Newbie Introduction & Induction (Part the 2nd)
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Knitting Circle

Submissions: 0

introduction
Posted on Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:48 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

Hello MAIL members,

What a wonderful site!!! I am a total newbie and I have been learning chain maille weaves for about a month or two now and am totally hooked on the jewelry at this point, but may dabble in other stuff...I'm still looking around through the site...

The information you have provided regarding AR has been invaluable. If I'd been left to experiment I know it would have taken a lot of work to figure mandrel sizes.

I like to build stuff. To date I've gone "on the cheap" and have built a coil cutter, a coil winder (and a second one is under construction to be finished this week - hand driven style for anodized aluminum - don't want to scuff up the coating), and will have a full set of 9" long mandrels in 64th inch increments by the end of the week (1/8" to 1/2").

So thank you MAIL for your wonderful site. The photos of the various weaves are very nice, listing of the AR for each weave (really good!), and the links to the tutorials are great.

Hello, newbie here but not to chainmaille
Posted on Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:32 pm

Hello my name is Andrea and I am new to the forum, not to chainmaille though as I have been doing it off and on for about 4 years. I am just getting back into it and love to learn new weaves and designs.

Submissions: 1

Posted on Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:21 pm

Welcome into the pool -- and welcome back.

Submissions: 2

Posted on Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:03 pm

Hi everybody!

Been lurking and mailling for about 5 years. Finally decided to come join the club. Nice meeting you all!

Posted on Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:17 am

Hello everyone?! Newbie here... Names Rachel, from Texas and discovered how much I love making chainmaille over paracording. Don't get me wrong, you can make some nice things with paracord, but maille is so beautiful, intricate and can be challenging. Thanks for having me Very Happy
[/b]

Posted on Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:13 pm

Hi all! I'm a newbie to chainmaille. I saw it on Pinterest and just fell in love. It's so beautiful and intricate and amazing the things that can be done with it. I can't wait to learn all I can!

Posted on Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:37 am

Well, how new can you get? I started about a week ago. Smile So far I've made two bracelets, four necklaces, and two pair of earrings. Then I ran out of jump rings. LOL Now I have to wait till I get my hands on some money to buy more jump rings. Laughing I think I got hooked on Byzantine and spiral weaves, but I only had two size jump rings.

I have a connective tissue disorder called Ehlers Danlos Syndrome Hypermobility type. This means I have very loose joints and can dislocate any joint without reason or warning. Just today I dislocated a shoulder and a couple of fingers, but it's all good as they went right back in.

Wanting my own ring splints and not having $85 per knuckle had me experimenting with making some. An error in wire order had me making Christmas decorations for my family. That led to buying seed beads to enhance the decorations. I asked my family what they would like to see made out of beads and wire... That led to making jewelry out of seed beads and wire (peace sign earrings and pendants). That led to making 3d animals and sun catchers (roses inside of hearts). Then we stopped in at a new (to us) craft store. It turns out the store has been here since 2014! While we were there the owner told me that if I could solder, I could do anything and he showed me some chains he'd made. The next day I made a Byzantine bracelet using some very poorly made jump rings. Now a week later I have used up more than 2200 jump rings... Surprised

Canadian Newbie!
Posted on Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:16 pm

Jumping on the forums since it seems like I've pretty much mailled myself to the sofa at this point. Still learning some of the basics but I can bang out a birdcage bracelet in aluminum in 25 minutes flat last time I checked.

Been mailing for about 3 years now but I also collect hobbies like some people collect hockey cards. I also cross stitch, wire wrap, and read tarot when I'm not working on projects or pulling espresso shots at work. At this point I'm fairly certain I'm about 90% mocha.

Posted on Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:48 pm

Very Happy Hi I am Gloff
Newly started with this fascinating art form.
Busy with The weave Dragon Scale, rings 12mm & 16mm in 2mm galvanized steel wire.
The panels I am making are 15 rings wide by 51 rows

Newbie Intro
Posted on Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:18 am

Hi, Newbie here. I made a couple of byzantine bracelets now I'm hooked. I bought some books and a lot of rings and I already had the pliers from my jewelry making. So I got onto some chain maille sites on facebook and elsewhere and I'm about to get started, just have a few projects I promised to do first. I Live in the woods with my hubby and 2 cats, my tiny little dog, and my parrot. We have 5 acres butted up against hundreds of acres of state land, it's our version of heaven since we moved here from Detroit. I'm hoping you guys can teach me all you know! Smile

Submissions: 4

Posted on Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:37 am

Hi all! New but not new. First signed up here 7 years ago but wandered off until now. I've been very active with maille in the last couple years and now sell at art markets. I'll have submissions going in soon to show off what I've been doing.

Another newbie
Posted on Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:44 pm

Hello everyone, I just joined MAIL and hopefully I can learn a few new weaves and show some of the stuff I have been working on.

Submissions: 39

Posted on Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:44 am

Welcome! I look forward to seeing your creations and helping you with any questions.

Once you stop learning, you stop living, so...
Ask questions.
Try new things.
Share what you know.

MailleCode V2.0 T5.3 R4.4 E0.0 Feur MFe.sBr Wg Cwb G.7-5.1 I3.1-11 N20.5 Pj Dcdjt Xa1w2 S08

Posted on Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:16 pm

Smile Hello, I am new here and also to ChainMaille. Loving it so far. I am looking for Free or inexpensive tutorials and patterns and I am slowly learning the language. I still am lost and confused, but I will get there.

Nice to meet everyone
Dawna

Submissions: 106

Posted on Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:36 am

murph622 wrote:
Smile Hello, I am new here and also to ChainMaille. Loving it so far. I am looking for Free or inexpensive tutorials and patterns and I am slowly learning the language. I still am lost and confused, but I will get there.

Nice to meet everyone
Dawna

You have come to the right place for free! Feel free to ask questions on the forums. Very Happy

"I am a leaf on the wind." ~ Wash
Lorraine's Chains
Gallery Submission Guidelines

Jump to:  
Page 90 of 90. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 88, 89, 90