Where to sell?
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Knitting Circle

Submissions: 0

Where to sell?
Posted on Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:27 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

I've had an etsy shop and looked into zibbet and facebook. Where do you all recommend as the best place to sell your work?

Submissions: 76

Posted on Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:45 pm

Welcome to the forum. There is a lot to learn here, and many threads and articles about selling.

I would recommend learning about overhead costs before you get too far into trying to sell stuff. I found the fees and time involved made Etsy not worthwhile for me. YMMV Cutters

Submissions: 388

Posted on Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:37 am

i tried etsy. didn't like it. i used to do ebay, but that stopped working too. ren fairs have been my best venue, but i don't do that anymore either. now, i only sell on my website. i don't recommend any other selling site because you end up giving them fees and/or a cut. i think it's best to only promote you, not some other company. when people sell on amazon, they are promoting amazon. it's hard, but to me, the best way is to own your own website. sales will be crap for a long time, but then when you get going, sales get better over time. you have to persevere.

Submissions: 0

Posted on Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:54 am

Sorry, i should have said I've been selling my work locally for a long time and on etsy for a few years now. I do not trust etsy much as they have screwed over their customers a couple times, so i am looking for a new venue to sell my stuff while i build my own site as that is looking like my best option but i do not yet have the traffic for it.

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1