my adminship
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Admin Discussion

Submissions: 79

my adminship
Posted on Sun Oct 19, 2003 1:41 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

i love you guys.. i just read the thread concerning the current issue. it's nice that you still consider me an admin, despite the fact that i haven't posted in ages.. i don't maille much anymore.. and i have no official post at MAIL. (well, woody gave me a token position of the designated talker, but i've been slackin that regard.)

i didn't receive one of the emails that people were talking aout, i just sort of stumbled on the site and saw that the same old nonsense was being regurgitated.

bah, not to get into that again, but the reason i'm posting.

i don't know that i need to be an admin anymore. i mean, i don't care if the code says i am.. so long as people know that it's not my bag anymore. i'll drop in sometimes to say hi.. but i never look in this forum. you guys do a great job, and don't really need my input as more than a member. the internet is like that.. like water. always moving and changing. the old makes way for the new.

i want to especially commend drax for remembering what we started this thing on. that attitude and spirit is important to keep. i can't say that i would always have it in a position of authority.. i'm a bit reactionary at time, as some of you older members may recall.

i still love MAIL. i believe in MAIL as much as i ever did.. i'll hopefully be in a position to donate soon (i know i've been saying that for awhile... but money is a fickle thing in the life of kim.) and i'll be holding teaching workshops, perhaps in the name of MAIL if the group doens't mind, but that is another thread in another forum.

anyway, thanks for the good work, and for keping your heads far better than i ever did.

kim

PSA: remember to stretch.
3.o is fixing everything.

Submissions: 15

Posted on Mon Oct 20, 2003 11:33 am

Kim,

sorry to hear, but I've always considered you an admin, and a good one too. please stop in once in awhile to say hello, and ask 'is bative in intensive care yet?' Smile , hope to hear from you soon.

-Andy

thousands of rings, sure chance of slip 'n jab, what are we watin' for?

Submissions: 45

Posted on Mon Oct 20, 2003 12:45 pm

Ahh, that's one of the things I really like about you, kim -- your ability to speak passionately on a subject and then immediately bring up a counterpoint to it. Very Happy

You'll always have friends and a home here at MAIL. Whether that's with an admin title or not, I'm not sure anyone minds.

Submissions: 83

Posted on Mon Oct 20, 2003 7:19 pm

I agree with you both..
you've definitly been such an influence, and your none-too-often posts are usually very intensely enlightening. (I think it's good to have a few of the people who were around when MAIL was created to voice thier say amongst many topics..)
but yea...definitly agreeing with drax. You've made friends and a great home here, just make sure you keep the home fires burning Smile

There are only 2 things in life that we can be assured of: Somethings will never stop changing, and some things will never change.

Posted on Tue Oct 21, 2003 3:37 am

i like to drop in when i can.. unfortunately the computer at my moms.. (one of the only times i have net access long enough to visit MAIL,) won't read MAIL's forums.. so not only can i not reply. but can't even read.

i will always appreciate MAIL.. i wanted MAIL before anyone ever mentioned it.. on my tripod site, i called it "the guild".. and recieved submissions from a coupe of people.. fortunately MAIL members had more resources than lil ol me.

drax probably remembers how hard i pushed MAIL in the beginning.. i think education is important and MAIL is one of the only maille sites solely dedicated to "the education and advancement..." thereof

anyway.. i appreciate the welcome feelings. i was just sort of saying that i'm really just a regular member type person these days.. haha.. a -good- admin? guess i haven't tried hard enough. although, being able to address you guys here is sort of.. EMPOWERING..

/me reads "My MAIL" in the navigation bar.
/me runs off to approve naked maille pictures and repetative weaves.

kim

Submissions: 15

Posted on Tue Oct 21, 2003 6:52 pm

ahh, did i say good, i meant passable Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

no, i mean it, after loosing Mari, seeing you go will be a real kick in the rings Surprised Surprised

hope you do come back often

thousands of rings, sure chance of slip 'n jab, what are we watin' for?

Posted on Sat Oct 25, 2003 5:17 pm

haha.. seeing me gone? i'm here more as a member than as an admin. i'm here.. i'm just... not an official leader. i just like being able to break the rules.. and an admin really shouldn't, whereas it's sort of okay for a member to do. hha.. Wink \

trust me i'm goingto try to help you guys.. like this thread i'm about to post, as a member, in the requests forum. that should help you a lot in the future.

kim

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1