View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> League Business

Submissions: 26

Posted on Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:38 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

djgm wrote:
mithrilweaver wrote:
i'm still sore about that one.
lol, remember mithril we have to let it go Smile count to ten and put another ring on Needlenose Pliers Needlenose Pliers

Oh I'm sorry. I was talking very specifically about weaves. Galleries on the other hand (as we all know) are a slightly different kettle of fish.

And as a side note Master Djgm, Put words in my mouth if you wish, but expect me to spit them out with a few of my own choice mutterings for good measure. I see what you tried to do there. Don't think I didn't...... I seee youuuu.

Also: singing, drums, poi, maille, wood carving, drawing, writing.

Do you know what this tell s me?

Crafty. That's what.

Smile (and decidedly tongue in cheek)

Submissions: 97

Posted on Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:31 pm

mithrilweaver wrote:
i've had gallery images denied. juggling balls i made in various colors because the design was the same for each entry. the color changes were not enough of a difference. i wanted to show all the different things you could do with color and inlays - nope - denied. i'm still sore about that one.

A suggestion, should this come upon again. Maybe consider making a compilation pic of the different versions, that way they are all shown, but it's only one entry. Just a thought.

Insistence is futile.

We are the Quartz, lower your shovels and surrender your rocks. We will add your gemological and mineralogical distinctiveness to our own. You will adapt to service us. Resistance is rutile.

Handmaden Designs LLC
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Handmade Artists Shop
Author Website

Posted on Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:15 pm

Nárrína wrote:
mithrilweaver wrote:
i've had gallery images denied. juggling balls i made in various colors because the design was the same for each entry. the color changes were not enough of a difference. i wanted to show all the different things you could do with color and inlays - nope - denied. i'm still sore about that one.

A suggestion, should this come upon again. Maybe consider making a compilation pic of the different versions, that way they are all shown, but it's only one entry. Just a thought.

This would solve the problem of someone assuming a "submission loading" motive. I like that.

Submissions: 100

Posted on Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:53 am || Last edited by djgm on Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:04 am; edited 1 time in total

ClymAngus wrote:
djgm wrote:
mithrilweaver wrote:
i'm still sore about that one.
lol, remember mithril we have to let it go Smile count to ten and put another ring on Needlenose Pliers Needlenose Pliers

Oh I'm sorry. I was talking very specifically about weaves. Galleries on the other hand (as we all know) are a slightly different kettle of fish.

And as a side note Master Djgm

Crafty. That's what.

Smile (and decidedly tongue in cheek)
there appears to be some confusion here, i apologize for my lack of clarity ( I was under the impression you were quoting Lorraine from a previous thread, I did not intend to quote you) but i have no ill will or underhanded intentions.

Submissions: 100

Posted on Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:58 am

ClymAngus wrote:
Nárrína wrote:
mithrilweaver wrote:

This would solve the problem of someone assuming a "submission loading" motive. I like that.
ive had gallery photos denied for compilation shots asking me to separat the items into separate shots. sorry, not trying to make a case out of this just want to clarify there is a review process for gallery entries.

Posted on Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:25 pm

Unfortunately there is no way of concisely quoting most of the horror of this entire thread. Sorry for getting irate regarding this but the discussion of the weaves thread usually turns into a conflagration akin to an explosion in a straw man factory.

People who want reform have their motives questioned just as much as those who don't. So nothing changes. People want to go after weaves? Fine. Someone makes a sh*t ton of money making a weave you've designed? Well tough luck cold cheese, you made it you defend it. You did post it on a free for all site after all.

Did you make a length then physically post it to yourself recorded delivery leaving the package unopened? No? Then it's he said she said.

See? Even the kudos of being a weave maker has a price (you WILL miss out on opportunities to make money if you post your weave here) but you further the art. If THAT is the motive (and we're already burning possible future green backs without a care in the world) then who really cares who's name is on the top of the page?

I just don't get it I really don't.

As for gallery. Pictures should be rejected on size (of course) and if there is another issue then a solution should be negotiated.

Jump to:  
Page 3 of 3. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3