Old fart complains...
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> Chat

Submissions: 106

Old fart complains...
Posted on Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:14 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

My back hurts like hell and apparently I have to learn to live with it. My eyesight is worth poop-on-a-stick. And now I have "trigger-finger" in my right ring-finger. DAMMIT! Sad

Also, GET OFF MY LAWN YOU DAMN KIDS!

"I am a leaf on the wind." ~ Wash
Lorraine's Chains
Gallery Submission Guidelines

Submissions: 20

Re: Old fart complains...
Posted on Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:31 am

lorraine wrote:
My back hurts like hell and apparently I have to learn to live with it. My eyesight is worth poop-on-a-stick. And now I have "trigger-finger" in my right ring-finger. DAMMIT! Sad

Also, GET OFF MY LAWN YOU DAMN KIDS!

*gives you a cane*

Useful Links
Site Help: [ BBCode Help | Weave AR/Ring Size Popup | Login Issues ]
Weave AR Search is back: Try it out!

Posted on Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:00 am

Daemon_Lotos wrote:
*gives you a cane*

*proceeds to beat you with it* "JAIL!? What do you mean I can't do that?"

Lorraine's Chains

Submissions: 9

Posted on Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:46 am

I had trigger finger in both thumbs, one after the other. Pain in the ... especially as everyone else thinks it's funny. Cortisone shots fixed me, I would recommend it.

Submissions: 39

Posted on Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:47 pm

lorraine wrote:
My back hurts like hell and apparently I have to learn to live with it. My eyesight is worth poop-on-a-stick.

Well there is your problem! Stop trying to poop-on-a-stick and your back should stop hurting. ESPECIALLY, if the stick is standing upright!

Once you stop learning, you stop living, so...
Ask questions.
Try new things.
Share what you know.

MailleCode V2.0 T5.3 R4.4 E0.0 Feur MFe.sBr Wg Cwb G.7-5.1 I3.1-11 N20.5 Pj Dcdjt Xa1w2 S08

Submissions: 3

Posted on Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:46 pm

www.darkknightarmoury.com/p-26763-steampunk-magnifier-lens-goggles.aspx

Those should solve your eyesight problems quickly.

Um, that doesn't break an advertising rules, does it? I don't advocate you to buy any product from a website.

These are fleeting moments within we live.
In tomorrow I die.
Unto today I live forever.

Submissions: 0

Posted on Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:02 am

Well, I totally get the back and the eye problems...

My back has been hurting since my teen-age years (luck of the genetic draw there). I've learned enough from it (and doing PT for nine years most days) that if I run about every other day (not too much--that's just as bad as not enough) and sleep in the right position it doesn't hurt too much.

Eyes, though--just beginning to be a bad problem. I think I'm beginning to lost my accommodation, so I'm sure I'll need bifocals in a good 10 years or so. Given, I spend an average of four hours a night with my eyes up to a microscope so that probably doesn't help too much. (But it's what I get paid for, so I won't complain about it.)

How'd you get trigger finger? Do you do 3-gun shooting or something? Smile

- Z.

Posted on Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:41 pm

You guys crack me up, in a good way. Very Happy

When I entered 2nd grade, I came home and said, "Mom, I've moved to the front row of desks, but I still have to squint to read what's written on the chalk board." My mom said, "WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY SOMETHING BEFORE NOW!". This, from the woman who wore glasses, who married a man who wore glasses, who had already had two children who wore glasses... Now I ask you, HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW!? Rolling Eyes Anyway, I cannot focus on anything without correction unless it is exactly 5 inches from my eyes. (MM! POOP ON A STICK, and on you!) I have bifocals and they help, but my eyesight keeps changing and the astigmatism does not help... *whine whine whine*

I have arthritis and curvature of the spine (the second went undiagnosed until an x-ray at the age of 50... thank you VERY MUCH TEXAS PUBLIC SCHOOL SYSTEM!). Physical therapy helped me solve a back muscle problem. The PT stretching exercises were nothing special even though they feel good and I still do them, but the trigger point therapy (which I subsequently figured out myself, through research) helped greatly! However, I have arthritis in at least two vertebrae which produced bone spurs that are painful. I'm learning to live with it. Having watched my husband go through three back surgeries over the last ten years with minimal decrease in pain... I'm not really a "WHOO HOO! SURGERY IS AWESOME!" person at this point.

The trigger finger... I am pretty sure that is due to the arthritis, constant mailling for the last 12 years, beading tiny little beads for at least ten years, and crocheting for most of my life. Repetitive motion is a bee-awwwch! The worst part is... it's in my dominant hand and makes opening cheap bottles of life-embiggening wine a pain in the arse...
<.<
>.>

But... I'm not a doctor... blah blah blah. I have an appointment to have a cortisone shot for my trigger finger. Hopefully that will relieve some of the pain and let me maille and crochet till I die... whenever that is. Oy vey!

Lorraine's Chains

Posted on Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:55 am

I had the cortisone shot in my hand today. I love my doctor and he has done this many times. However, I don't think this is going to help me. He said if it works, it should feel less painful within minutes. I still have trigger finger and the same amount of pain (about a 3 out of 10). I have to give it a couple more tries before insurance will pay for surgery. I'm remaining open-minded... for now. Smile

Lorraine's Chains

Submissions: 3

Posted on Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:48 pm

I'm already a proficient mailer and I'm only 18. Readin this, all I can think of is that I'm going to need new hands when I turn 40. Hopefully prosthetics will be all robotey by then.

These are fleeting moments within we live.
In tomorrow I die.
Unto today I live forever.

Posted on Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:18 pm

My whole BODY hurts sometimes, I gotta take Astragalus root just to have painless cracks when I stand up. I can't drive by a fast food restaurant anymore without immediately gaining 3 lbs., My wife's 46 and nobody notices our 18 year age difference anymore. Video games suck now, The Walking Dead is just a soap opera with zombies thrown in for the hell of it, I watch Dr Phil for entertainment and they're playing Heavy Metal on the oldies station...

I could go on BUT I FORGOT.

"The Builder's forge burns bright and hot, and separates steel from dross." - Mechanist Doctrine

"If you can't actually USE the collar and leash, what is the bleedin' point in making them!!!" - Me

Posted on Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:42 pm

lorraine wrote:
I had the cortisone shot in my hand today. I love my doctor and he has done this many times. However, I don't think this is going to help me. He said if it works, it should feel less painful within minutes. Smile

Give it a wee while.. One of mine responded within 24 hours but the other didn't seem to work then suddenly came un-stuck a week after the second shot. So you may still be in luck. Both are completely fixed now, no triggering and no pain.

I'm also awesomely near-sighted and can do micromaille without a magnifier, but finding a comfortable position to hold everything six inches from my eyeball is tricky.

Posted on Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:46 pm

By the way, my doctor said that trigger finger is a mysterious condition which isn't caused by anything in particular, it just happens. Middle aged women get it most, another thing they didn't tell us...

Posted on Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:35 pm

40 is nothing lol. Try being in your 50's. Leaky a$$ and limp woody creep up on you too.

Coming to you from The Goth Life

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1