Site Favourite Limit?
View previous topic | View next topic >
M.A.I.L. Forum Index -> M.A.I.L. Help

Submissions: 0

Site Favourite Limit?
Posted on Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:17 am
Link to Post: Link to Post

So, it seems I have hit my limit of 100 "Site Favourites".

I have a feeling there's a reason this limit is in place, so I'm curious what it is. Or, if there's a way that this limit can possibly be raised?

Submissions: 42

Posted on Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:03 pm

I believe it was just so people didn't "like" the whole site and bog down the system. Daemon_Lotos could tell you more if you wanted to ask him.

Once you stop learning, you stop living, so...
Ask questions.
Try new things.
Share what you know.

MailleCode V2.0 T5.3 R4.4 E0.0 Feur MFe.sBr Wg Cwb G.7-5.1 I3.1-11 N20.5 Pj Dcdjt Xa1w2 S08

Submissions: 20

Posted on Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:41 pm

MusicMan wrote:
I believe it was just so people didn't "like" the whole site and bog down the system. Daemon_Lotos could tell you more if you wanted to ask him.

Yep, something like that Smile
There was a finite upper limit set, offhand I couldn't tell you what it is, my memory isn't spectacular... But there is certainly a limit...
This is partly to prevent "like EVERYTHING" and also partly to facilitate easy storage and speed in the database.

Posted on Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:51 am

Daemon_Lotos wrote:
MusicMan wrote:

Yep, something like that Smile
There was a finite upper limit set, offhand I couldn't tell you what it is, my memory isn't spectacular... But there is certainly a limit...
This is partly to prevent "like EVERYTHING" and also partly to facilitate easy storage and speed in the database.

Totally makes sense to have a limit, because I can see how people favouriting everything on the site would cause explosions. I'm actually taking a database management systems course right now, so makes more sense than it used to

Is there any possibility of having it raised even a little bit? Like... 110 or 125 even?
I guess I could start using my browser favourites for images or tutorials or things that aren't weaves, but it'd make it easier if I log in at a friend's place or something without having to lug my own laptop xD

Submissions: 100

Posted on Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:57 am

you could always write a list with the name of things you want to find and keep it in your wallet or purse, a little old school i know but the search feature finds things quite well if you know the exact name of what you are looking for.

Submissions: 22

Posted on Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:19 am

You can copy the url into a file and put it in a USB stick.
So you only have to carry a tiny light USB stick.

Or, if you use a webmail, you can write it in a email and keep it forever in your draft directory.

[Not recommended] Some web-browsers, like Firefox, have an option to share your favorites / history / passwords (O_o) / I-don't-know-what / ... among different computers. It seems you have to create an account and it'll store your personal private data online. Personally, I'll never use such a thing, but maybe it's what you're looking for.

Posted on Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:02 am

I use Chrome, and it syncs my favourites across my devices. I just started keeping a "Weaves" folder... but if I'm not on one of my own computers, it doesn't help me much.

I could carry it on a USB stick or a notebook, but kinda defeats the purpose of having favourites built into a site like this. And besides, then there's the risk of me losing the USB stick or forgetting the notebook...

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1