scalemail (?)
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Knitting Circle

Submissions: 7

scalemail (?)
Posted on Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:38 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

lookin for tuts about scalemail, really glad about that "The Happy Barbarian Hordelands"-pdf (dunno who posted this, but it's awesome and lonely in here), but i would appreciate more tuts - could someone post some? I've even seen 3in1 on a fb-page (3rings in a scale).

Submissions: 0

Recommended resource
Posted on Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:10 am

Get this book! It's worth the money and cheaper in E-book format. Made me very comfortable working with scale mail weaving.

http://www.amazon.com/Advanced-Chain-Maille-Jewelry-Workshop-ebook/dp/B00TIY31UA/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1439946641&sr=1-1&keywords=advanced+chainmaille

Submissions: 28

Posted on Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:42 am

The happy barbarian's pdf is one of the best, and it originated from a user that goes by the name of Paladin over at TRL's forum.

Link for anyone interested in finding the same useful pdf.

I will also add that something very interesting about working with scales is that... you can consider them rings and use them in standard weaves.
Byzantine works nicely replacing 1/3 of the rings with scales.

while(!project.isFinished())
project.addRing();
// Maille Code V2.0 T7.1 R5.6 Eo.n Fper MFe.s Wsm Caws G0.8-1.6 I2.4-8.0 Pn Dcdejst Xw1 S07

Submissions: 7

Posted on Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:59 pm

@whmuse: thanx for the link, i'll see into it.

@TrenchCoatGuy:
thanx for the bckground information.
Sure thing that scalemail basically is the same as E4in1, say, scales can be considered as rings and therefore several weaves can be used using scales instead of rings, but it's also a matter of connecting several sheets to make clothings from it. That's why the happy barbarian came in quite handy for me.
Btw: i found the happy barbarian here on mailleartisans while searchin for "scale" - it's listed in search results under "links": http://sites.google.com/site/thehappybarbarianhordelands/scale-tutorial

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1