Medo-Persian; Fieldstone and Sweetpea Article: Wrong weaves?
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Articles Discussion

Submissions: 24

Posted on Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:14 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

I had almost forgotten about this thread... since it all occurred in a single day...

Where does Y-Weave fit in?

while(!project.isFinished())
project.addRing();
// Maille Code V2.0 T7.1 R5.6 Eo.n Fper MFe.s Wsm Caws G0.8-1.6 I2.4-8.0 Pn Dcdejst Xw1 S07

Submissions: 96

Posted on Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:12 pm

TrenchCoatGuy wrote:
I had almost forgotten about this thread... since it all occurred in a single day...

Where does Y-Weave fit in?

With Fieldstone and Medo-Persian, they both have a two-ring interaction called 'Moon' which Y-Weave does not have. Y-weave is closer to Sweet Pea, but the semi-sandwiched ring patterns are spread out farther having been started at different points in the weave and are not oriented in the same way. (With Sweet Pea the top/bottom and side-to-side pattern go in opposite directions, and with Y-Weave they go the same direction). This makes Y-Weave looser and possibly more of a transition weave from this grouping to the regular Full Persian based weaves since the rings will be more likely to fall in a > form rather than =.

(For any not familiar with the term 'Moon': 'Moon' is a two-ring interaction in which the rings are interlocked as they would be in a normal chain, except they are pushed in closely to each other rather than pulled out to their longest possible length. They are then positioned at right angles from each other so that they from an interaction that looks somewhat like this : '+' (basically the perpendicular right angle position of the rings in 'Helm' only with interlocked rings instead of quasi captured rings.))

Insistence is futile.

We are the Quartz, lower your shovels and surrender your rocks. We will add your gemological and mineralogical distinctiveness to our own. You will adapt to service us. Resistance is rutile.

Handmaden Designs LLC
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Handmade Artists Shop
Amazon Author Page

Submissions: 24

Posted on Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:24 pm

No, the question wasn't "is it the same", it is more of a "what else is closely related".

Sweetpea
Medo-Persian
Fieldstone
Y-Weave
One and a Half Persian
Mercury

The list goes on... and I was kinda aiming for a more complete progression list than just the dissimilarities of the first 3.

while(!project.isFinished())
project.addRing();
// Maille Code V2.0 T7.1 R5.6 Eo.n Fper MFe.s Wsm Caws G0.8-1.6 I2.4-8.0 Pn Dcdejst Xw1 S07

Posted on Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:25 pm

TrenchCoatGuy wrote:
No, the question wasn't "is it the same", it is more of a "what else is closely related".

Sweetpea
Medo-Persian
Fieldstone
Y-Weave
One and a Half Persian
Mercury

The list goes on... and I was kinda aiming for a more complete progression list than just the dissimilarities of the first 3.

Oops. Sorry, misread your question.

Insistence is futile.

We are the Quartz, lower your shovels and surrender your rocks. We will add your gemological and mineralogical distinctiveness to our own. You will adapt to service us. Resistance is rutile.

Handmaden Designs LLC
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Handmade Artists Shop
Amazon Author Page

Posted on Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:41 pm

TrenchCoatGuy wrote:

Well, just among the chains there are also:

Fleur-de-lis
Trail of Tears
Chaldean
Mink Tail Weave
Crop Circles
Mars
Deimos
One Hour Less Sleep Forwards and Backwards
Persian Sweet Pea
Phobos
Solar Eclipse
Spinal Weave
Staggered Spinal
Walkabout

And possibly a few others.

Insistence is futile.

Handmaden Designs LLC
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Handmade Artists Shop
Amazon Author Page

Jump to:  
Page 2 of 2. Goto page Previous  1, 2