I need help with Byzantine Joining Ring weave
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Weaves Discussion

Submissions: 0

I need help with Byzantine Joining Ring weave
Posted on Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:48 pm
Link to Post: Link to Post

Hi, I'm making a ring in Sterling Silver, Single Connecting Ring Byzantine, AR 3.125, ID 2mm, Wire Thickness is 0.64mm.

The size of the ring is just a tiny little bit too big, as in, when I shake my hand it feels like it would fall off. However, I don't think that I can make the rings any tighter than they are already, so really I was hoping for any ideas on how to make it a tiny bit tighter.

I've already looked at ring adjusters on the internet, but I think they're more of a temporary fix...

http://imgur.com/BI5B0IN

Any ideas are welcome!

Thanks

Submissions: 7

Posted on Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:24 pm

Try taking out the connector ring that the red arrows is pointing at. Turn the weave (the piece to the right of the arrow) towards the center a quarter turn and instead of a byz link here do a box chain joint.

So instead of
<->
you'd have
<<

Submissions: 21

Posted on Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:53 pm

If the AR is large enough, try going to the double connector version, it should cause the ring to contract ever so slightly.

Maille Code V2.0 T5.4 R4.5 Eo.p Fj12.2 MFe.s Wg$i C$p G0.5-1.5 I1.2-10.8 N16.16 Pt Dcejt Xa6g14 S07 Hc
Articles - Byzantine Speed Weaving - Poor Man's Tumbler - Ring Jig - Turk's Head Knot Ring - Wire Winding
Maille - Belt - Choker w. Padlock - Collar - Collar with Twist - Cuffs - Cuff 2 - Decorative Chains - DS Belt - Maille Cuffs - Micro Ring - T Shirt - Vambrace - Watch Band - Watch Chain
Non-maille - Ring - Ring Mk II

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1