Does this weave have a name?
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Weaves Discussion

Submissions: 0

Does this weave have a name?
Posted on Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:29 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByZX6jwHYfC/

I've done Sweetpea (1-2-2-1) and I'm starting on Fieldstone (1-1-2-2) and then I got the idea for this (2-1-1-2). It's simple enough that I expect someone's done it before, but I couldn't find a picture of it (but maybe I just didn't know the right terms to search for).

If there isn't an established name for it, then I nominate "Sour Grapes" (since it's an inversion of Sweetpea).

Submissions: 388

Posted on Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:05 am

i think that's new. it's different from medo-persian too.

Submissions: 28

Posted on Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:48 pm

Sweetpea, Fieldstone, and Medo-Persian are definitely the easier similar weaves to find (because they have articles written about them Medo-Persian; Fieldstone and Sweetpea - The Differences).
Others similar looking weaves include Don't Hit Your Sister / I MEAN IT!, Helm's Deep Chain, Moon42, Fleur-de-lis, Y-Weave, Soyuz, Absolve, One and a Half Persian, along with some other moon- and sleep- weaves.

I'd probably describe it as a inverted Sweetpea. Put 2 rings where 1 rings are and 1 ring where 2 rings are. Super close to Fleur-de-lis, but the 1-rings aren't the same.

while(!project.isFinished())
project.addRing();
// Maille Code V2.0 T7.1 R5.6 Eo.n Fper MFe.s Wsm Caws G0.8-1.6 I2.4-8.0 Pn Dcdejst Xw1 S07

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1