Linking 4-to-1 and 6-to-1 weaves
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Weaves Discussion

Submissions: 0

Linking 4-to-1 and 6-to-1 weaves
Posted on Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:30 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

Hi all,

I am knitting a 4-to-1 vest that will probably end up as a full shirt depending on how my supply of links goes.

As I have been creating it I have been thinking about the finish and it struck me that maybe having 6-to-1 cuffs and hemline might look nice and be relatively easy for a starter but I can find no instructions, suggestions or images showing how this could be done.

It should be simple enough I would have thought but every time I try it I end up with the 6-to-1 bending round in a curve Sad

Could someone please point me at something that shows how to do this, or provide me with some guidance?

Thanks

Parthe

Submissions: 30

Posted on Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:40 am

what size rings are you using? 6-1 requires a larger AR than 4-1, and since you said your 6-1 is curling that sounds like your AR is a bit too small.

Submissions: 14

Posted on Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:43 pm

Hey, Parthe - I agree with Slagr, your problem sounds like your AR is too tight for the 6-1 to lay flat, if I'm understanding what you're saying about it curling up.

Try this article by Aderamelech out. It's for making a bikini top, but he has a few pictures on there that might help you out on how to go from 4-1 to 6-1.

http://www.mailleartisans.org/articles/articledisplay.php?key=35 Coif Smiley

I'll rise, but I won't shine.

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1