50 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

Kaede 6-1 is the same as Harmony 6 in 1 Chain



Joined: March 26, 2002
Posts: 1895
Submissions: 574
Location: Chainmailland, Chainmailia

Reply with quote
Posted on Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:21 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

mithrilweaver wrote:
Kaede 6-1 is the same as Harmony 6 in 1 Chain


How would you like for this to be handled? I ask because the latter mentioned was submitted by yourself after the Kaede. So it could be deleted, or I could editor note each one to link them. If you opt to remove Harmony, I would hope to see its image end up in the gallery.


Chainmailbasket.com (2019-01-01) - 376 + 79

Joined: August 30, 2010
Posts: 602
Submissions: 15

Reply with quote
Posted on Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:23 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

Chainmailbasket_com wrote:
mithrilweaver wrote:
Kaede 6-1 is the same as Harmony 6 in 1 Chain


How would you like for this to be handled? I ask because the latter mentioned was submitted by yourself after the Kaede. So it could be deleted, or I could editor note each one to link them. If you opt to remove Harmony, I would hope to see its image end up in the gallery.


Isn’t it routine to remove the Young one?


Total Nerd: MScDS, Mailler, Gamer. Fluent in c++.

Joined: March 26, 2002
Posts: 1895
Submissions: 574
Location: Chainmailland, Chainmailia

Reply with quote
Posted on Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:05 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

Karpeth wrote:
Chainmailbasket_com wrote:
mithrilweaver wrote:
Kaede 6-1 is the same as Harmony 6 in 1 Chain


How would you like for this to be handled? I ask because the latter mentioned was submitted by yourself after the Kaede. So it could be deleted, or I could editor note each one to link them. If you opt to remove Harmony, I would hope to see its image end up in the gallery.


Isn’t it routine to remove the Young one?


Certainly not, or else several weave entries might over time have been replaced with those having a better picture. But even that would have been problematic for people with bookmarks to certain entries.

Making a new one entry and getting rid of an old one would be a slap in the face to the original submitter. An exception to this would be if the original submitter didn’t mind, in which case the picture itself would be replaced.

Maybe I don’t understand what you mean. Confused


Chainmailbasket.com (2019-01-01) - 376 + 79

Joined: August 30, 2010
Posts: 602
Submissions: 15

Reply with quote
Posted on Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:53 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

Chainmailbasket_com wrote:
Karpeth wrote:
Chainmailbasket_com wrote:
mithrilweaver wrote:
Kaede 6-1 is the same as Harmony 6 in 1 Chain


How would you like for this to be handled? I ask because the latter mentioned was submitted by yourself after the Kaede. So it could be deleted, or I could editor note each one to link them. If you opt to remove Harmony, I would hope to see its image end up in the gallery.


Isn’t it routine to remove the Young one?


Certainly not, or else several weave entries might over time have been replaced with those having a better picture. But even that would have been problematic for people with bookmarks to certain entries.

Making a new one entry and getting rid of an old one would be a slap in the face to the original submitter. An exception to this would be if the original submitter didn’t mind, in which case the picture itself would be replaced.

Maybe I don’t understand what you mean. Confused


Now I am confused. Don’t we usually keep the old one and remove the new (young) one?


Total Nerd: MScDS, Mailler, Gamer. Fluent in c++.

Joined: March 26, 2002
Posts: 1895
Submissions: 574
Location: Chainmailland, Chainmailia

Reply with quote
Posted on Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:41 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

Oops, yes. I misinterpreted what you said, my bad.

But that’s what I said in my direct response to mithrilweaver.

I need to bloody break from this.


Chainmailbasket.com (2019-01-01) - 376 + 79

Joined: October 22, 2010
Posts: 691
Submissions: 390
Location: Yucaipa, CA

Reply with quote
Posted on Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:22 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

please remove my entry, put my pic in the gallery, and tag the pic to the old entry (if you can do that).



Joined: March 26, 2002
Posts: 1895
Submissions: 574
Location: Chainmailland, Chainmailia

Reply with quote
Posted on Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:05 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

mithrilweaver: would you please put in a deletion request for the weave, and then submit it to the gallery? There is no mechanism in place to transfer items already in the weave library over to the gallery.


Chainmailbasket.com (2019-01-01) - 376 + 79

Post new topic Reply to topic
Jump to:  
Page 5 of 5. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
All times are GMT. The time now is Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:02 am
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Weaves Discussion
Display posts from previous: