Half Persian 4 in 1 - Starting
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Weaves Discussion

Submissions: 0

Half Persian 4 in 1 - Starting
Posted on Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:28 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

Hey Guys. I'm new to the forums, thanks for having me!

I used to be able to do the half Persian 4 in 1, I should have kept a chunk to start from, but I didn't.. and now I just can get it again. I haven't done this weave for years.

Now, I can start the Half Persian 3 in one just fine, is it possible to start as 3 in 1 and transition it to 4 in 1 some how?

Thanks!

Submissions: 100

Posted on Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:38 am

You could make 3in1 into 4in1 by opening rings and connecting them to one more. Are you sure your ring size is big enough for 4in1?

Submissions: 8

Posted on Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:48 am

Just look up the weave in the library, check if the AR is suitable and then use one of the tutorials.

Posted on Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:13 am

Thanks guys, I had already looked up the weave tutorial. I was just saying I cant seem to get it started. I understand the weave, its just the first bit that gets me. when i try to close the rings everything falls out of place and i can't seem to get it back.

My AR is 5.0, and maybe even a bit higher with the spring back from the rings. Which is above min AR.

Submissions: 100

Posted on Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:12 am

When I am starting something tricky I try to add the rings delicately with the weave laying flat on a table.

Submissions: 8

Posted on Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:46 am

When everything falls out of place and you can't get it back you might have made a mistake Smile

With HP4-1 you start with 4 rings and then add 2 (1 is pre-closed). When you have added them correctly you should be able to find your way back eventually using the tutorial image. There are only so many ways you can flip the rings. It's also good practise and will help you learn and understand the weave.

Alternatively you can mark rings with a permanent marker, connect a clasp or 2 (different sized) rings to the first 2 rings or tape the first 2 or 3 rings together.

Submissions: 61

Posted on Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:59 pm

My favourite way of starting Half Persian 4 in 1 (and Half Persian 3 in 1) is to make a patch of European 4 in 1 and use the top row of it to build the first section of the HP weave, and when I have enough of the HP weave to hold onto, to disassemble the bottom part of the E4 patch and use those rings to continue the HP weave.

But, to answer your actual question...
TroutRoad wrote:
Now, I can start the Half Persian 3 in one just fine, is it possible to start as 3 in 1 and transition it to 4 in 1 some how?

I think you can, yes. Consider that in HP3, one adds one closed ring and one open ring, and the open ring goes through-the-eye and around-the-next-eye (or the other way around if you are doing it that way), while with HP4, the new open ring goes through-the-eye, around-the-next-eye, and through-the-eye-after-that, I think you could transition from the HP3 pattern to the HP4 pattern easily enough if your rings are the correct AR.

Craft isn't cheaper than therapy, but it's more fun.

Posted on Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:07 am

I learned by taping the starter rings together with some cheap clear tape. Someone showed me how with some fishing and i like that better. just depends on the size of the ring for me.

Submissions: 39

Posted on Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:59 pm

Similar to what artyinsc said I usually tie the rings together with a twist-tie to keep them stable.

Once you stop learning, you stop living, so...
Ask questions.
Try new things.
Share what you know.

MailleCode V2.0 T5.3 R4.4 E0.0 Feur MFe.sBr Wg Cwb G.7-5.1 I3.1-11 N20.5 Pj Dcdjt Xa1w2 S08

Posted on Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:30 am

Thanks guys. i have not tried it again after giving up in frustration, but I did find a patch of HP 4in1 in 22 ga. Im hoping I can use that to transition it into 20 ga wire.

I'm interested in trying some of these ideas too!

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1