How large do you make your dice bags?
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Knitting Circle

Submissions: 0

How large do you make your dice bags?
Posted on Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:30 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

I've recently been requested to make some dice bags to sell at a local gaming store. I want to keep the cost reasonable, so people will actually buy them, but I also want it to be worth my time.

So I made a prototype from 16ga, 5/16 euro, making it roughly 3" diameter, 4" tall, and able to hold about 20 assorted dice.

Would you consider this a small bag, or closer to average size?

"Never criticize someone until you have walked a mile in their shoes. That way, when you DO criticize them, you are a mile away and you have their shoes."

Posted on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:41 pm

The following is based solely on my own opinions, ymmv, as may that of your customer base:

Assuming those '20 assorted dice' are mostly made up of the industry standard '16mm' dice, that sounds to be within the right range for a 'medium' sized bag.

For a 'small' bag, I would size it to hold 1 full set of standard polyhedrals (d4, d6, d8, d10, d12, d20) with just a bit of extra room for maybe 2 or 3 extra dice

Submissions: 30

Posted on Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:00 am

You might consider making a paper template. Curl a piece of paper into a tube and fill it with the amount of dice you want the bag to fit, then shrink the diameter of the tube until you find a good height/diameter ratio. Then measure those dimensions and make the bag. The small amount of space added by the contractions at the bottom, assuming you're making a radially contracting bag, would provide a little extra room.

I like to fit at least 1 standard set plus 4d6, 2d20, and 4d4 but I usually go bigger. It sounds like if you're fitting 20 dice that should be fine. It's not a bad idea to have a separate selection of small bags to fit only a standard set but bear in mind that most players spending the kind of money a chain bag should go for probably use more dice than that.

16 swg, 5/16" is the largest I'd recommend for a dice bag but that makes it a very economical choice.

Posted on Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:40 am

'You should seriously mull over making a paper layout. Twist a bit of paper into a tube and fill it with the measure of dice you need the pack to fit, at that point shrivel the width of the tube until the point when you locate a decent tallness/distance across proportion. At that point measure those measurements and make the pack. The little measure of space included by the withdrawals at the base, expecting you're making a radially contracting sack, would give some additional room. ' - real good advice! I will try to domyessay.today that way. How come I didn't hit upon such idea?

Submissions: 100

Posted on Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:28 pm

If you want the price low one set of role playing dice is enough, I would recommend 16swg 1/4 for 4in1. 5/16 is more a 6in1 ring

Posted on Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:32 pm

If you want the price low one set of role playing dice is enough, I would recommend 16swg 1/4 for 4in1. 5/16 is more a 6in1 ring

Submissions: 1

Posted on Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:44 pm

Confounded double post!

'The Minstrel Boy to the War is gone...'

Posted on Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:28 am

I should know better than to press the back button by now Confused

happy wheels online
Posted on Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:28 am

Thousand of online website provides online games but i did't saw online game website like happy wheels online game portlal website .
Thanks for sharing it guys

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1